50 Replies

Mike

OVERLORD

Why?

redshankinvento

BANNED

Replying to OP:CHAT Image

GarrettRainboom

@Mike: It seems to take advantage and make fun of nerd culture as well as having mediocre writers.

MLP_JoshF

@GarrettRainboom: I don't know about the whole "taking advantage and making fun of nerd culture" thing, but I've always felt the show had pretty bad writing which always stuck out to me.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

It's OK as a show, but some characters get from a tad to very annoying at times.

cannonofdoom

Superannuate

I enjoy it. It's different enough from the normal pop culture fare and the writing, while not amazing or spectacular, is good enough to make me chuckle. I especially enjoy the odd actual inside baseball science jokes they toss in.

Not the best show in the world, but far from lacking any redeeming qualities.

Plus: eye candy

CHAT Image
CHAT Image

GarrettRainboom

@cannonofdoom: I can't argue with the eye candy part lol dem titties

forcep

BANNED

It's ok, at least they aren't calling us a bunch of neck beards

ColdStew

All of my posts got removed by the OVERLORD.

Deleted user

@Mike:

I think it's a meh sitcom where the laugh track annoys me, but that's just because I think shows with laugh tracks cop out of having to have pacing

(Drake and Josh is kind of meh too! Take that!)

I think the reason most people seem to dislike it so much is that it's a show for people who know nerdy people rather than for nerds themselves. I think some feel it's just putting nerdy stereotypes on a pedistal and telling others to laugh at certain aspects of them.

They promised to watch Firefly every week for forever and then it gets canceled and they keep doing it anyway? Such a nerdy thing to do

(laugh track)

Stuff like that seems to really bother people. It doesn't bother me because it's a sitcom and they all are kind of dumb.

redshankinvento

BANNED

@MadBadCoyote:CHAT Image

Deleted user

@D4haka97:
Yup. Kind of dumb

redshankinvento

BANNED

@MadBadCoyote:CHAT ImageYou don't call the Fresh Prince kind of dumb

Deleted user

@D4haka97:
Don't get me wrong, I like that show. Still kind of dumb

redshankinvento

BANNED

@MadBadCoyote:The only sitcom I like
Too bad Will Smith isn't always a good actor or in good movies. And too bad Jayden was born

ragecute

CHAT Image@Mike:

• +1
redshankinvento

BANNED

@yeshomo:You mean 32? try again ya bik

I'm certainly no comedic genius, but somehow i always know the punch line well before it comes with this show. The jokes don't quite flow naturally, i think they put in a little bit too much setup for each joke, which makes them easier to predict.

• +1
redshankinvento

BANNED

@1:Like Sheldon saying Bazinga every two seconds in a ballpit for about 7 hours?

• +1
Savis117

Meat-Spinner

@Mike: When will I understand the rating system. I am pretty sure the fluttershy cutie mark is like an upvote. But i dont want to risk it

Savis117

Meat-Spinner

@D4haka97: Plot twist, it was a giant practical joke by the writers taking millions of dollars and wasted hours.

WeenMachine

I really don't like the show. The jokes are dumb, in my opinion. You guys should hear it without the laugh track lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs

redshankinvento

BANNED

Click to playAnd here is the embedded version for all of you who are lazy.

redshankinvento

BANNED

@Savis117:Why? do you doubt that he hates Applejack enough to make ehr cutiemark a downvote?

redshankinvento

BANNED

@D4haka97:I'm a retard, I forgot about Friends

redshankinvento

BANNED

And you are right about the pacing it's fucking horrible. Why not make a sitcom without using a laughtrack to make it seem like it's funny

ReservoirDog

Couldn't agree more, I dislike most sitcoms.

Miser_Reborn

Honestly, I don't mind it. A laugh track does not detract from the entirety of the show. Sure, the writing isn't the greatest, but it's tolerable. At the very least, they seem to try.

redshankinvento

BANNED

@Miser_Reborn:Laugh tracks themselves are annoying and make me hate anything. Th eonly exception is The Fresh Prince for a bit

Parks

Ass To Ass

I think the show's unfunny. And I think the "target audience" of the show hates it.

cannonofdoom

Superannuate

@Parks:

Nope, the target audience loves it. That's why it's so very popular. You seem to be under the impression that it's targeted at hipsters and "nerds" who are so up their own asses about being "real" nerds that the "false nerdiness" of the show offends them. That's not the target audience. The target audience is 18-45 year olds who played Nintendo and maybe read a couple comic books when they were kids and now have a steady job and nothing to do on Thursday nights.

ADashofRainbow

I think it's ok. I hate the fans more than anything else because in my school the main group of people who like the show are dumb popular bitches and they think they're all "nerdy" for watching it.

GarrettRainboom

@ReservoirDog: The only good sitcoms in my view are Seinfeld, Fresh Prince, and sometimes Friends

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: "Drake and Josh is kind of meh too! Take that!"

That's just going too far, man...

cannonofdoom

Superannuate

@GarrettRainboom:

Pfft. Hipster.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@cannonofdoom: Yeah you right.

WeenMachine

@Miser_Reborn: I just think it's lazy. They replace good punchlines with that same person laughing over and over again. It drives me nuts. But, that's just me. :L

redshankinvento

BANNED

@MLP_JoshF:http://nick.mtvnimages.com/nick-assets/video/images/drake-josh/Dance-Contest-2.jpg?format=jpeg&matteColor=white

redshankinvento

BANNED

FUUUUUUCK
CHAT ImageHere's another one

redshankinvento

BANNED

Just look at them, how evil do you have to be to say that they're bad

mlp_midnaspet

Homo-Queen*

The big bang theory is bad, It exploits the nerd/geek comunity and honestly, If you think (and I have met people like this) that you are a geek/nerd for watching it then the bleach is right over there. Need a glass? here ya go.

Christopher

Click to play

Miser_Reborn

@GarrettRainboom: Someone hasn't seen The Office, Malcolm in the Middle, or Arrested Development.

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@Miser_Reborn: How is Arrested Development a sitcom?

M4xwell

Insanitarium

If you want pure smart humor, watch invader zim (or
Home movies if you prefer dry/smart)

redshankinvento

BANNED

@M4xwell:CHAT Image

masterofxen

Dick Fiddler

I enjoy the big bang theory i mean it is better than some shows. I'm not pointing any fingers CHAT Image

GarrettRainboom

@Miser_Reborn: My most sincere apologies, I knew I was forgetting a few but jesus how could I forget Arrested dev and Malcom....I'm a little disappointed in myself

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@cannonofdoom: That actually is a spot on analysis I think. I think the reason a lot of people don't like the show is the lazy humor; it's a joke-writing machine that churns one-liners and sacrifices quality for quantity. Besides that, people are bitter because of the lack of realism in that show. Everyone looks so pretty and polished.
That being said, the show has one of the best disembodied voice characters. i wish Howard's mom was in more stuff...

You must be signed in to reply.