Sign in

I forgot my password.

Your Desktop (revisited)

ltayl1

I tried looking for the original thread but the search function sucks dick so I couldn't find the sunuvabitch.

Anyway, let's do this dance.

Laptop
CHAT Image

Desktop
CHAT Image

450 Replies

BritBrony

CHAT Image

Deleted user

@risaxis:Are you a pedophile?

BritBrony

CHAT Image

BritBrony

@BritBrony:sorry about the double post, I'm stupid.

risaxis

BANNED

@simsoy: I know a few.

phonix321

CHAT Image Mine

risaxis

BANNED

@phonix321:you should do your start screen too.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@phonix321: synthesia = solid ass game.

phonix321

@risaxis:Well it's default so your not missing much.@M4xwell:Your damn right it is. I've been using it to learn a couple new songs.

Zac

Sheriff

SHOTS FIRED!
CHAT Image

JohnStephen

@risaxis:

No. Age is not just a number, especially not for you. Maybe when you're in your thirties does age just become a number, but not at 15. The differences between the 15 and "17 or 16" as Parks said is huge. You're still going through puberty and so every year makes a huge difference. So, no. Age is not just a number. Age is a pretty defining factor in the teen years.

/rant

cannonofdoom

Superannuate

@phonix321:

Click to play

Zac

Sheriff

@JohnStephen:I disagree, although that is true for some people (others keep the teen mentality ie: x-Ray into their 20's). Also the difference between lets say 13-17 is not as huge from one to another. It depends how a person handles themselves, also depends how adults act/treat that individual. If adults treat that person like a child (what all of you are doing) they will continue to act childish.
The difference in age can change drastically if all of the sudden huge responsibility and expectations are thrust upon that person.
If you grow through your childhood with added responsibility nothing will really change besides appearances and opinions.

• +1
TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Zac:
Hey, calm down over there, I'm not 20 yet. But, man, time sure flies.

LV_Wizard

Lord_Haiku

@TheXRayFactor:CHAT Image

Zac

Sheriff

@TheXRayFactor:confirmed my point even more and yeah it does i cant believe its almost March!

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@Zac: Aren't you 14?

LV_Wizard

Lord_Haiku

@Zac: I turn 17 in March, you?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@phonix321: Yeah, found another Source player!

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Zac:
Yeah, fucking crazy shit. I still remember my first day on university as if it was yesterday, but then I realize I'm already in my third year (not that I have accomplished anything yet, of course). It really does make you wonder.

Zac

Sheriff

@SpongeyGString:im 15

Zac

Sheriff

@LV_Wizard:16 in july :b

LV_Wizard

Lord_Haiku

@Zac: Oh, why did you say it's almost March?

Zac

Sheriff

@TheXRayFactor:Did you start school early? normally the 1st year of college is typically when someone is 18 y/o. If you're not 20 but in your 3rd year of uni, were you in accelerated classed in high school?

Zac

Sheriff

@LV_Wizard:ahh. I meant that it has almost been 3 months since the beginning of the year and it feels like it started yesterday.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@LV_Wizard:
Is this what the scholars would define as a joshing?

JohnStephen

@Zac:
All I'm saying is that there's going to be vast changes in a person's personality between the years 12-18, then maybe slower changes further along. It's just part of life. Hell, next year I'll probably be pretty different because I'm still young as fuck (especially with the intervention of alcohol, but that's beside the point). Then you have the whole school situation where for the most part you are only with members of your own age group. That means that whatever most people that age are like others will see it as the social norm and adapt to that, resulting in most people that age being pretty similar mentally with that differing from country to country (an American 14 year old is way different than a French 14 year old, for example).

risaxis

BANNED

@JohnStephen:for some people but different people have different maturity rates and besides some people are empaths (me) and are full of wisdom and helpfulness so it doesnt really matter by age in this particular subject, but yes you are right and I agree with you. I have a long way to go and ill grow and mature more and more. I dont know if I back the whole different country thing but I see your point and your absolutely right.

Alacaie

CHAT Image

Zac

Sheriff

@JohnStephen:I disagree, you say that a teenager differs from country to country not region to region. That's so not true. I have lived 4 states across the country and not all teenagers are the same. There are different views, upbringings and opinions, and that reverts to the parents. How they raised the child and what experiences the teenager has gone through.
There are additions to life such as sex, alcohol, money, jobs, and schooling that impact a persons life but if those are not all introduced at once you would not find a person to change much on a month to month or year to year basis. If information is not kept hidden from a person they will still have the same ideals and opinions that they always have.
For example if a teenager has gone to private school or home schooled and suddenly placed into public school they would have a huge difference of opinion than a person who was raised on public school, because the teen added to public school will need to fit in and change them selves to be accepted by the majority while the teenager already in public school will already have friends and have the ability to change more drastically while knowing they will keep their friendships.

Zac

Sheriff

@Alacaie:Not quite yet but nice gif

Eddie

I don't feel like reading all of this argument. But the 6th grade me, the 9th grade me, and the current me are pretty much completely different people.

Shannon

Queen

CHAT Image

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@Shannon: Thank you for putting the thread back on track Shannon.

Zac

Sheriff

@Eddie:hmmm I didn't consider the transition between Elementary, High school and College. You might have a point

cannonofdoom

Superannuate

@risaxis:

Only fifteen year olds think they're wise when they're fifteen. I did too. Then I turned 26 and realized I was a complete idiot until about 23.

You are not the exception.

risaxis

BANNED

@cannonofdoom:older people and psychologists have told me I was. So there goes your point and no im not an exception, there are many exceptions. We feel other peoples pain and we learn from it over time.

Zac

Sheriff

@risaxis:No.. There are not ANY exceptions. How long ago was it that we couldn't ever dress ourselves? We are not wise, we create the illusion of intelligence from experience.

risaxis

BANNED

@Zac:there are many youths that are wise. Denying it is actually pretty dumb. Even professionals will agree that there are many who are just mature and almost all empaths pick up somethings from all the things they feel, they realize things about the world.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@Shannon: solid octavia.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@risaxis:
You should learn to read (quick tip for you, I'm not saying you don't know how to read, I'm saying you lack reading comprehension) before claiming to be 'full of wisdom'.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Zac:
Please enlighten me how exactly saying people differ from country to country implies there is no difference throughout different regions of the same country

@Redblood801:
But that's no fun.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@TheXRayFactor: I'm the fun police. I hate fun.

risaxis

BANNED

@TheXRayFactor:im not an exception, there are exceptions, im just not one.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Redblood801:
It's good to have some fun every now and then. It's so bloody awful that it makes the real good things more worthwhile.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@risaxis:
Well, decide for once what the fuck you are saying. First you claim to be wise, then you say "yes, I'm wise, other people have told me that so shut up", and now you say there are exceptions to 'no teenager is wise', even though you are not one.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

This is still a conversation? Bloody hell.

Zac

Sheriff

@risaxis:Picking up things is called learning, and just because you think you know all there is to know and have the inability to see past it does not mean you are wise, smart, intelligent, empathetic or mature

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@M4xwell:
Well, you see, I've been lacking in the pointless discussions department lately.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@TheXRayFactor: I'll allow it.

risaxis

BANNED

@TheXRayFactor:I think im normal and not wise, but ive been told I am. I dont think I am, and I think widom is not nessecarilly age, but its the stuff you excperience. someone who lives in a war will have more experience then someone living sheltered in a city.

Zac

Sheriff

@TheXRayFactor:If you live in L.A. you would have experienced different things and have different goals compared to someone raised in Maine, or Minnesota, or Washington, or Mississippi

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@risaxis:
Yeah, no shit A is not necessarily B but A itself.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Zac:
Feel free to reread the question and actually answer it.

Zac

Sheriff

@risaxis:They wouldn't have more experience hearsay they would have a different experience.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

I have no idea what's going on in this thread anymore...

Zac

Sheriff

@TheXRayFactor:WELP! Reddit wrong

phonix321

@cannonofdoom: Yor

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Redblood801:
I can explain it for you if you want.

For the promotional price of mere 100 gems.

Zac

Sheriff

@Redblood801:I dont know what im arguing about anymore, Risaxis is arguing that teenagers are exceptionally intellegent and XRAY is saying we should read more

Zac

Sheriff

@TheXRayFactor:Dammit! should have asked for gems!

risaxis

BANNED

@Zac:yeah but they have dealt with more and seen more while the other is sheltered and unexposed.

risaxis

BANNED

@Zac:some are. My opinion doesnt matter anyways so if you want to do some research.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Zac:
I'm not exactly saying you should read more (which you should, but that's not the point). I'm saying he should try to make sense of what other people are writing before trying to comment.

risaxis

BANNED

@TheXRayFactor:I agree with you and I am making sense of it and I understand. we are saying the same thing, only differently.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@risaxis:
No, we are not. You are saying there are wise teenagers, I'm saying there aren't. Wisdom and "smartness" (is that even a term?) are not synonyms.

Zac

Sheriff

@TheXRayFactor:Have you read the Demon King? it was surprisingly good. Also if people tried reading comments before replying what would become of this website?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Dropping some weissdom CHAT Image

risaxis

BANNED

@TheXRayFactor:alright then we are not agreeing but you have to understand, there are some smart ones. Some are really intelligent and have changed the way things currently are. If you want I could show you some examples.

Zac

Sheriff

@risaxis:Yeah i get that, but they would also have lost the knowledge the other gained. Thats why most home schooled kids travel to exotic places so they would not lose knowledge.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Zac:
Never heard of it, so I'll go ahead and say I haven't. I've been way too much into the sci-fi classics those past months, now I'm trying to go through some sweet Saramago. Damn, he's great.

Zac

Sheriff

@risaxis:U hear about that 3 y/o that was accepted to mensa? sounds like bullshit but she would be a great example of exceptional teenager when she grows up.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@risaxis:
I don't think anyone here doubts there are/have been indeed some young geniuses.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@absolutezilch:
You should feel embarrassed.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@TheXRayFactor: Y0L0

Zac

Sheriff

@TheXRayFactor:its about wizards not huge into fantasy but i enjoyed it. Whats ur fav by saramago, iv only read blindness

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Zac:
I never really understood that whole Mensa thing. I know a guy who was accepted there and, holy shit, their standards must have been really low at that time.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Zac:
I've only read Death with Interruptions (the person who translated the title that way should be public executed) so far. I really want to read Essay on Blindness, but I'm waiting to get a hold of the sequel so I can read them back to back.

Zac

Sheriff

@TheXRayFactor:Best way to do it

risaxis

BANNED

im suprised at my lack of death threats.

JohnStephen

@TheXRayFactor:
@Zac:
Did you two just derail a derailment?

Zac

Sheriff

@JohnStephen:FUCK YEAH I DID! It worked perfectly!

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@JohnStephen:
Possibly.

cannonofdoom

Superannuate

@risaxis:

"Wisdom is the daughter of experience." ~ Leonardo da Vinci

"It is easier to be wise for others than for oneself." ~ La Rochefoucauld

"Wisdom comes by disillusionment." ~ George Santayana

"In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it—thou art a fool." ~ Lord Chesterfield

"The strongest symptom of wisdom in man is his being sensible of his own follies." ~ François de la Rochefoucauld

"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

"The wise know too well their weakness to assume infallibility; and he who knows most knows best how little he knows." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"The wisest man is he who does not believe he is wise." ~ Unknown

"The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance." ~ Benjamin Franklin

"A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance." ~ Gian Carlo Menotti

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

"The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting; by doubting we come to the question, and by seeking we may come upon the truth." ~ Pierre Abelard

"Cleverness is not wisdom." ~ Euripides

"An ounce of wisdom is worth a pound of wit." ~ Thomas Fuller

"There is a difference between happiness and wisdom: he that thinks himself the happiest man is really so, but he that thinks himself the wisest is generally the greatest fool." ~ Francis Bacon

"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf." ~ Walter Lippman

"Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd have preferred to talk." ~ Doug Larson

"Wisdom is not wisdom when it is derived from books alone." ~ Horace

"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it." ~ Albert Einstein

"There is not one wise man in twenty that will praise himself." ~ William Shakespeare

"He who devotes sixteen hours a day to hard study may become at sixty as wise as he thought himself at twenty." ~Mary Wilson Little

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." ~William Shakespeare

Eddie

@cannonofdoom:
no man I don't think you understand. older people and psychologists told him he was wise.

• +1
ltayl1

Welp. Thread successfully derailed.

Miser_Reborn

@risaxis: Sure, but maturity and intelligence sure as hell aren't.

Eddie

CHAT Image
Better Picture of just the main monitor

Alacaie

My new desktop image, and update of sorts.
Huh. We can’t seem to load this image.

ADashofRainbow

wisdom isn't about age, it's about how many points you dump into wisdom and if you can roll high enough for the stat check.

LV_Wizard

Lord_Haiku

@absolutezilch: Were you proud of that Weiss joke you made, you punny son of a bitch?

Parks

Ass To Ass

Wow.... this thread changed when I was out today......

Insanity_Trials

Whisper Kick

CHAT Image

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@LV_Wizard: Absolutely.

Kamiryn

CHAT Image

Kamiryn

Oops.

CHAT Image

• +1
risaxis

BANNED

@Nyrimak:you should do your start menu too.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

I did in fact change mine, as I said I would.
CHAT Image

Kamiryn

@risaxis:

CHAT Image

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@SpongeyGString:
You should definitely use a blank wallpaper.

Get it?

You must be signed in to reply.