Sign in

I forgot my password.

Feels

ghostface

Reference

I get a lot of feels when I play Borderlands especially SPOILER after Roland dies because I played as him in borderlands 1 and the mission where you tell everyone he is dead is pretty sad.
Any games give you feels where other people just shrug their shoulders

76 Replies

JiffyLoob

Inb4 The Walking Dead Game.

Bello6

Really? I did the same thing I chose Roland in the first game but i wasn't really emotionally attached to most of the characters excluding claptrap

deadshadow

foking furry

When sargent johnson dies

natehalodragon

Same here. They never really made me care about the character very much.

ghostface

Reference

I played borderlands a lot. Its the 2 games I have put the most time into. I should really 1000 point them at one point.
Halo is the second most time I have put in a game. So that was pretty feels

aStingyMiser

CHAT Image

ghostface

Reference

I feel like im just really emotional now

LaughingMan9

Didn't get any feels in Borderlands 2. I played as Roland too.

Most feels in a game? Probably Metal Gear Solid 4. That fucking microwave crawl. And the Liquid fight.

Close behind that is Gears of War 3. Goddamnit Dom.

deadshadow

foking furry

@AStingyMiser: that was also relay sad

aStingyMiser

@deadshadow: So many feels. First and one of the only times a game made me have feels.

prodocol

Roland just seemed pretty generic to me, which really made me not get attached to him. I was fucking sad when Thane died in ME3 though.

Before anyone bitches about ME3's ending just because I mentioned the game, just don't.

Deleted user

@prodocol:
okay, i wont

ghostface

Reference

@prodocol: I liked the ending, but thats just me. Im so glad and sad I did a complete runthough from 1 to 3 in ME

Parks

Ass To Ass

I was playing a game the other day and i kinda got choked up. I forget what game though.

Deleted user

Sly Cooper 2 and 3 endings.

ghostface

Reference

I watched Dom death scene just and wow. The music really makes it

Deleted user

I am feeling sad right now, but it's not from a game or show.

ghostface

Reference

@MadBadCoyote: The only other things that make me sad are women family and depression. oh and music. and films
A lot of things make me sad

Deleted user

@ghostface:
same

aStingyMiser

Also Jak 3.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

I had my fair share of feels with ME3. Dear Esther was a good one, too.

But no game will ever beat Katawa Shoujo, at least for me. Damn, it got me crying real hard.

Besides vidya in general, "So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish" and "Mostly Harmless" were tough ones. And the album Hospice, of course; I still cry listening to it.

LaughingMan9

@ghostface: Mad World by Gary Jules. The song used in the first trailer for Gears 1.

aStingyMiser

Oh, in terms of other media, Harry Potter Pt. 2 gets the most feels from me. Breaking Bad and House also get some, but not nearly as many.

JohnStephen

The Binding of Isaac.
The whole suicide thing, so many feels...

Get in the Box.

Click to play

natehalodragon

Walking dead game made me have so many feels. Also the end of Shadow of the collosus.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@JohnStephen:
That reminded me of another one: LIMBO. The whole idea of that somewhat vague ending could be taken as extremely pretentious, but I thought it was really nice.

natehalodragon

How could I forget the kingdom hearts series.Gets me everytime.

ghostface

Reference

I can play binding of issac and think about the story behind it at the same time. Issac shoots tears as his main weapon for gods sake

JohnStephen

@ghostface:
What I like about the Binding of Isaac is nearly none of the story happens through gameplay (besides things like finding the different Isaac corpses). It's all revealed in short, obscure clips.

ghostface

Reference

@JohnStephen: The clips made me reseach the story and i wish i didnt I want to be willfully ignorant. This, FTL and a web game called Kingdom Rush are my favourite indy games

JohnStephen

@ghostface:
Indie games have gotten to a point now where they're hardly a genre anymore, they're just like any non-indie game. I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean that in a way that the quality of them is exceptional.
I mean, look at that Chivalry game ffs!

Carlsbean

BANNED

We.n carlsdaddy got hit truck and die. Make carlsbean sadden.

Ogrelord_Shrek

BANNED

End of Halo 3, or maybe end of Deus Ex 3, I just didn't know what to feel at the end of that. Maybe it wasn't the story at all, but the fact that I realized I was finished with the game.

s34n_h

the end of The Elephant Man, and at the end of Shadow of the Collossus

BritBrony

Carlos in SR2.

Carlsbean

BANNED

@Ogrelord_Shrek:lol u got fellings. y r u das ex

Parks

Ass To Ass

I got some feels when the Flying By Wire montage started on the Rooster Teeth Ten Year Retrospective.

natehalodragon

@Parks:That fucking montage got everyone! Fucking feels.

Xflasher

CHAT Image

Eddie

I got really sad when I beat Portal 2 because Portal is my favourite series ever, and I know valve can't count to 3. Also the ending is sad on its own. Chell being set free, and GLaDOS
 being nice, then the opera to top it off. Pretty emotional scene.

JohnStephen

@Eddie:
Have you heard the theory that Chell was let out because she was going to die anyway from the overexposure to the gel, what killed Cave?
I love all the theories about that game, except that bullshit that Chell was actually shot by the turrets and the whole opera and freedom was the Greek afterlife. It's such bullcrap.

Parks

Ass To Ass

I felt like this needed to be posted here.

Click to play

ColdStew

All of my posts got removed by the OVERLORD.

ColdStew

M4xwell

Insanitarium

CHAT Image

M4xwell

Insanitarium

CHAT Image

So many feels...

Overtoad

@JohnStephen: There are a lot of allusions to Greek Mythology in Portal 2 - from Prometheus to Tartarus - so it's sensible that the field that Chell is released into is symbolic of the Elysian Fields (Elysium), the place where great heros go in their afterlife (in contrast to Hades). I think it makes plenty of sense in order to understand the plot, but you'd be a moron to take it literally.

deadshadow

foking furry

the ending of C&C 4 because it sucked and i like the series 

AH_Gray

RIPeroni

Asura's Wrath gave me feels. HE JUST WANTS TO GET HIS DAUGHTER BACK.

Also Spec Ops: The Line for obvious reasons.

MLP_JoshF

Gears 3 when Dom dies

Overtoad

Gears 3 when Cole Train goes down the slide.

JohnStephen

@Overtoad:
It's a field of corn with a dilapidated shed. I understand where they're coming from with the theory, but I doubt it was intentional. I think it's just that they needed her to emerge somewhere empty, yet still feel good. This is one of the few ways to keep it empty, yet not look abandoned.
In the 6 months since I posted that earlier post I've given it a bit of possibility if for subtle symbolism and nothing else. That said, where I originally heard the theory mentioned that the first 3 turrets shoot her is ridiculous, because GLaDOS could have saved herself a lot of trouble and killed her before then.
Maybe this was intended to be symbolic, but I don't believe she has died (or at least, not yet). It's quite likely too that it was intended, but only to be seen as the paradise aspect, not the afterlife aspect.
I still think that the most believable theory is that she is the secret illegitimate daughter of Cave and Caroline, raised by Doug Rattman. This theory explains a lot.

TL;DR: Maybe it's a subtle piece of symbolism on Valve's part, but I doubt it means anything except that Chell views her freedom as paradise.

PS, Elysian Fields (where souls are rewarded for good) would be in contrast to Tartarus (where souls are punished for evil), I'm pretty sure Hades is the entire underworld, covering both the Elysian Fields, Tartarus, the Asphodel Meadows and the others.

ColdStew

rkdq94

Honestly, I got a lot of emotional attachment to the main characters in Spec Ops: The Line. It had a great story and was told incredibly well, I thought.

AH_Gray

RIPeroni

@rkdq94: That white phosphorus tho.

rkdq94

@AH_Gray:God my jaw dropped through the fuckin' floor after that happened. I don't think any game could make me question the character's actions as much as this game has.

Overtoad

@JohnStephen:Woops! I keep forgetting to check the time-stamps on these threads.

&v=IRWJWwaWIrk#t=1389" target="_blank">First off, it’s a wheat field! 

Wait… wheat? Wheatly!? Of course! There’s no
connection there…

If old Aperture is symbolic of Tartarus/Hell, then I think
that modern Aperture works well as a Purgatory or maybe the Fields of Punishment,
and the overworld as Paradise/Elysium.

GLaDOS and Wheatley also work well in deity roles in the
Greek tradition, especially with their flaws and rises and falls from power.

I think that it works too well to be coincidental,
especially with the excellence of the game in every other respect and the
esteem that I hold Valve in.

I don’t know if the entire plot is based on a single myth,
but the more I think about it, the more I think it may be a modern retelling of
Greek afterlife mythology (especially since she practically died in the
shipping crate). Again, I don’t think that she is literally dead.

Overtoad

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IRWJWwaWIrk#t=1389]First off, it's a wheat field![/url]

JohnStephen

@Overtoad:
I see where you're coming from, but it's just a common plot. Escaping from Hellish places and antagonists falling from power and joining you to defeat a common foe is very common, even Mario has it.
There's really no evidence for this theory besides a slight coincidence, Old Aperture was there to introduce new environments, give backstory, and implement new mechanics. Modern Aperture is far more Hellish in my opinion, with the overseeing GLaDOS constantly pushing your limits and turrets firing at you. The open layout of Old Aperture makes it more slow-paced than the chambers of Modern Aperature, hardly Hellish.
The only thing that really ties these together is that the place you're trapped in is bad, and freedom is good, and that a friend goes mad with power and you and your enemy put your differences aside to defeat him. Maybe Valve were influenced slightly by Greek Mythology, but hardly enough to say it was based on it. And even then, there's nothing special about it, many things are influenced by Greek Mythology.
I'll admit that there's a possibility the ending was symbolic of leaving the Hellish place and entering Heaven (freedom), but I think that's all there is to the metaphor.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

Just a list. Some of these might have been said previously though.
SPOILERS (just in case)
Dom's death from GOW(I didn't even really like the story too much. I just played as Dom in each game and the way he went and how the cutscene just made it sadder was great.)
Harper's death from BO2(I actually like both black ops. They were fun and the story entertained me. You have to kill Harper for the best ending but it was just kinda sad.)
Jiao's death in Tales of Xillia (He announces some shit and now he is a good guy then dies protecting a little girl he cares about and hopes forgives him. He went out like a man.)
There is a ton more with just feels in general (i.e. The Walking Dead) but here is one last one.

Lydia's various deaths from Skyrim. (Lydia... What are you doing? Lydia that is a giant don't fight it- GOD DAMNIT LYDIA. This happened pretty often for me.)

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

Any anime based on a Key VN. Specifically, Clannad.

Especially this song:
Click to play

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

Oh and yeah, about Roland's death. With the initial storyline I was not to affected by it. I was welp that sucks shit. I mean I was saddened a bit more by Bloodwing's. Now when I played and beat Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep, boy let me tell ya. The fact that he died and how Tina keeps denying it and changing the subject about it before they can tell her and then outbursting sadness when they are about to at the end and she just yells and sobs about how she knew. THAT made me pretty sad. I was like FUCK man.

Overtoad

@MrFozzilla: Welp... Spoilers...

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

@Overtoad: Welpp. Could have stopped reading it

KorporalKitty

PAM

.CHAT Image

Overtoad

@MrFozzilla: Not upset with you. Just bummed. I would've been bummed if I had played it too.

Why did you explain it in such great detail? Anyone who'd already played would already know it and wouldn't have to have it explained to them.

GarrettRainboom

The ending of Okami, shouldn't have left Issun behind. Also Kingdom Hearts 2, and the intro to Mass Effect 3, the scene leaving Earth is the perfect mixture of sadness and determination to get revenge

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@BreadWolf: WHY

Overtoad

@M4xwell: I think it's the other type of feels: the netherfeels (those in you pants).

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

Fallout New Vegas had some feels in the DLC, especialy in the Dead Money DLC with Dog/God.

absolutezilch

Hey Big Zam!

Hatoful Boyfriend the entire alternative storyline was full of feels.

deadshadow

foking furry

@oilfire30: that was sad i would also say honest hearts made me feel kinda sad at the end with that peaceful tribe but I got no feels from the other two

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

@deadshadow: I found it sad in the Lonesome Road DLC when ED-E leaves you. I managed to find him again before the final boss. Did you make the tribe run or fight?

Parks

Ass To Ass

In Ori and the Blind Forest when you can't get out of an area because of a bullshit glitch.

IceCube

Grand Wizard

Medal of Honour (the reboot before MoH: Warfighter) had a pretty sad ending, considering it was based on a true story. They named the guy Rabbit in the game because apparently he had like 7 kids in real life.

deadshadow

foking furry

@oilfire30: only part of that dlc that made me not feel rage

You must be signed in to reply.