Sign in

I forgot my password.

Spirit Airlines

ItalianBadger

IS THE WORST FUCKING AIRLINE IN THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD....

This Friday at 6am my cousin and I were about to embark on a short journey to Minnesota via plane originally scheduled for a 8:30 departure to attend our friend's wedding. We arrive at the airport, chipper as can be, and as we are checking in the lovely lady at the front desk mumbles,

"Your flight has been delayed to 12"

EXCUSE ME??? YOU DON'T THINK TO EMAIL OR TEXT YOUR PASSENGERS THAT THERE IS A 4 HOUR DELAY FOR AN HOUR LONG TRIP??????? SERIOUSLY?

We don't leave Chicago until 12:50 pm.

We were stuck in O'Hare for 4 extra hours, missed our ride to the wedding which is 2hrs and 30 minutes out of Minneapolis. We have to rent a car, an expense we did not have plans to pay for. We had arrived at the airport at around 2:30, we had to run to another terminal to rent our car since this was poorly planned. We left the airport by 4.

We then hit both rush hour and construction, making a 2hr and 30 min drive from Minneapolis to the wedding a 4 hour drive instead. We missed the ceremony and the food. HOWEVER, it was on of the best parties of my life and I enjoyed every second I spent with all my friends. Beautiful wedding.

So today we went to return back to Chicago. Everything went PERFECTLY SMOOTHLY, we were kind of feeling a little bit better about Spirit. We got to baggage claim....my bag was not there. It was left in Minnesota.

I'm writing this little rant not only because I am so angry and exhausted and need to do it, but to warn you all about taking Spirit Airlines.

You get what you pay for. It is cheap, but you will suffer from terrible customer service. It is unreliable and they almost ruined a very special day for my cousin and I.

Good Night.
CHAT Image

12 Replies

LaughingMan9

CHAT Image

KorporalKitty

PAM

CHAT Image.

deadshadow

foking furry

Never heard of that airline before but it sounds like shit

Replying to OP: At least the party was good right? The ceremony would have just been tedious and uneventful... right?

I had a similar experience with the budget airline Jetstar last year. Some friends and I were flying to Melbourne to watch the Australian Open tennis for a few days. On the way there our flight was cancelled. Of course without any kind of notice from the airline. So we missed a few hours waiting for the next flight, which isn't too bad. On the way back we were delayed by 3 hours, making us late for a party. My friend was hosting the party. He was late for his own party! It was only a 45 minute flight too. I don't understand how some airlines can be so useless!

We didn't get a good result in the end either. We were at the party for about an hour when a fight broke out and about 40 police showed up, including a dozen in full riot gear! So there was no happy ending for this story.

ItalianBadger

Thanks everyone, I'm just warning you all now so that your future air travels will be much smoother and less stressful.

@1: That is the only thing that kept my sanity was that wedding. It sucks that affordable airlines will get you absolutely nowhere. After this year air travel won't be as much of a hassle because I'll be making some kind of salary somewhere, but it was just incredibly disheartening.

I'm sorry about what happend with your party! That sounds absolutely terrifying. How bad could that fight have been to have cause for riot shields!

Just found out now that my bag won't be here until tomorrow now. Fantastic. No contacts or makeup for 3 days since I'll be in Madison and not home.

aWSOMN360

I think using any service with the word spirit in it is just a bad idea in general.

JohnStephen

Sounds like Ryanair.

KorporalKitty

PAM

@JohnStephen:A pound to piss

@italianbadger: Not having money just makes life horrible. Nothing ever works! If you had money I would suggest you just buy some makeup, but I guess that's not an option. The fight was not big, it was pretty hilarious over reaction by the police. I literally just walked right past the riot police and they didn't seem to mind. All the little punks fighting each other got so scared when the police appeared that they dispersed immediately. I suppose the stories happy ending was that it was pretty funny in the end!

ItalianBadger

@1: Exactly, all of this will be funny someday. Honestly, it will be an awesome wedding story. We are going to frame our boarding passes and give them to the bride and groom as part of a present lol. My sister thankfully had extra makeup so I'll be okay....I just hate wearing my glasses.

@italianbadger: Does everyone look at you and say "What! Since when do you wear glasses?" Then you'll have to explain yourself over and over to everyone... It doesn't sound too traumatic! Most of the time glasses are so stylised these days I think they end up just making girls look cuter

ItalianBadger

@1: My little cousin was the only one confused lol, I've worn them before, but I hate how they fog and do dumb stuff like that...oh well. I at least like the look of mine, I've had shitty wire ones before

You must be signed in to reply.