Sign in

I forgot my password.

Favorite anime/manga

ReservoirDog

What's your favourite anime/manga? Currently my favourite anime is One Piece, (yes, stereotypical I know) the comedy is great and the animation is excellent as well, and the storyline. My favourite manga currently is Kamisama No Iutoori (Fujimura Akeji), it is a sci-fi/horror manga. Its currently in it's second part and has received weekly serialization, the second part is called Kamisama no Iutoori Ni. I HIGHLY suggest you read the first part before going to part two. This manga is awesome and unique to any other manga, you will not be disappointed.

162 Replies

ReservoirDog

@BreadWolf: I have heard such great things about Clannad, but I just can't get over those fucking Moe eyes.

Neal

ROLF

Kill la Kill!
Let me repeat that
KILL LA KILL!
From the makers of FLCL and Gurren Lagenn. So go watch it. Even if you want to complain about either of the other two this is a must watch show.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@Neal:

CHAT Image

Deleted user

@Neal:ROLF

Deleted user

Lets be honest here, better animation, character design, character development and voice acting than 99% of animes in existence.

ltayl1

@ltayl1:
"...not all that into anime"
This was in August this year. Now watching anime is pretty much all I do in my spare time.

As far as an updated answer is concerned, my top 3 are:

1. Steins;Gate
2. Gurren Lagann
3. Mirai Nikki

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@ltayl1: Heh, I might as well give an update too:

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. K-On!/K-On!!
3. Gurren Lagann

Honorable mention: Baka and Test, K, Bakemonogatari (so far).

ltayl1

@Chenzo: Oooo. I started K-On!
They already made references to some of my favourite guitarists. That alone makes me want to keep watching it.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@ltayl1: BOY ARE YOU IN FOR A TREAT

CHAT Image

• +1
Neal

ROLF

@simsoy:  What in the fuck is wrong with you. Do you even know how to ROLF? Come on man everybody knows that a ROLF is only to be the first comment on something.

ltayl1

@Chenzo: Looking forward to it!

Neal

ROLF

Alright so an update for my anime though these are all for different reasons and some of these shows are way different from others:
Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, Shigeki no Kyojin, Soul Eater, Trigun, and Hajime no Ippo

IceCube

Grand Wizard

Not super into anime, but I enjoyed Bleach until they got to the bount story arch. Might pick it up again and power through the shitty part.

Also, RWBY's alright, though it's not a legit "anime".

ReservoirDog

@Neal: I thought Kill La Kill was gonna be huge since it is Studio Trigger which did Gurren Lagann, but that episode where she activated her uniform...... it really killed it for me. Fan service is great and all, and I know Gurren Lagann is known for it's fan service but, god damn, that uniform is ridiculous.

ReservoirDog

@IceCube: If we are talking about anime and you compare RWBY to the worst anime, RWBY is shit. And I think RWBY is shit either way, yes they have a horrible budget and blah blah blah, but I figured Monty would be able to find someone to make up for that. Instead he used two people, I think Miles and Kerry, who have little to no experience in story/script writing. I can get over the animation quality, but when the entire story is made up from anime cliches......

ReservoirDog

@simsoy: Better than 99% of animes in existence? I doubt you have watched that many animes, especially Cowboy Bebop or Princess Mononoke.

IceCube

Grand Wizard

@ReservoirDog:CHAT Image

forcep

BANNED

Baka and Test or K-on

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

Gurren Lagann.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

still boku no pico

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

I have no idea

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@TheXRayFactor: Still yes.

Neal

ROLF

@ReservoirDog: And because of that you are missing out. The next episode is almost all of this: CHAT Image
While just uncalled for fanservice is not okay Kill la Kill has reason and the characters know that it is embarrassing. And trust me you should totally watch the rest.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@ReservoirDog:
If that's even remotely accurate, it's really shameful. The whole idea Monty talked about regarding culture/society being molded by geography really made me interested. Well, it's not like I was planning to watch it anyway.

ReservoirDog

@TheXRayFactor: It's pretty bad. There are a lot of people who enjoy it, and I'm sure a lot of the people who enjoy it watch a lot of "traditional" anime. For me though, the story line kills it and like I said the animation can be forgiven with the small budget I'm sure they have, but I'm sure they could have found someone affordable and with more writing experience than Miles or Kerry. It seems like anything associated with Roosterteeth is automatically amazing for hardcore Roosterteeth fans and it can't be criticized. The whole premise of the show is very similar to Soul Eater.

ReservoirDog

@Neal: I have been watching it, the animation style is too cool and unique for me to not watch it.

Neal

ROLF

@ReservoirDog: You made it sound like you were refusing to watch Kill la Kill.

ReservoirDog

@Neal: I didn't mean to make it sound like that, the uniform is ridiculous but the animation and comedy have kept me watching.

Miser_Reborn

...Does Spirited Away count?

Neal

ROLF

@Miser_Reborn: Yes.

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

None of it, get this weeaboo shit out of my face.

• +1
MrFozzilla

the Inactive

Started Chuunibyou and I fucking love it. Next are:
1. Yuru Yuri
2. K-On!
3. Cowboy Bebop
Then just going down my list more. Especially since its break and all.
Doing my annual Christmas re-watching of Toradora! sometime in the beginning of December. And as for manga, still catching up on One Piece, restarted Reborn!, caught up on Nisekoi and now just wait for new chapter of many more series.

Note this isn't counting the animes CR are currently streaming as I am just watching them episode by episode, so I am deciding not to count them up there. Kyoukai no Kanata is cute and badass at the same time.

ReservoirDog

@MrFozzilla: You should switch Cowboy Bebop and Yuri Yuri around.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

@ReservoirDog: Fair enough.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

IGHT. Finished Chuunibyou Season 1 at 5 A.M.
Have to say that I fucking loved it. Great, cute little anime. Can't wait for the second season now. Now to finish the specials and start Cowboy Bebop. I have heard good things about the dub of this anime so I will give it a try.

ADashofRainbow

just finished Baka and Test last night IT'S SOO GOOD!!

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@MrFozzilla:
You should most definitely not switch Cowboy Bebop and Yuru Yuri around.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@MrFozzilla: You're in for a treat with Bebop.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@ADashofRainbow: Glad you liked it! But it's all about Himeji, though.

ADashofRainbow

@Chenzo:
lol no

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@ADashofRainbow:

CHAT Image

JohnStephen

@TheXRayFactor:
I'm watching YuruYuri now and it is surprisingly good.

MLP_JoshF

@MLP_JoshF: Let me just add Attack on Titan and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya to this "list". You could probably take off Squid Girl too since I lost interest in like 2 weeks after first watching it.

RIP_Krog

Gurren Lagann

ADashofRainbow

@Chenzo:
CHAT Image

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@ADashofRainbow:

CHAT Image

ADashofRainbow

@Chenzo:
Yoshii and Minami had the most emotional and amazing episode of the series
CHAT Image

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@ADashofRainbow: I'll give you that. I liked how she had a German accent in that episode in the dub. Not to say it was dumb, but it was nice because by that point I completely forgot that she was German in the first place.

Deleted user

Shingeki no Kyojin or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. Its a toss up

ADashofRainbow

@Chenzo:
i watched it all in a row so I could remember but I could see that it would be easy to forget

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

Alright so I am a liar and should be stoned.
I started another anime after Chuunibyou instead of Cowboy Bebop.
Ironically, the anime is called Another.
Basically its like Final Destination but I actually like this. Pretty gory if you are into that.

bubblejuice

kose mochen

When it comes to anime I like to watch:
Sailor Moon
Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water
Yu Yu Hakusho
Mobile Suit Gundam: Wing
Neon Genesis Evangelion

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@MrFozzilla:
You are in for a treat. Also, if you indeed like it, you might wanna check Kokoro Connect next. Really good as well.

ltayl1

@MrFozzilla: Oh yeah. I knocked that series over in a day. Really good story.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

@TheXRayFactor: Actually I am episode 4 or 5 of that. Loving it also.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

Well, shit.

I need some Yuru Yuri after that anime. I loved it. The OVA too. Pretty solid anime.
NOW. To watch something.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@MrFozzilla:
That scene when they start dancing in front of the class, fucking priceless.

Miser_Reborn

@simsoy:
>Implying Avatar is an anime.
>Implying Avatar isn't better than any anime.
>Implying everyone doesn't already understand that Avatar is better than any anime.
>Implying everyone wouldn't pick Avatar if it was actually an anime.
>inb4 Buzz Killington

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Miser_Reborn:
sick memearrows bro almost as good as the buzzkillin' 9/11 good job

JohnStephen

@Miser_Reborn:
I'd be watching it right now if I wasn't desperately trying to build up a decent library of anime on MyAnimeList (because the bitches love a huge MAL, right?). Judging from the grand total of 2 non-consecutive episodes I watched when I was younger, its a great show.

Miser_Reborn

@TheXRayFactor: Nope, I inb4d you.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Miser_Reborn:
and that's why i said it was a good buzzkill m8

You must be signed in to reply.