Sign in

I forgot my password.

The Dark Knight RIses vs The Avengers

megamonmon

Both movies are the biggest blockbuster comic books this year but which one is better?

35 Replies

rockmann1997

Avengers because it knows it is a comic book movie and doesnt take it self TOO seriously.On an unrelated note The Dark knight is a pointless movie in the trilogy instead of SPOILERS having the Dent act clean up the streets they could have had Batman just clean up the city with Gordon and the force, and saved us from the whole Batmans a villain now subplot. i liked the Dark kight rises alot but i believe it gets a little too much acclaim.

Fapplejakks

I agree...

megamonmon

@rockmann1997 well it does make sense that it would get so much praise since its the ending to one of the best superhero trilogies where the third movie doesnt suck. being able to say that about something like this is rare

rockmann1997

Replying to megamonmon: SPIDERMAN 3 WASNT THAT BAD DAMMIT!

CaptinTucker

I really don't think you can count those batman movies as a trilogy. The Dark Knight really isn't even a "batman" movie, it's just a Joker movie that Batman happens to be in.

megamonmon

Replying to CaptinTucker: Did it have batman in it? Then it was a batman movie. Just like how the Justice League cartoon is also known as "Batman and his Bitches"

CaptinTucker

Replying to megamonmon:

There's a difference between a movie having someone in it and the movie being about that person. Iron Man has Nick Fury in it, but it certainly isn't a "Nick Fury" movie.
In The Dark Night Bruce Wayne/Batman has basically no arc or character development at all. The movie focuses most of its attention on the Joker character.
It's not a superhero movie about Batman, it's a super villain movie about Joker. In superhero movies we rarely see things from the villains point of view, in The Dark Knight every other scene is the Joker doing something psychotically awesome.

rockmann1997

I saw DKRS as a sequel to Batman Begins rather a continuation of the entire trilogy

Ki

the wicker man..

megamonmon

Replying to rockmann1997: I see it more like TDK was the middle story while batman begins was the beginning and TDKR was the end.

Ogrelord_Shrek

BANNED

bump.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

Avengers.

Parks

Ass To Ass

I liked Avengers a little bit more.

irishpat

The Dark Knight Rises.
I didn't like Avengers that much.

ItalianBadger

This is an interesting question since they are both fromt the same genre, but two very different comics. I think I liked the Avengers more then The Dark Knight Rises, but it would be tougher to decide between the Avengers and the Dark Knight. Avengers is much more light-hearted then TDKR, but what pushes it over TDKR is the ability to successfully make a movie with the amount of superheros they had to integrate.

GarrettRainboom

Avengers most definitely, Rises was kinda crap

LaughingMan9

Why are we bumping old threads now?

Avengers.

ItalianBadger

@LaughingMan9: It pushed down that Justin Beiber thread.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@LaughingMan9:
CHAT Image

forcep

BANNED

The Avengers

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

The Avengers. TDKR can hardly be considered a Batman movie in my opinion.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@LaughingMan9:
CHAT Image

forcep

BANNED

@BreadWolf:that makes me so wet, people speaking my second language

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@forcep:
Yo no puedo encontrar mi queso, yo no tengo los pantalones cortos. Piso mojado...
Los globos!

forcep

BANNED

@BreadWolf:que su hablaste fue riduculoso. Voy a matar tu.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@forcep:
No, por favor.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

Click to play

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@Chenzo:
Click to play

forcep

BANNED

@Chenzo:I have a feeling that's incorrect, but have no evidence to support my claim.

DashingRainbow

the dark knight rises

Carlsbean

BANNED

the avegners because my cousin died at the otter one

aStingyMiser

The Avengers.

forcep

BANNED

@Carlsbean:too late

You must be signed in to reply.