absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Hello everyone! The Jackbox Party Pack consists of the following games:
1. You Don't Know Jack (4 Players)
2. Fibbage XL (2-8 Players)
3. Drawful (3-8 Players)
4. Word Spud (2-8 Players)
5. Lie Swatter (1-100 Players)

When I lived with my roommates, Fibbage was the most popular one. I have this game on Steam so no one really needed to buy anything and just use their tablets/phones as devices. So I was thinking as a fun activity, I could host a multiplayer gaming session/playdate for the CHAT Community and we could play Fibbage & Drawful together (or any of the ones you guys want to see from the list). The conditions for this are:

1. We need a platform to host a conference call on so you can see the screen. Skype is the one that comes most easily to mind but if you guys have any alternate suggestions from prior experience e.g. Google+ Hangouts being better(?), I'd be all ears... or eyes because I'm reading nnnngghhh...
2. We have to decide a time where everyone would be available. The users on the site are spread across three continents however and that may prove to be a little difficult but I'm sure we can reach a consensus. I understand some of you might have work/school so I'm aiming to do this either on a Saturday or Sunday when everyone's relatively free.
3. Ideally you guys would have functioning microphones (even the in-built ones in your laptop will do) so we can communicate on Skype. If you are rather audio-shy, I can totally understand if you're not comfortable with being on a conference call with spooky strangers and you can mute your microphone on the call. ALSO, I hear Drawful is much better on a tablet than a phone so ideally you guys would have those but a phone is totally fine (in fact perhaps even more chaotic and funny). If you have neither, your computers will totally suffice.

So here's the plan of action. If you would like to participate in this, post your preference (GH Hangouts, Skype, anything else) in a message below. If you prefer not to advertise your Skype account, you can add mine which is 'zamanabbas92' and make sure to include your Internet Box account name in the invitation so I know it's you and I'm not adding a sex robot.
Also in the message below, include a day and time you would most probably be available this week. Convert it to an international time zone though like UTC or GMT so if enough people respond, I can make a poll with the most popular dates, we can consolidate and do this thang! I have a very flexible schedule this week so save sleeping time, I can take pretty much any time.
You can also post your sexual preference here but that would be weird and I don't know why you'd choose to do that... you weirdo...

P.S.: If you guys haven't played Fibbage or Drawful before, Achievement Hunter have fairly lengthy Lets Plays on those games so you can check those out to see if you're interested in this.
I will only decide to do this if a minimum of four people (three besides me) are interested but obviously... a maximum of eight, so the first seven to be interested in this I guess?

339 Replies

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: I can do Saturday.

AwYeah

@super_legit

Wait, I want to change my vote to saturday as well. Also, is anyone else calling this group the CHATbox group in their heads? because if it's just me, I'll stop.

edit: Oh, also, I'm in

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

K, I think we have enough people to doooo this.

Saturday 2000 GMT ok with participants? That's basically around 12 hours and 20 minutes from now.

Zac

Sheriff

@absolutezilch:Ill be sure to be super racist

AwYeah

@super_legit

@absolutezilch: I'm in

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Tres hours to go.

Bartek

You'll send us an invite? Just like last time?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Bartek: I believe the hangout is still there. I think we can still use that. I'll drop the link here again though.

JohnStephen

So, what exactly is going on? How are we doing this?

AwYeah

@super_legit

Where the hell is everyone?

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@JohnStephen: Google plus

Bartek

Where's the link?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

For people not on the hangout already, here's the link:

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/g74ziqya3b6wyspctd3vr4qlfya

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

So far, there's four people in the call. I'll start a game of Drawful in ten minutes to keep people on the call entertained. If you guys join the call in between a running game, you'll have to wait for that game to end in order to join the game.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

#HASHTAG

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

That was great...

Zac

Sheriff

Holy shit, that was amazing

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

That was fun. I suppose it's a good idea to not upload this considering I might get SWATted or something. xD
That's even more insane considering I'm in the UK.

JohnStephen

@absolutezilch:
With all the stammering I did you better not upload it!

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

It's amazing how I didn't wake anybody up.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

So... Next week?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: Sorry bruh, in a bit of a bind for about two weeks. If someone buys the game though, you guys can host it. It's $25 on Steam.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: Ok.

Zac

Sheriff

I might be able to scrape together some money by then end of this week

Bartek

SERIOUSLY! LETS' GET MIKE TO PLAY WITH US! :P

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek: MIKE, do it for the people.

AwYeah

@super_legit

@Bartek: I tweeted to him for the first one. he responded, said he would but he was busy. it was about 15 minutes before the first one started, though

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

I now have an actual headset so I don't have to wear headphones and attach a mic to my shirt individually. Also my voice should have at least 20% less aids in it.
Also we should try word spud because with our humor it can get insane.

Zac

Sheriff

@oilfire30:20%! we'll take it!

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Zac: I'm glad as well because I used to have to use a clip-on microphone and a separate pair of headphones, which was a huge pain if I had to leave for at all.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

I got the game, anyone wanna play a game?

Bartek

@oilfire30: I just passed the most monstrous exam ever - I'm 100% in for this weekend

JohnStephen

@Bartek:
I just started college this week, I'm 100% on for sleep this weekend. Speaking of which, one of the Polish guys in my course is named Bartek, I never knew it was a Polish name and always assumed it was just an online handle.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek: Sweet, any times you'd like to do?

Bartek

@oilfire30: I guess any time till midnight is a good time to start for me.

Bartek

Also there's 2 of us - anyone else wanna join in?

Zac

Sheriff

Im down tonight which might be a little late for all you aussies, but im off monday if that works for anyone else

Bartek

Monday sounds ok - what time thou?

AwYeah

@super_legit

I may be down for this as well, depending on time

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

maybe, need times though

Zac

Sheriff

@oilfire30:Youve got the gaimz, its up to you

Bartek

Ok I'll start - 23:00 CET?

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek: I can make it, but not for too long.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

I can make it Thursday and Friday in Australian time. Here are the times for you guys.
Option C can be either A or B on Friday instead of Thursday my side.

1. Oilfire30 (GMT plus 10) A: 6AM THU B: 8PM THU
2. Absolutezilch (GMT plus 01) A: 9PM WED B: 11AM THU
3. Bartek (GMT plus 02) A: 10PM WED B: 12PM THU
4. AwYeah (GMT minus 06) A: 2PM WED B: 4AM THU
5. Zac (GMT minus 04) A: 4PM WED B: 6AM THU
6. Dangerfox (GMT plus 04) A: 4PM WED B: 6AM THU
7. Forecep42 (GMT minus 07) A: 1PM WED B: 3AM THU
GMT Time Equivalent A: 8PM WED B: 10AM THU

Which would be best?
  1. A
  2. B
  3. C (Please specify A or B)

Poll has been closed.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: Oh sorry, I'm GMT plus 04 now. Back in Dubai now.
Also there's too many guests around the house right now for me to indulge in the Jackbox festivities, sorry. Did I mention I'm engaged? (Arranged)

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: Congrats on your engagement dude.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@oilfire30: Just to confirm, I have the game so I can host if arrangements can be made in time.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: Thank you very much.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Doesn't look like many people can come tomorrow so it might be off.

Zac

Sheriff

@absolutezilch:Congrats dude!

Zac

Sheriff

My saturday is free and clear!

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Zac: Thank you man :)

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Zac: I can't come, going out and then on holiday for a week. If you could host the game you could try and get some people together.

Zac

Sheriff

@oilfire30:Ill see what I can do

AwYeah

@super_legit

Hey, I'm down. I think I'm GMT minus 5 now? whatever US eastern standard is

AwYeah

@super_legit

anyone want to do this again?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@AwYeah: I do! But I'm in China at a trade expo at the moment :c I might be free two weekends from now.

Zackizzle

@AwYeah: I would.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@AwYeah: I can do it, sure.

Bartek

Depends on the exact date

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Anyone wanna do this again?

Bartek

When?

AwYeah

@super_legit

I'm down to clown with doing it again.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek: Whenever you guys can do it.

AwYeah

@super_legit

@oilfire30: For me, best is after Dec.11. I know that's awhile away, though.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Down. I'm usually free almost everyday from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm GMT

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@AwYeah: That's ok, I'm still on holidays until February. We just need a time and day to agree on.

Zac

Sheriff

im down almost every weekend

Bartek

I'm out of the town this weekend (5-6.12). Other than that if we can start playing like 22:00 my time I'm down every day.

Bartek

OK so - 11th Dec?

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek: Sounds good, what are the best times?

Bartek

@oilfire30: For me any time before 22:00-23:00 CET

Bartek

Edit: we can actually start later if necessary - I just noticed it's friday XD

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek: Yeah, maybe the 13th? The 13th would meet everyone's date requests, all we need is a time.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

These are the times so far, everyone down.
CHAT Image

Zac

Sheriff

@oilfire30:Im working on my eagle project until 8em aest but I can do it after that

Bartek

@Zac: You're raising an eagle?

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek: Woah, that might not be leagle in some countries.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Would 12 hours earlier be ok? It would mean starting at 6pm AEST, 8am UTC, and 9am CET all on the 12th.

Zac

Sheriff

@Bartek:Yeah, the egg should hatch any time now

Bartek

I'm fine with 9am

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

So, these are the new times, everyone good with these?
CHAT Image

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Zac: What will it's name be?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Did anyone check out Jackbox Party Pack 2? The Giantbomb guys think it's relatively disappointing compared to its predecessor but their new Fibbage game in that pack has 500 new questions.

I'm almost tempted to fork out the dough on this...

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: I might check it out eventually. I've only seen proper gameplay of fibbage XL, Bidiots, and Quiplash.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: I see. Fibbage XL is in the original Jackbox Party Pack but yeah, Fibbage 2 is pretty much the same game in Party Pack 2 but with new questions.

Zac

Sheriff

@oilfire30:ScraAaAaAWWWWW

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Going to have to change plans on when the playdate is. IT WILL BE THE SAME TIMES, but different dates.

EDIT: NVM, just thought I had something on during the Saturday, forget the poll it's still on the regular date.

Which would be a better date?
  1. Saturday the 11th
  2. Monday the 13th
Bartek

@oilfire30: DEMOCRACY IS AN ILLUSION!

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Bartek: The government are all lizard people.

Bartek

So there's just 3 of us playing?

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

I'll post the link for the hangout 30 minutes prior to playing games. These are when the games start.
CHAT Image

Zackizzle

@oilfire30: holy shit. what is that in gmt?
EDIT: lol im dum utc is gmt

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: I wish I could join you guys but I'm at work right now. Have fun tho!

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Here is the hangout link. Note that the shift-7 part refers to the and symbol, which doesn't work on chat.
https://talkgadget.google.com/hangouts/_/cxehhanhcmdbbqssp6nmfnyowia?authuser=0(shift-7)hl=en

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

https://talkgadget.google.com/hangouts/_/cxehhanhcmdbbqssp6nmfnyowia

Bartek

Lol 2 people XD

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

The games have started...

Bartek

How do I turn the chat on?

My_nama_Jeff

Oil