CHAT Image
CHAT Image

JiffyLoob

@Captain_Chaos:
CHAT Image

Bello6

I played sonic cd recently twas an alright game

JiffyLoob

I bought Sonic Generations about a month ago but still haven't played it.

aldude3

Sanich is a fun gam

RIP_Krog

.exe

aldude3

aWSOMN360

@shamanowl: Man, what an extremely generic creepypata.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

Shout out to the Butterfinger Blast.
CHAT Image

Zackizzle

New Sonic Game
Click to play
I hope they bring back Iblis and Mephiles. #BestVilliansofAllTime

aldude

SP00PY

Click to play

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

Click to play

deadshadow

foking furry

so that's why everyone has been talking about sonic lately

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@TheXRayFactor: their best song.

risaxis

BANNED

CHAT Image

ADashofRainbow

@risaxis:
Amy and tails look ok but...

risaxis

BANNED

@ADashofRainbow:yeah and sonic doesnt look TOO terrible, but knuckles. Just why? Also I'm afraid of what shadow will look like if they reintroduce him later in the show/game.

risaxis

BANNED

@Parks:the last one killed me.
CHAT Image

LaughingMan9

Here's a fun game.

Go to deviantart, type in your first name followed by 'the hedgehog', then cringe.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@LaughingMan9: or just write 'sonichu'

risaxis

BANNED

CHAT Image

LaughingMan9

@risaxis: jaden the hedgehog?

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@LaughingMan9: It's a Kuriboh.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@risaxis: That Furry shit.

risaxis

BANNED

I searched jaden the hedgehog

ReservoirDog

Click to play

M4xwell

Insanitarium

CHAT Image

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@M4xwell: Although now it looks like this.
CHAT Image

phonix321

CHAT ImageClick to play

Jakalarf

@risaxis: not a big fan of the character designs in that game, tails and amy look fine, but sonic looks like hes trying to cosplay as Nathan Drake, and knuckles looks like he is on steroids.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@Zackizzle: No Coldsteel, no thanks.

aldude

SP00PY

@ReservoirDog: I love vinesauce!

Pat_RedHawk

CHAT Image

Zackizzle

Wow, Sonic Boom shit the bed.

Mike

OVERLORD

@Zackizzle:
I don't understand why they just don't make good games.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Mike: Coming from game-making experience (my current traineeship) I know that it's not that simple. A year and a half to make a game isn't a very long time at all. The game may be made within a year and a half, but bug testing takes a surprisingly long time, which is where sonic boom and 06 both failed.

Making other people playtest is a good way for the programmers to tell if there's a bug in a game, while also working at the same time. With the playtesting experience I've had, it mainly involves programmers giving a test build to the playtesters, the playtesters provide feedback like possible improvements and bugs/glitches, the programmers fix that stuff and finnally repeat the process until the game is polished and ready to sell.

However sega must've not given the programmers enough time to repeat the process and hence the programmers were given very little information on what to fix, meaning that the programmers just had to hope the games would be bugless. Because of them not being able to get more playtesting, a lot of the bugs were never fixed when the games were released which is why the games sucked.

Zackizzle

@Mike: Because they prolly don't give a shit.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Zackizzle: That's also possible, however it does give the company (sega in this instance) a bad reputation, and you know gamers don't forget, they never do.

AwYeah

@super_legit

CHAT Image

AwYeah

@super_legit

@oilfire30: you would figure they'd already be aware of their bad reputation, seeing as how sonic has only been in 3 not too shit games in the last two years, and two of those were made by Nintendo. I forget which episode it was, but in some Game Grumps play through, they mention that one of the testers got in touch with them, and that they had noted all the bugs they could, but they just didn't get fixed.
To sum up this thread, though, courtesy of Penny Arcade:

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@AwYeah: It really sucks when a game has a due date. I found a video explainging about an interview about Fallout 4 and how the main reason it's taken so long is because Bethesda gives them as much time as they need for their projects, which now that I think about it is why Bethesda games (the little that I have which were Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and skyrim) are so amazing.

Here it is for referance: Click to play

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Sega should defunct and transfer all their resources to Atlus and PlatinumGames. They still would not sell games like gangbusters but maybe it would be for the best.

AwYeah

@super_legit

@oilfire30: Due dates are not necessarily a bad thing. Without and end in sight, you can keep justifying changes and updates and delays, until eventually everything is muddled and confused. The most extreme example off the top of my head is probably Daikatana, but a date it needs to be done by gives it efficiency and a certain clarity

B0r1ng

@oilfire30: To be fair, bugs and glitches weren't the first or last of 06's Sonic's problems. Right from the start, the gameplay and controls felt so loose and unrestrained that the game might not have been that fun to play even without the glitches. In that sense, the game was doomed to suck from the very beginning. Sure, ample time could have helped, but one can only wonder how much if the entirety of the game was pretty bad in several aspects.

As for the time thing, the truth is that most big budget games are projects with a due date. They are products and the people working on them should be expected to meet their deadlines.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@B0r1ng: In terms of times, you're right about that, however the games aren't always good and at their best condition if due dates are set. In my opinion, for franchises with similar/recuring game mechanics (like Call of duty, the Pokemon franchise, Assassins creed, ect), due dates are OK as the companies know what they're doing and understand how just changing a few things and increasing the quality can give them good reviews and a good game.

However where sonic 06 and sonic boom failed is understanding that this effect only works for recuring games, with the 2 of them being new and creative. New and creative is a good thing, however it needs time to be executed correctly. With a heavy focus on story in 06 and puzzle mechanics for boom, they were both new things that with more time could've been well programed.
It's all a matter of video game companies being too over-ambitious.

B0r1ng

@oilfire30: Can't really speak for Sonic Boom since I abandoned following news on that game when it started to look annoying.

That said, 06 Sonic is anything but new and creative. At one point it was planned to be called Sonic Adventure 3, and it really seems similar to a Sonic Adventure game. So putting Sonic in a narrative-heavy game isn't all that new or creative. If I can remember, that game was also supposed to feature a realistic day and night cycle and the final product doesn't seem that much more polished than in the demo the feature was shown in. So I'm going to assume that the problem with this game must have come down to resources, either by having the development team being scaled back or the budgeting for it being decreased.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@oilfire30: That's one of the reasons Rockstar and 2K games are mostly great. Take Two's learned from Bioshock 2 to not crank out anualized bullshit.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

Click to play

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Parks: Don't forget Bethesda, they've made some of the very few mature first person games I have. I have never played a rockstar game (but from what I've seen, they look really good with GTA5 as an example). With 2K having the game with my longest recorded game hours (almost 420 hours, not joking) being Borderlands 2, which is probably my favourite game with crash bash being a close second. They are 2 very good examples of how time, as said by Andrew Blanchard, can make games "Age like a fine wine".

Parks

Ass To Ass

@oilfire30: Damn, did you max out every Character?

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

@oilfire30: Pssssht, Borderlands 2 sucks.

I didn't play through the campaign with a friend four times *cough*

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: Me neither.
@Parks: Maxed 1 when the level cap was 61.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: I like how your avatar is Zer0 from borderlands 2.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@absolutezilch: CHAT Image

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@TheXRayFactor:
@TheXRayFactor:

Well that's awkward.

Jade

Piece of cake!

Jade

Piece of cake!

Jade

Piece of cake!

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

LoL
Click to play
EDIT: I managed to ROLF the video... I'm proud of myself.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@LaughingMan9: I found this one:

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@oilfire30: Just realised how badly they fucked up the trailer, Sticks is the new playable character in this game even though they said amy was.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Zackizzle: so many memes.

deadshadow

foking furry

so much autism

• +1
Jakalarf

CHAT Image

Zackizzle

Click to play

Knuckles?
  1. Knuckles
  2. Knuckles?
  3. KNUCKLES!!!
My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Shoutout to the sonic twitter sharing egoraptors picture.

deadshadow

foking furry

@oilfire30: the sonic twitter is great

DrunkTankPodcas

CHAT Image

Parks

Ass To Ass

@DrunkTankPodcas: The first time I saw the trailer, the logo immediately reminded me of The Saboteur.
CHAT Image

Jade

I've really been enjoying Sonic Mania. I think Forces will be eh and just like another sonic generations esc game with no real story or cannon. Sonic Mania is a game I'll always come back to.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@Jade: I haven't played Mania yet, but I really like all the pixel art and that amazing intro video.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@Parks: WELP
CHAT Image

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@Parks: lmao, Pandemic

Parks

Ass To Ass

@oilfire30: RIP, never forget!!!

My_nama_Jeff

Oil