absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Hello everyone! The Jackbox Party Pack consists of the following games:
1. You Don't Know Jack (4 Players)
2. Fibbage XL (2-8 Players)
3. Drawful (3-8 Players)
4. Word Spud (2-8 Players)
5. Lie Swatter (1-100 Players)

When I lived with my roommates, Fibbage was the most popular one. I have this game on Steam so no one really needed to buy anything and just use their tablets/phones as devices. So I was thinking as a fun activity, I could host a multiplayer gaming session/playdate for the CHAT Community and we could play Fibbage & Drawful together (or any of the ones you guys want to see from the list). The conditions for this are:

1. We need a platform to host a conference call on so you can see the screen. Skype is the one that comes most easily to mind but if you guys have any alternate suggestions from prior experience e.g. Google+ Hangouts being better(?), I'd be all ears... or eyes because I'm reading nnnngghhh...
2. We have to decide a time where everyone would be available. The users on the site are spread across three continents however and that may prove to be a little difficult but I'm sure we can reach a consensus. I understand some of you might have work/school so I'm aiming to do this either on a Saturday or Sunday when everyone's relatively free.
3. Ideally you guys would have functioning microphones (even the in-built ones in your laptop will do) so we can communicate on Skype. If you are rather audio-shy, I can totally understand if you're not comfortable with being on a conference call with spooky strangers and you can mute your microphone on the call. ALSO, I hear Drawful is much better on a tablet than a phone so ideally you guys would have those but a phone is totally fine (in fact perhaps even more chaotic and funny). If you have neither, your computers will totally suffice.

So here's the plan of action. If you would like to participate in this, post your preference (GH Hangouts, Skype, anything else) in a message below. If you prefer not to advertise your Skype account, you can add mine which is 'zamanabbas92' and make sure to include your Internet Box account name in the invitation so I know it's you and I'm not adding a sex robot.
Also in the message below, include a day and time you would most probably be available this week. Convert it to an international time zone though like UTC or GMT so if enough people respond, I can make a poll with the most popular dates, we can consolidate and do this thang! I have a very flexible schedule this week so save sleeping time, I can take pretty much any time.
You can also post your sexual preference here but that would be weird and I don't know why you'd choose to do that... you weirdo...

P.S.: If you guys haven't played Fibbage or Drawful before, Achievement Hunter have fairly lengthy Lets Plays on those games so you can check those out to see if you're interested in this.
I will only decide to do this if a minimum of four people (three besides me) are interested but obviously... a maximum of eight, so the first seven to be interested in this I guess?

339 Replies

Bartek

When we did it earlier we mostly started 22 - 23 my time (UTC plus 2)

Zackizzle

I might be busy tomorrow, but I should be good all of Sunday,
EDIT: I'm in UCT -7

Deleted user

Wow, I do not understand timezones. XD

Bartek

Sunday 21:00 UTC?

Zackizzle

@Bartek:
That time sounds fine with me.

Zackizzle

@BBurn0:
UCT is Britan's timezone.
Timezones east of it are plus
Timezones west are minus
EDIT: appearently there is no plus sign in the chat

Deleted user

@Bartek:
I will be at work, sadly.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek: Cool by me.

Bartek

@BBurn0: It's ok - you'd get bullied anyway.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

We should play word spud this time. That's become a recent favourite of mine.

Bartek

@oilfire30: I watched a brief gameplay but I don't get it...

Applejack4life

I can make it too, I also just bought Jackbox if someone's interrested

Deleted user

@Bartek:
Is this bullying right now? :'(

Bartek

How are we streaming this? Cause that's like the one thing we actually need to play this.

Deleted user

@Bartek:
I believe Oily said he would do a YouTube stream.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek:
It's a fantastic game!

First player gets given a word, they must start a phrase or sentence with that word. If the majority of other players like your answer, then the last word of your phrase is given to the next player. The possibilities are endless.

An example of winning the turn:
First word given is 'jump' (what the player types will be underlined)
The first player writes down 'jumping jacks
4 other players liked the words, 3 other players disliked the phrase.
The player who entered 'jumping jacks' gets 1 point.
The next player has to start with 'jacks'.

An example of losing the turn:
First word given is 'jump' (what the player types will be underlined)
The first player writes down 'jumping jacks
3 other players liked the words, 4 other players disliked the phrase.
The player who entered jumping jacks loses 1 point.
The next player has to start with a random word.

Bartek

@oilfire30: K - how much time does it take to play one game? I have to go to work the next day earlier than I expected so I won't be playing too long.

Zackizzle

Yo, when is this starting and who's hosting it?

Bartek

@Zackizzle: If I understand correctly - in 1 hour, Oily is streaming on YouTube

Zackizzle

@Bartek:
kk thnx bb

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek:Minimum of 3 I think.

Bartek

@oilfire30: 3 hours? Jesus o.O

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Hangout link: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/xhmwtt7ub5hdndirrnlxpc22m4e?authuser=0

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw__xjSjZ9k

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek: WELP, thought you meant how many people. Shouldn't take too long.

Bartek

I'm watching you -.-

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek: So I can see.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

http://i.imgur.com/sfN1OP1.jpg

Zackizzle

@oilfire30:
Lemme fix that for you.
CHAT Image

Zackizzle

I'll pray for you Oilfire.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Zackizzle: It's your move.

AwYeah

@super_legit

did i miss it? damn. that's what I get for moving again

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

I know it's April Fools for some people, but no joke, we should do one of these again sometime. I have jackbox 1, 3, and 4 so we should all totally play together again.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Also, now that Discord has Screenshare, we won't have to use Google Hangouts either! Haza

Parks

Ass To Ass

@My_nama_Jeff: That would be cool.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Parks: Yeah, it would be. Haven't hosted Jackbox in a while, so it'd be fun.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@My_nama_Jeff: I haven't played in months. I think the last time I played was in October or November.

Deleted user

@Parks:
I haven't in a loooooong time

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Wow OP sure loved to ramble lol

I would be up for this again :)

You must be signed in to reply.