Sign in

I forgot my password.

New IB

OrdoARC

We, the people, need to create our own IB! Someone needs to rally us! We don't need the original boxers anymore. People from the community can make our own podcast. This is where we plan that.

• -1 Lame

201 Replies

Eddie

#StopThePodcasts

M4xwell

Insanitarium

Well then.

ReservoirDog

Please no.

JiffyIube

Hello?

LOL

TenaciousTuttle

6/10 Art Guy

This will end exclusively in failure.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

It will be worse than the sadness trilogy.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

why

M4xwell

Insanitarium

#StoptheMoviesPodcastPodcastBeanyExtravaganze2.0BoogalooWithMoarCoolguyAndFruitLo0ps

OrdoARC

No, seriously. We need to get the movers and the shakers of the site to talk for an hour and convince mike to post it.

Neal

ROLF

@OrdoARC: I can see that you are obviously super new to CHAT. Many people have tried and are still failing to make a podcast. So no.

Scotty

@OrdoARC: HAHAHA the movers and shakers? We're all lazy as fuck so I would suggest locking this thread and drinking bleach because none of us are gonna make a shitty ass podcast

deadshadow

foking furry

@Neal: well madchater is still around and im sure stm could come back should they desire

mello0701

I'm done we should do it

risaxis

BANNED

lets do it.

Zackizzle

CHAT Image

• +2
ADashofRainbow

*cough* #madCHATter *cough*

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@ADashofRainbow: And NonExisticast.

Parks

Ass To Ass

No. People have tried and failed.

Neal

ROLF

@Parks: Ex: "You're not invited Podcast"

Kingnicolas6

CHAT Image

ItalianBadger

CHAT Image

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@ItalianBadger: Such a majestic creature.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

Replying to OP: In any event, your avatar is pretty great.

ColdStew

All of my posts got removed by the OVERLORD.

mlp_midnaspet

Homo-Queen*

@VoodooSoup: a filthy new.

ADashofRainbow

@Neal:best podcast

Neal

ROLF

@ADashofRainbow: That is a weird way to spell 'a terrible travesty'. I was doing Calc homework and we were all laughing at KimmyJ's weird fear after a while FBG and I were on for like another hour and a half and then Tereall yelled at me for it.

ltayl1

HAH!

Look, the original one was dubious enough. It was a pretty low standard in the first place. If it got much lower I don't know if anyone could take it.

Miser_Reborn

1. It's been done.
2. It's failed.
3. It's been done AGAIN, and AGAIN.
4. It's failed those times.
5. Nobody wants it.
6. Stop making threads about the podcast ending.
7. Mike would never post an unrelated podcast to a website designated FOR THE INTERNET BOX PODCAST.
8. No one would want Mike to post it. Why would you give someone else credit for something you've done?
9. No.

Zac

Sheriff

#NightLightPodcast

• +1
AH_Dash

Replying to OP: I agree lets do it.

ADashofRainbow

@Neal:
I don't think we even recorded the part about KimmyJ's fear

ItalianBadger

@AH_Dash:
CHAT Image

Do none of you people understand how difficult it is to actually BE entertaining?

These guys had a following before IB was a thing. WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE???

risaxis

BANNED

@ItalianBadger:im pretty good at it. Give it a shot at least.

ItalianBadger

@risaxis:

I have been watching stuff that RoosterTeeth has been producing for about 7 years. It so happened that I found out that a few of their employees, who I already enjoyed watching, had another podcast on the side. So I listened.

I don't know you. I don't really care if I'm being mean right now, but I'm really on board with this #stopthepodcasts thing. I'm feeling very salty right now.

risaxis

BANNED

@ItalianBadger:well you probably didn't know Mike either. But then you found him so if we can get one person you know on it, then people will listen and meet the rest.

risaxis

BANNED

also the ib already has a dedicated fanbase.

ItalianBadger

@risaxis: Who would that even be?? Why would they team up with anyone on here to continue the show??

How does any of this make any sense???

risaxis

BANNED

@ItalianBadger:it doesn't have to be an IB member. Since they already have a dedicated fanbase, it could be anyone. Maybe Justin or like deadshadow or any community members or it could just be funny enough and since the IB is already well known, no matter what it is people might listen. Also it might be fun. And beside's is our thing so if ou don't want to have anything to do with it, thats fine but if you want to your welcome aboard.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@risaxis: Except it will never happen since a great majority of people here are strongly against it in the first place.

risaxis

BANNED

@Chenzo:Well the goal is to have fun and also I know people in IRL who would be willing to record it. We can be original and name it something different. Like, why not? as ling as we have fun and besides, I have great editing skills so all they have to do is sit down and talk.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@risaxis:
You keep saying we can do this, we can do that, we, we, we. Stop it.

Jakelman

Replying to OP:
Im up for it :)

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@risaxis: It's good that you want to have fun with friends, but just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Like it was previously stated before, there's already been community podcasts that've tried and failed. It's no mean feat being entraining for an hour straight with 100-plus episodes.

Alakawaii

MFW this is a thread.
Click to play

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

No.

• +1
Neal

ROLF

@ADashofRainbow: We recorded our laughter at it and his hanging up about it, and that is as close as we got to being funny.

• +1
FlygonNick

CHAT ImageReplying to OP:

How about...no.

axeman210

Replying to OP:
You know what this sounds interesting and if you actually want to go through with this then i would love to be part of it so sign me up.

axeman210

@Chenzo:
i think really if you are making a podcast it shuldn't be made for the listeners but for the people making it and if people just happen to like it then good for them. at least thats how i see podcasting and clearly thats how IB saw it as well

Facepwndifull

communist

@axeman210:
they clearly didn't care about the people

Neal

ROLF

Seems to me that older users who know that podcasts can go wrong are saying no. And new people coming to CHAT now that the podcast is over are saying yes.

Miser_Reborn

hey guys
i got an idae
we should do a podcast
o okay

Miser_Reborn

@Neal: You know what they say. Experience is no guarantee of intelligence, but youth is no guarantee of innovation.

actuallythatwasaquotefromskyfalldoyouthinktheyllnotice

BritBrony

If you do this. do it elsewhere.

Facepwndifull

communist

The C-men podcast was the best one BTW

ADashofRainbow

@Facepwndifull:
10/10

Zac

Sheriff

I have no issue against podcasts, as long as its entertaining and i can listen while i work, sometimes i prefer a podcast to music

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@axeman210: And if the audience doesn't like what they're listening to? What would be the purpose of continuing a podcast if people don't listen to it? People have podcasts to entertain their listeners. It also helps if they already have an established loyal fanbase.

Internet Box had an advantage with having members from Rooster Teeth to begin with, what with them having experience. All they did was bring in people from their own community that they personally liked and went from there.

ItalianBadger

@Chenzo: Not just that, one more thing for the people of CHAT

THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ON BOARD WITH MAKING A NEW PODCAST, YOU DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER. Go ahead and make a podcast with the people you know and already have established relationships (like MadCHATter). Everyone on IB knew each other. Who would be comfortable talking to strangers for an hour?

1. The audience would be uncomfortable and not entertained
2. You yourselves would be uncomfortable and not entertained

Don't be silly...go make your podcasts just DO NOT associate them with IB because that is stupid...so stupid

Neal

ROLF

@ItalianBadger: True

mariukisss

thats a great idea ! but would mike most them on the website?

ADashofRainbow

@ItalianBadger:
full of the vin today...

you are right though this idea is terrible.

zeerock

If this is actually happening I can always edit

ItalianBadger

@ADashofRainbow: I have been all week. It's disgusting

Neal

ROLF

@zeerock: You wanna edit people that you never met talk for up to 2 hours?

ghostface

Reference

Didnt this happen and didnt it such and rupture friendships

Neal

ROLF

@ghostface: It did.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@Miser_Reborn: All I see are a bunch of yes's.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@ghostface: with Chris (shen) and Nick (Boyer).

zeerock

@Neal: Sure, it'd be fun practice

KorporalKitty

PAM

@Eddie: I see I am not needed here.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@Korporal_kitty: Mowgli doesn't get enough respect.

Zac

Sheriff

@M4xwell:ooo that was too fun! and when Chris and Charlie had the falling out! who could not want more!!1

bluemage120

anyone can start a podcast, dont hate it until you've listened. if this person wants to start a podcast, ill listen and then make a judgement

ItalianBadger

@bluemage120: will you though? will you actually listen?

zeerock

if anyone actually wants to do this message me on skype @zeerock1266

AwYeah

@super_legit

This is a terrible idea. That being said, I'm pretty sure most of CHAT would offer their services and then never listen. You could make it, they will not come.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

Something seems off here...

Zac

Sheriff

CHAT Image

aWSOMN360

Do what you want, I wont listen either way.

Shannon

Queen

Okay. Time for my obligatory wall of text:
First, welcome to CHAT, OrdoARC, I'm assuming because I don't recognize the username you are new (unless you're a once banned user - in which case you know the drill haha). CHAT as you can see, is.... rather aggressive. So be prepared for that. We ask - okay I ask but I ask on behalf of the rest whether they agree with me speaking for them or not - that you try to avoid trolling and out right attack people. Yes, I am aware that many on this forum do, in fact, do this and many may have even done so to you in this thread itself. But please be the bigger man... person... member? on the site and not (this is not saying you are, or will but just a friendly reminder to be well friendly :) )
I'm Shannon. One of the resident females on the site. Feel free to completely ignore me as if I were any other member, but I try to make friends will all CHAT users, as CHAT is more than just a community but rather a really, really dysfunctional family. haha.
As for your New IB topic:
There will never be a 'New IB'. The Internet Box Podcast was it's own, and nothing will ever replace it in full as it was special to many of us in various ways. However, if you're looking for new podcasts to listen to, there was a thread made recently where podcast recommendations were posted ( click here ). If you don't want to read the thread, than some that I would recommend is:
The Rooster Teeth Podcast, The Patch and BLTTP. These three I recommend as the first two feature the Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunter members who were on the Internet Box Podcast from time to time, as well as the BLTTP podcast as it has had Mike, Andrew, Dylon as well as Ray on them and they may be on newer episodes (not 100% sure though as I don't run the podcast).
If you're looking for a Internet Box Community podcast, then as far as I am aware, the closest you will find is the MadCHATter Podcast. As it is made up of CHAT users (or former CHAT users) and is rather enjoyable. I, myself, have been on this particular podcast twice, and may be on it again. But those are my suggestions. Again check out the thread for some more podcast options.
I hope you enjoy contributing on CHAT. I personally love this place and while it's a little rough around the edges, it's my little internet hope. :) Feel free to tweet me any questions you may have about CHAT, or just to say Hi. I promise Im friendly at least 40% of the time (I have to be, it's part of my Canadian Citizenship [just kidding {or am I?}]). haha. :)

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@Shannon: What a very professional and admiable response. I applaud you.

Shannon

Queen

@M4xwell: It's what I do.
CHAT Image

ADashofRainbow

@Shannon:
still a better mod then Mike

• +1
risaxis

BANNED

Because nobody thinks that one I'll do would be any good. I'll record one and if it's any good at all I'll make a second one and I'll stop when I make one that isn't good. But its worth a shot and besides, it would be interesting just for some of my friends and stuff to listen to and I would upload it just to make it easier for them to say, so basically, I'M DOING IT! <3

cannonofdoom

Superannuate

@risaxis:
Nobody likes you as much as you do.

Replying to OP:
CHAT Image

risaxis

BANNED

@cannonofdoom:
Click to play

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Shannon:
CHAT Image

Shannon

Queen

@cannonofdoom: I like risaxis. I don't get to talk to him aside from on CHAT but he seems cool. I'd love to talk to him outside of CHAT, and while I have loyalties to IB, if he made a podcast, if invited, I'd probably guest on one episode.

cannonofdoom

Superannuate

@risaxis:

Click to play

OrdoARC

@cannonofdoom: We care.

cannonofdoom

Superannuate

@OrdoARC:

CHAT Image

aWSOMN360

@OrdoARC: "We". I would just like to state i'm not part of any caring.

Shannon

Queen

@aWSOMN360 @cannonofdoom: You both MIND not being so mean? Try being nice. OrdoARC is new, and risaxis is one of us. You don't need to be so rude. Honestly. I'm starting to not enjoy this community. If it keepings going this route, it might be time for me to move to a new community for a different fandom and start over again.

cannonofdoom

Superannuate

@Shannon:

CHAT Image

Shannon

Queen

@cannonofdoom: no you're an asshole, who needs to shut up.

JRod365

I've lurked the chat for the past year or so every so often and all I'm going to say is if anyone makes their own podcast, like how people on the subreddit are, please don't call it anything to do with Internet Box, like Internet Box 2.0 or some IB reference. Make your own success, don't piggyback off others.

It baffles me that people actually want to make a podcast just because IB ended. Like I'm actually curious as to why. If you've always wanted to make a podcast you could have before IB ended. I may be too pessimistic but it seems like people just want to ride on the coattail of IB's success or somehow make IB live on through people who've never actually had direct involvement in the making of the podcast.

phonix321

God I must have no presence if no one remembers me on the podcast. Seriously Nick, Charlie, and Chris got remembered. Oh god remember this idea? http://internetboxpodcast.com/chat/topic.php?id=5127

You must be signed in to reply.