Sign in

I forgot my password.

Finally have an Xbox 360

LynnKelly

Years late, i know.
But the day has come where i finally own an xbox and i have a few games for it.

Any suggestions for -preferably simple/fun- games to build skills and just relearn basic controls?

(I have all of Bioshock, LA Noire, Tomb Raider and Halo4-thought i'm borrowing the others before i get to that one which is apparently shit-)

41 Replies

MLP_JoshF

Halo 4 isn't bad. I enjoy it.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

Halo: Reach

M4xwell

Insanitarium

Basic controls: Look at some well-known indie/arcade games for that.

Overt_Ode

http://internetboxpodcast.com/chat/topic.php?id=7550
Shannon had one as well I think, but I couldn't find it.

JohnStephen

First things first, do you have Xbox Live Gold and are intending on playing online or are you just looking to play offline singleplayer games?

masterofxen

Dick Fiddler

Saints row series. The first 2 were pretty good story wise and the latest 2 are great for screwing around

Assassins creed. Just addicting, great storylines worth the money. I do recommend starting from assassins creed 2 because the 1st one is a pain to travel from city to city and repetitive (The civillian NPCs have like 2 lines of dialogue)

What was a surprise to me were the Lego games, I don't know why they were just fun. I like the star wars ones but the batman ones are pretty good with dialogue and all (Lego game dialogue started at Lego Batman 2 onwards)

NFS most wanted, soh much energy, keeps you on your toes

Quake 4 as not to offend the overlord (haven't played it, CBF)

LynnKelly

@M4xwell:
Yeah, was gonna look into that, any specifics?
@JohnStephen:
Yup, anything is fine

forcep

BANNED

what's your gamer tag?

LaughingMan9

Trials Evolution is on sale if you're a masochist. If you're into stealth games and/or sci-fi punk games I highly, highly recommend Deus Ex Human Revolution. And I can't in good conscience not tell you how great the High Moon Transformers games are.

And to add on to those Assassin Creed recommendations, the first one is necessary and number three isn't. Everything in between is golden.

steven2116

my favourite game of all time is borderlands 2 so you may want to try that out i've played over 400 hours

KorporalKitty

PAM

Get XBL gold, minecraft and GTAV

ADashofRainbow

@masterofxen:
which most wanted?

Christopher

Halo 3

JohnStephen

@Christopher :
To add to this note, you are probably better off buying Halo 3: ODST instead of Halo 3. ODST comes with Halo 3 Mythic which is Halo 3's multiplayer and all DLC. There's no campaign with it, but you can probably borrow that off someone or buy it dirt cheap on eBay. Also, the ODST campaign is decent.

Alacaie

The games with gold program is a solid way to build a collection for yourself as well, try to get every game when it's free. Currently, the free game is Shoot Many Robots, and in a few days it will be Sleeping Dogs.

Zac

Sheriff

Ey! I just got live so i can finally play multiplayer!

LynnKelly

@masterofxen:
I wasn't sure about Saints Row, but i'll look into it.
I'm borrowing Assasins Creed from an obsessed friend and i haven't played NFS in a long time, i'll look into Most Wanted.
@LaughingMan9:
Yeah, been really wanting TE 'cause of AH, and Peggle.
One of my friends just got Deus Ex HR so i'll borrow after unless i find cheap.
@steven2116:
Yeah i was thinking of getting that once i get the basics down, been wanting that for a while.
@Korporal_kitty:
I never hear good things about Minecraft for Xbox but i want it and i'm waiting for GTAV to go down in price.
@forcep:
LMTK8

Aaaand thanks for all the suggestions so far

bigteddybear93

@steven2116: I just got that game .... pretty fun

mlp_midnaspet

Homo-Queen*

Halo 4 isnt a bad game per say... However it isnt halo as the titles set it up. Personally halo 2 is the best at delivering a good "Halo" experience. then reach after that.

Christopher

@Alacaie: What he said! Make sure you download Sleeping Dogs when it's free!

Insanity_Trials

Whisper Kick

Dark Souls
Lol jk. Assassin's creed as someone else said is fun. AC 2 if you dont plant to get gold. Halo Wars is also good if you like strategery. Plus Halo 3, Reach, and 4 if you want simple fun.

masterofxen

Dick Fiddler

@ADashofRainbow: the 2012 one

masterofxen

Dick Fiddler

I also forgot the portal series it's amazing and the batman arkham games.

If you find a copy of the orange box get it 4/5 games there are great (no-one plays tf2 on 360 any more)

And as someone said earlier borderlands 2 is well worth your money and the DLC packs for that feel more like expansion packs which is a bonus

people are also saying good things about brothers: a tale of 2 sons

Miser_Reborn

Let me give you my personal guide.

Get:

-Vanquish
-Bayonetta
-Red Faction: Guerilla

AVOID:
-Fable 3
-The entire Assassin's Creed franchise
-ANY Sonic game that isn't Generations.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@Miser_Reborn:
EXTREMELY GET:

N+ 

masterofxen

Dick Fiddler

no,luca,no GOTY every year

Overt_Ode

@masterofxen: Yes!
The Orange Box and Portal most def

LynnKelly

@Alacaie:
Ooooh, thanks!

JohnStephen

@Miser_Reborn:
Ditto on Fable 3. Not even being free could redeem it.

LynnKelly

@Overt-Ode:
Yes! I really want those

Deleted user

I would not recommend Fable 3 because that is a terrible game. Also, I wouldn't recommend The Orange Box on Xbox because all those games play better on PC being that Valve is a PC developer first, plus if you got a student laptop or a mac you can most definitely run any Valve game on it perfect. Also, TF2 is complete ass on Xbox.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

I'd recommend Dishonored and Battlefield 3/4 (though not if you're new to first person shooters or first person games in general). I'll suggest more when I have access to my games.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

Did you get Bayonetta?

JohnStephen

I've recommended it many times before and I'll recommend it again, The Saboteur. Think of it as GTA meets Assassin's Creed in Nazi occupied Paris. You play as Seán Devlin, the Irishman with the worst Irish accent you've ever heard who speaks mainly in "The Quiet Man" Irish. He fled Ireland because of troubles (nothing to do with "the troubles", though) and is now living in France as an ex-racer turned mechanic. He got involved with a high-up Nazi and got dragged into the resistance.
The gameplay is a third-person open world game. You traverse German occupied Paris sabotaging German installations (eg, Sniper towers, propaganda speakers, fueling stations, etc) and doing missions for the French Resistance. You can travel around Paris with "borrowed" cars or by scaling buildings and running on rooftops, but acting suspicious (eg, holding weapons, climbing buildings, etc) in front of German soldiers will get you shot at. There's a nice mix of action, stealth and open world exploration.

Now, the game is far from perfect. Its full of bugs, the graphics aren't top notch and the story is flawed. But its fun. Also, being a woman you mightn't appreciate the excessive amount of boobs and jiggle physics.

LynnKelly

@simsoy:
I get too distracted with my laptop, can't play anything on it without pausing all the time and going off.
@SpongeyGString:
They are now on the list to look into.
@Redblood801:
No, though i've been told i am going to play it or else, so no idea what that means.
@JohnStephen:
Yeah, i'm the kinda woman who would definitely appreciate that.
And that sounds like a really awesome game that i strangely don't think i've heard of before. Bad accents are my favourite thing.

Overt_Ode

@JohnStephen: I love the lines when you jump off of buildings.

Also, you forgot the Belle de Nuit.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@LynnKelly: It means that if you don't play it, you'll be stabbed in the liver with a rusty spork several times.

JohnStephen

@Overt-Ode:
I love the line that's something like "That's right, just ignore the Mick with the bomb".

Also, something I forgot the mention about the game. The music. Do you like Nina Simone's "Feeling Good"? Of course you do! Is it historically accurate? Oh my no, but its a great song on a great soundtrack!

Oni

Get Dark Souls. PRAISE THE SUN

LynnKelly

@Redblood801:
Seem's reasonable.

So i just played Brothers which was super easy and stuff (some harsh moments for a simple game) and the first part of The Walking Dead;
Should i eventually buy the other parts? I hear a lot of people going on about it but i never paid attention.

You must be signed in to reply.