absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Hello everyone! The Jackbox Party Pack consists of the following games:
1. You Don't Know Jack (4 Players)
2. Fibbage XL (2-8 Players)
3. Drawful (3-8 Players)
4. Word Spud (2-8 Players)
5. Lie Swatter (1-100 Players)

When I lived with my roommates, Fibbage was the most popular one. I have this game on Steam so no one really needed to buy anything and just use their tablets/phones as devices. So I was thinking as a fun activity, I could host a multiplayer gaming session/playdate for the CHAT Community and we could play Fibbage & Drawful together (or any of the ones you guys want to see from the list). The conditions for this are:

1. We need a platform to host a conference call on so you can see the screen. Skype is the one that comes most easily to mind but if you guys have any alternate suggestions from prior experience e.g. Google+ Hangouts being better(?), I'd be all ears... or eyes because I'm reading nnnngghhh...
2. We have to decide a time where everyone would be available. The users on the site are spread across three continents however and that may prove to be a little difficult but I'm sure we can reach a consensus. I understand some of you might have work/school so I'm aiming to do this either on a Saturday or Sunday when everyone's relatively free.
3. Ideally you guys would have functioning microphones (even the in-built ones in your laptop will do) so we can communicate on Skype. If you are rather audio-shy, I can totally understand if you're not comfortable with being on a conference call with spooky strangers and you can mute your microphone on the call. ALSO, I hear Drawful is much better on a tablet than a phone so ideally you guys would have those but a phone is totally fine (in fact perhaps even more chaotic and funny). If you have neither, your computers will totally suffice.

So here's the plan of action. If you would like to participate in this, post your preference (GH Hangouts, Skype, anything else) in a message below. If you prefer not to advertise your Skype account, you can add mine which is 'zamanabbas92' and make sure to include your Internet Box account name in the invitation so I know it's you and I'm not adding a sex robot.
Also in the message below, include a day and time you would most probably be available this week. Convert it to an international time zone though like UTC or GMT so if enough people respond, I can make a poll with the most popular dates, we can consolidate and do this thang! I have a very flexible schedule this week so save sleeping time, I can take pretty much any time.
You can also post your sexual preference here but that would be weird and I don't know why you'd choose to do that... you weirdo...

P.S.: If you guys haven't played Fibbage or Drawful before, Achievement Hunter have fairly lengthy Lets Plays on those games so you can check those out to see if you're interested in this.
I will only decide to do this if a minimum of four people (three besides me) are interested but obviously... a maximum of eight, so the first seven to be interested in this I guess?

339 Replies

Bartek

I'm absolutely in for Fibbage - my timezone is GMT 2 (CEST). I had my last exam in June, so pretty much anytime this week is good for me. I've never used Skype in my life, but I think can figure it out ;)

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Bartek: Cool stuff. Please check back on the forum for updates over the next few days.

deadshadow

foking furry

Im broke at the moment so i cant buy gamez

AwYeah

@super_legit

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but Twitch could also work. It would only be one way, but otherwise I'm good for Skype. I'm central time zone for the next few weeks (GMT -6).

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@deadshadow: You don't have to buy it. You just have to conference call with us in a group so I can show you my screen. All you need is something to access a website on e.g. phone, computer, tablet etc.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@AwYeah: That's a pretty good idea considering we could use the interface for CHAT and make it less chaotic but the problem on Twitch is that there's a stream delay of around 20 seconds which would make it difficult to sync up with what's happening on the stream and on your end.

Popstock

Hangouts. It's way better for everything, but it's way way better for screen sharing.

Zac

Sheriff

Skype works for me and im Est

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Popstock: The last time I tried Hangouts with a group of people, it was doing this thing where the screen for people who were 'talking' would specifically maximize for everyone in a hangout. I'm sure there's a way around it.

I'm up for using Hangout as well because I do remember it being able to handle quite well for a large group of people but I would need people's Gmail accounts right?

Popstock

@absolutezilch: There is a way around it. I forget what it is but it's something simple, like clicking on the person whose screen you want to see or pushing a button that says "BROADCAST TO ALL" or something like that.

You would need their Google Plus accounts or something.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Popstock: Yeah, I tried testing it alone and I figured out how to make it the largest screen (present). And I think I have a way around needing people's G-mail accounts. I can try dropping a link here to see if people can follow it. Right now I'm trying to see what audio feeds I can broadcast; I can't tell if it's just the game's audio or the audio feed coming through my microphone as well.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Popstock: Thanks for the help. Yeah, I think G Hangouts will be better for this compared to Skype. By the way, are you up for this as well?

TenaciousTuttle

6/10 Art Guy

I'm in.

Popstock

@absolutezilch: It honestly depends on what service you use.

AwYeah

@super_legit

@absolutezilch: Right after the first AH let's play came out, I played Fibbage on Twitch with some people. It was, OK. I'm sure Skype would be better.

I want to, and this is a good idea, but unfortunately I know I'll be busy. Good luck with it though.

forecep42

Rin=Waifu

I'd love to do this. I'm PST

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

I'm good with weekends. My timezone is AET (Australian Eastern Time) which is 11 hours ahead of UCT.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

OK, so far we have:

1. absolutezilch (GMT plus 01)
2. Bartek (GMT plus 02)
3. AwYeah (GMT minus 06)
4. Zac (GMT minus 04)
5. Popstock (Maybe?)
6. TenaciousTuttle (TimeZone and Available Times pls!)
7. Forecep42 (GMT minus 07)
8. Oilfire30 (GMT plus 10)

At the moment, unless Popstock says no, I'm not going to take any more participants. We do have a bit of a predicament with a time difference of 17 hours but I'm sure some of you night owls don't mind the weekends.

Right, for most people the general consensus is that Saturday or Sunday would be good. How does GMT 1500 sound for people? The extremes on that list would be:
1. Oilfire30 - 2 am in Australia.
2. AwYeah - 9 am
3. forecep42 - 8 am

If this is too early/too late for you guys for a dumb game, we can reconvene and discuss a better time?

Dangerfox

I'm down for whenever, I don't have school or work

Dangerfox

I'm EST btw

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Also, currently the plan is to use Google Plus Hangouts because I tested it out alone and it seems to run ok; it drops a few frames during screen capture but it's nothing atrociously bad. I haven't tested it out with a lot of people in the hangout (especially considering they're so far apart) so I don't know if it will hold up.
I have a feeling that Skype might be a similar experience to Hangouts so if the experience is intolerable on Hangouts, we will put that on hold and then I'll try to follow AwYeah's idea of streaming it on Twitch. I'm assuming there would be less bandwidth usage problems considering people would be restricted to the CHAT at that point but of course, you don't have audio coming through and there's a stream delay of about 20 seconds so what that would look like is that you would answer a question on your phone and it would appear in-game on the stream around 20 seconds later. I assume it's not atrociously bad considering I've played a game of Fibbage before where I couldn't see the screen at all.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: If it was 2AM sunday on my side then I'd be good as I wake up around 3 or 4 hours later on the weekends than on a school day. So yes, I can make it.

Is there any set communication method yet?
EDIT: Just refreshed the page after I posted, I'll be good to set up a Google plus account.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: How should we contact you about google plus stuff?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Dangerfox: Sorry, man. It looks like for now, we have a full party. You can check back on Fri/Sat to see if people are dropping out so you can have a place here.

On Saturday, what time would you prefer?
  1. GMT 1500
  2. GMT 2200
  3. Other (Suggest Below)

Poll has been closed.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: So my plan was to drop a link for the Hangout on this thread so people can join it when they open that link. The obvious problem with this is that people who haven't RSVPed will be able to open that link as well so it would be in your best interest to be here on time to open that link.
Alternatively, what I was thinking was that if people have a Google Plus account, they can PM me their e-mail address on the 'comments' page of my profile on this or drop it in this thread if they don't mind sharing it more openly. That way I'll add those e-mails to the hangout FIRST and then I'll put up the link so people who aren't comfortable with openly disclosing their e-mail address on Google Plus can join the game after opening the hangout if there are spaces available.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: Cool, I'll message you via steam.

AwYeah

@super_legit

Could we do both hangouts and twitch? that way, the people who can't join in due to limitations can at least watch and somewhat participate?

Neal

ROLF

So is there room for one more?

AwYeah

@super_legit

Also, just realized, if we do it Saturday at 1500 GMT, I won't be able to, work. Sunday would work, and either day at 2200 GMT should work.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Neal: For now, I'll limit to the first eight that show up at that time. We can keep going and people can keep rotating in and out of these games. I can sit out of a few games myself, I don't really mind.
I'll drop the link here and see how the night goes.

@AwYeah:
I'll open the Google Plus Hangouts first and if the connection doesn't absolutely shit itself with more than eight people on the call, I'll open OBS as well and stream it. If the Hangout starts shitting itself with less than eight people on the call, I'll close the hangout and just stream it on Twitch.
In fact that might be a good idea, considering my internet is a little bit unreliable and it may be easier for me to open new streams than it would be to open a hangout call again.

And the way it stands currently, Saturday 2200 GMT would be winning then. :)

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: Damn, I just realised how much better 22:00 GMT would be. Chat doesn't allow users to change votes, so could theoreticaly change mine to GMT 22:00?

Bartek

I'm fine with 22:00 too. Is there a way to bookmark/favourite a thread so I can get notifications?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Bartek: Yeah, there's a 'star' icon below the creation time in the original post. Favouriting it means you get notifications whenever someone posts something new in this thread.
And neat that you're ok with GMT 2200 because you're the one who I suspected might be the one most inconvenienced by that time, it being midnight and all.

@oilfire30: awesome. I suspected you might be ok with it. Just gotta be up a bit early, that's all.

Bartek

Yo, Mike! Don't you wanna play?

Popstock

I'm a definite no.

Popstock

I'm a definite no.

Zac

Sheriff

@Popstock:What a party pooper

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Does that mean there's an extra space?

forecep42

Rin=Waifu

I'm working on the weekend during the 2200, but 1500 would work technically, don't really want to be up at 8 am

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@forecep42: Awh bugger. I don't know when you'll be done but I'll try to keep it up for a while so you might be able to join after work.

@oilfire30: The likelihood was that there would always be extra spaces. People aren't giving me their e-mail addresses either so I'm deciding to just make it open invite by dropping the link here.

Bartek

bartoszwlodarczyk10@gmail.com

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Bartek: Cool, I have you and oilfire30 so far so I'll add you two to the hangout call first and then drop the link here unless more RSVPs drop their e-mails somewhere. Guys/Gals who would like to be added first, please either:
1. Drop your e-mail address here or
2. Put it in my messages on my profile if you want it somewhere a little less public or
3. Add and send me a message on Steam. (User ID: systemofadown331)

Bartek

We might decide which games we wanna play, perhaps? Fibbage and Drawful are golden, Quiplash is OK - in my opinion. You Don'y Know Jack however is not much fun for me. I don't know what Word Spud and Lie Swatter are.

Zac

Sheriff

f3rrumvir@gmail.com

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Bartek: Yeah, I was thinking this time we just restrict it to Fibbage and Drawful. The others are just kind of OK.

@Zac: Cool cool cool

AwYeah

@super_legit

WolfLaserProductions@gmail.com

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Reminder: Starting the Hangout (and probably Twitch stream) in approximately 5 hours.

JohnStephen

If you do another session of this let me know. I'm in daylight savings at the moment, so I'm UTC 1 until October.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@JohnStephen: Sure. Are you unavailable for this session?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Hello everyone. Guys who have sent me their e-mail addresses, I will send you an invite to Hangouts. If you haven't used it before, it'll ask you to sign up using your e-mail; it should be pretty straightforward. Oilfire 30, your new account isn't on the Hangouts app so I can't add you that way. I'll have to either send it to your old ID (Oilfire 30) since that seems to be on the database for hangouts but if that doesn't work for you, I'll need an e-mail.

Bartek

@absolutezilch: I got an invitation and I accepted it... I think...? Now what?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Bartek: Ah, I think I might have fucked up. It might be the more recent e-mail you just got?

Bartek

@absolutezilch: I'm in a hangout and it says "Zaman A left the Hangout."

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Bartek: Yeah, that's the wrong one then. Can you check your inbox to see a more recent invitation than the one I sent you initially? Google Plus's service is a little confusing because once you start a call in the app, it opens on the browser so I thought nothing was happening when I tried opening it. Just check to see if you have a more recent invite e-mail, please?

Bartek

@absolutezilch: 17 mins ago was the last mail I got

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: It says I can join your hangout. But if you need the email lawrenceculley@hotmail.com

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Bartek: Oh it just said that you left the hangout!

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Just gunna test the mic in the hangout, reply if it's good.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: Yeah I can hear you fine.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Bartek: I sent you an invite again. You should be able to join the hangout now. Oilfire30's in. You can join in an hour and a half though, there's no rush for now. ^^

AwYeah

@super_legit

i didnt get an invite

Bartek

@AwYeah: If got a nickle anytime I realize that...

AwYeah

@super_legit

wait, i got something from zaman a

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@AwYeah: WolfLaserProductions@gmail.com?

Your name was showing up as 'Unknown' when I tried adding you... hmmm..

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@AwYeah: Yeah, that's me :)

JohnStephen

@absolutezilch:
I thought you guys were full up, that's why I said next time. It just so happens that I'm unavailable (which I only found out since posting that message) so I'll have to join next time anyway.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

We're starting in about 10 minutes. If anyone else would like to join the game, here's the link:
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/g3hbanlul54xdsseso6dyabktua

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Streaming as well on:
http://www.twitch.tv/absolutezilch

AwYeah

@super_legit

wow, my computer just cannot deal with hangouts right now. just going to watch from twitch for now

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@AwYeah: Sure man, how's the delay on it?

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Just as an update, the current game is drawful.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

That was fun, and you didn't get kicked of twitch! We should do this again.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: Something really odd's happened with the recordings. The game audio is crystal clear and I can hear you guys. My audio is all garbled nonsense though, so that's perfectly fine. I'll upload this soon.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: I feel like I should upload the 35 minutes of shitty audio that was going to be a around half an hour prior to the call starting. I might upload that shitstorm to soundcloud.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: In hindsight, I should have recorded the audio separately but it's all good. This was surprisingly fun for a first run. Maybe if we do this again, I'll do a 'Hangouts on Air' instead and that will allow me to record my feed separately.

Zac

Sheriff

Welp!

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@oilfire30: Here's the 32 minutes of trash I recorded for a Mic test, which I then got too lazy to stop recording. Here's the shit

Bartek

Is this landing on Youtube?

Bartek

Is this landing on Youtube?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@Bartek: Yeap. Bad audio though.

deadshadow

foking furry

@absolutezilch: ok do you have my skype contact

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@deadshadow: We did this on Google Hangouts instead.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Drawful still uploading. You can't hear me at all. I'll try to do better next time. :(

Click to play

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

That's all folks!

Click to play

No, but seriously, if you guys are free some time next week, we should totally do this again.

AwYeah

@super_legit

@absolutezilch: I have RTX next weekend, so I guess I'm out if it's the weekend, but I'm definitely down to do it again

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@AwYeah: Cool, have fun at RTX! If you get to ask a question at the IB panel give a shout out to CHAT haha :P

I have a feeling we're the unwanted lovechild of Internet Box and Mike's going to be so embarrassed :P

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: In my time, I can't do Sunday (9th), but I can do Saturday (8th) and Monday (10th), but I will have to leave for a driving lesson at 12:30-1:30 AET on Saturday, but I have all day on Monday.

In short, here are my available times in GMT: Friday 22:00 - Saturday 3:30, Saturday 4:30 - 14:00, and Sunday 22:00 - Monday 14:00.

Also, so the sound quality is better, should we record our own audio separately on not bother?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: Cool, if enough people express interest, I'll host it next weekend as well.

I don't know about the audio thing. That sounds like way too much trouble for the attendees. If you want to do it personally though, go ahead and do it. Although, I'm not entirely sure how I would stop it from being really echo-ey and weird sounding.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: I barely noticed echoing, however me and Zac were the only hear able people in the video, but if you don't want to bother then that's ok.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: As in, if I layered other people's audio tracks over the game's audio track, then it would double over because like you said, you can hear yourselves in the video.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Next week anybody?

Zac

Sheriff

@oilfire30:Im in

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: I'm in too.

Bartek

I'm in.

Bartek

Sooooo... any specific dates?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Oh snap I forgot haha

Anyone still up for this?
  1. Saturday 15 Aug 2200 SGMT
  2. Sunday 16 Aug 2200 GMT
  3. Other (Specify in comment below)

Poll has been closed.

Bartek

I'm good for both, however if there was a possibility I'd to earlier - say 20 GMT. If it's not possible I'm good for both.

JohnStephen

I might be available for tomorrow (Saturday) depending on the time and also how long it takes. Definitely won't be available for Sunday because I got my debs (Irish version of prom/studniówka) that day.

Quick question, is this being uploaded to YouTube or anything?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@JohnStephen: It's up to the people participating in it. I will stream it to Twitch but if people don't want this archived I won't upload it to YouTube.

You must be signed in to reply.