Sign in

I forgot my password.

Geoff+Gavin fuck up or Barbaras fuck up?

yeayeayeanoice

Gavin+Geoff "Connect the Hots"
http://roosterteeth.com/members/journal/entry.php?id=3037126
Barbara "Best Community Manager ever"
http://rtxevent.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=2238203&sort=modTotal

Which were the biggest fuck up by RoosterTeeth

71 Replies

Neither really matter, but Barbara's fuck up is a bit more deserving of the reaction it received.

LaughingMan9

Both are completely irrelevant to the content they produce

yeayeayeanoice

@LaughingMan9:

Hey dumbfuck it happened during their jobs.

KorporalKitty

PAM

@yeayeayeanoice:still did not change the content they produced you "dumfuck"

QueenNoah

What was Geoff and Gavins fuck up? The Let's Build Portal House?

KorporalKitty

PAM

@QueenNoah:its the whole follow women in "connect the hots"

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

It really doesn't matter, does it?
CHAT Image

QueenNoah

@Korporal_kitty: Oh ok, I didn't catch that the first time. While that was probably the most "on the nose" thing they've really said, I couldn't see how someone could have gotten offended, but I'm not a woman, and I haven't been followed before, so I can see where the people are coming from.

LaughingMan9

@yeayeayeanoice: So Christian Bale's rant at the lights guy on the set of Terminator had an inherent and profound effect on the final cut of the film?

No? Oh well okay then.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

I hate that whole politically correct thing. They did the joke and had the opportunity to not upload it (after all, it isn't raw footage, so they must have watched it again at least once), so there is no point to be such a baby and take the video down.

And that's enough rant for today.

QueenNoah

CHAT Image

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@QueenNoah: Hahahahahahaa....

Like others has stated before, neither really matter and do not reflect the views of Rooster Teeth and/or Achievement Hunter in way, but I do feel that Barbara's mistake was worse than the "Connect the Hotties" predicament. Maybe it is because most of my family are veterans or are currently serving and found her initial response disrespectful and harsh. Also, she did not handle the issue professionally the first time around.
Although I don't agree with the reasoning behind taking the video down because of some people were offended, I do believe Geoff (and those involved) handled professionally and was right for doing so. I am a woman and was not offended at all, but I've never been vulnerable like that before, so I do understand why some where uncomfortable with the whole issue.
Anyways, it's all water under the bridge now and in the end it was handled well.

KorporalKitty

PAM

why do people not make accounts it makes me think that it's just some one with an account backing them self up

sims3k

I really dont get why Geoff and Gavin got blasted for a joke so small.

LaughingMan9

Both are cases of a small minority giving too much of a fuck.

ghostface

Reference

Sort of related, this is my new favourite subreddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/?count=25

Barbara really did not handle that well at all. Her responses showed a clear immaturity and unprofessionalism, and highlighted everything that is wrong with the internet. I'm sure RoosterTeeth strive to be better than that. I am honestly surprised she did not lose her job over that. Geoff and Gavin have been overly sensitive and professional by taking down their video, so Barbara's is certainly the bigger mistake.

LaughingMan9

@1: Can you clarify what exactly the shitstorm was? I read that post and the only thing I got out of it was someone may or may not have lied about something and suddenly everyone was an expert on desert warfare.

@LaughingMan9: What I took away from that post that the OP linked was that the real issue was how Barbara responded to the issue. "It's not affecting anyone, no one lost money or gave money to him" is such an ignorant, petulant response. She's basically saying (accidentally) money is more important than the honour of the service given by members of the armed forces. Obviously she didn't mean that, but why respond with something so combative in the first place? Why not simply thank him for his concern and forget about it? She was childish

LaughingMan9

@1: Seems like a situation where people will find something to be offended about

@LaughingMan9: Most situations seem like that to me. But having never served I can't be confident this is one of those times.

If you mean that instead of just thinking to himself barbara doesn't understand what it is like to be a veteran he instead thought barbara said something that offends me, she must hate veterans! then yes you're right. And this situation basically applies to every story in the news about a politician or famous person saying something racist/sexist.

LaughingMan9

@1: Fuckin Canadians

ItalianBadger

@LaughingMan9: The issue with her response is that it wasn't professional. It was like responding to a post in a forum like us. While no one enjoys cookie cutter responses from companies, they are professional. RoosterTeeth is a company and she represents them. She just has to be more careful next time is all.

LaughingMan9

@italianbadger: That was another question I had, whether it was a comment on someone's profile or one of those public posts on their front page. World of difference depending.

ItalianBadger

@LaughingMan9: Idk, those screenshots could have been of emails? But she responded to the journal...if that was a journal...with a longer response.

LaughingMan9

@italianbadger: Who knows, it was all a year ago anyway. I'm cutting her a lot of slack because she's our age and clearly I wouldn't handle my response any different.

ItalianBadger

@LaughingMan9: Yeah you right. Nah neither of these situations should matter. We for the most part all love RT. As long as they keep producing stuff we love.

@italianbadger: In the end it was just babs being babs. And babs is a silly canadian girl who spends too much time on the internet. We love her for it. But the people on the RT community are usually pretty self-righteous, and that's why the real people are over here on IB.

Can we call her babs now?

bigteddybear93

no one cares

ItalianBadger

@1: That's how I feel about the RT site lol. Some good people there, but can't really participate all that much...idk.

Babs if fine in my book. Why not?

LaughingMan9

@1: Their forums really friggin suck.

aimiami

Was Barbara's really a fuck up? And I dont think any of these are really a big deal to be honest.

Neal

ROLF

Both were not "fuck ups" Just jokes people took way too seriously. If everybody could remember that this is the internet and shit doesn't get censored very much unlike other media then it would all be fine.

aimiami

I never actually read that whole veteran thing... to be fair a lot of people pretend like they are in the army and make up BS stories which is just disrespectful and dumb.
(Sorry for the double post)

Bio

I honestly don't care about either one. One was a joke i found funny at first, since it was obviously a joke, and think people are over reacting. The second is people on the internet not letting things go and raging like idiots until someone takes something the wrong way and makes it ten times worse.

Basically, Internet people took shit way to seriously, like they usually do, and Roosterteeth was forced to do damage control.

Sputnik_15

Why people actually care and were offended by connect the hots is pathetic. I hope they die a horrible death.

GarrettRainboom

The who reason why connect the hots got shit is because, unlike men, women are constantly on the "beware of rapists" mode once they leave their homes, and someone obviously tailing them in a car is going to be scary as shit for them.

Sputnik_15

Maybe if they weren't so hot they wouldn't deserve to get raped.

KorporalKitty

PAM

@Sputnik_15: now you need to stop

• +1
forcep

BANNED

who gives a fuck

joellau1234

Biggest fuck up by RT, as the company as a whole?

Barbara's problem. Why? Gavin and Geoff's was a problem they made by themselves, which was latched onto by the tumblr community. They rectified it immediately, with the removal of the video, and a front page apology.

Barbara (and RT) published the story on the Army Reserve guy's fake lie. When they got called out for it, RT pulled the story. But it didn't stop there for Barb, because she snapped and lashed out at a emailer in an unprofessional manner. She later had to get Burnie to help her in a mea culpa, where he had to post a retraction and apology for her on the front page. BUT, the military members didn't think it enough, so eventually she apologized to the majority of them in the complaint journal herself after a long, drawn out shitstorm.

Yeah, Barbara's fuckup involved the then owner of RT, and was way worse overall.

ltayl1

Fuck me, people talk as if professionals are always perfect.

Barb rectified her lash out in http://rtxevent.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=2238203&sort=modTotal" target="_blank">this post.
Yes she is a professional and she should have responded like one, but goddamn everyone fucks up. Some fuck ups are just bigger than others.

ltayl1

FUCK!

CHAT Image

Mike fix the linking system.

ltayl1

@ghostface: Thank you for this.

ItalianBadger

@Sputnik_15: You get apples for not being funny.

@Korporal_kitty: You get butterflies.

@italianbadger: Oh now I finally understand the rating system!

WarOnErrorism

@1: I don't get to rate because some wanker gave me apples :c

ItalianBadger

@1: It's the same for questions. It's dumb....applejack isn't stupid. I'm not a huge MLP fan, but I've grown to like her. Oh well....

@WarOnErrorism: Yeah....that'll happen

@italianbadger: So does it cost to give butterflies?

LaughingMan9

@1: Every time it does...and every time it hurts a little less.
CHAT Image

forcep

BANNED

@LaughingMan9:but giving apples hurts everyone, don't give people apples

LaughingMan9

@forcep:
CHAT Image

forcep

BANNED

@LaughingMan9:You really do have a gif for everything

KorporalKitty

PAM

CHAT Image

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Korporal_kitty:
That's wrong in so many levels

sonny88p

Geoff, Gavin and Barbara fucked ... up

sonny88p

@sonny88p:
CHAT Image

KingJemnas

Anyone else remember when soulja boy said something bad about the troops and everyone lost their shit ? But then eventually everyone forgot ? Uh I like roosterteeth and they seem like good people. So I say soulja boy fucked up the hardest.

Gamechild

The thing about Barbara mistake is everyone is getting on her shit because she believed something she saw on the internet. In reality it was the man who lieds fault.

FlygonNick

@KingJemnas: Probably the only part of this post I can get behind.

Gav and Geoff screwed up, and Barbara screwed up, yes...

BUT.

Barbara's "screw up" happened more than a year ago, when she had just been hired at Roosterteeth. Let it go people, seriously. Does ANY of this matter in the long run? All it does is breed more hate and intolerance. and this post just reminds me that even though we are entertained by these people on a daily basis, some of us can't help but judge them for every little slip up that happens. At the end of the day, they're human, and like all humans, they make mistakes.

None of you are perfect, and I bet half of you wouldn't have handled that situation any better than Barb did. As for Geoff, he handled it very well and quickly. Burnie and Barbara both apologized for what happened. Let it go already,

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@FlygonNick:
"and I bet half of you wouldn't have handled that situation any better than Barb did"

Seriously?

FlygonNick

@TheXRayFactor: Yep.

Its so easy to judge someone behind a computer screen, but in reality, some of you would've reacted way worse. The conversations I read on CHAT are proof enough.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@FlygonNick:
"Its so easy to judge someone behind a computer screen, but in reality, [...]"

Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware her posts were actually real conversations. My bad!

JordanRodkey

Sounds inline with both the AH and IB communities, a bunch of 14 year olds.

Shannon

Queen

I feel like neither matter only because they weren't life threatening or anything but rather them being human and say/typing something they shouldn't have and making a mistake.
At least I know that the entertainers I love so much are in fact human.

None are at fault. It was YOU. I'm sorry but the RT Community blew both incidents out of proportion causing negative backlash.

None are at fault. It was YOU. I'm sorry but the RT Community blew both incidents out of proportion causing negative backlash.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Tan Flo:
Your logic might be flawed, as I didn't do shit

KorporalKitty

PAM

CHAT Image.

You must be signed in to reply.