Sign in

I forgot my password.

I guess that's it...

SpartanJason

Now that MLP has jumped the shark, what will you be watching instead?

58 Replies

deadshadow

foking furry

what happened

SpartanJason

@deadshadow:
Season finale, Twilight turned into an "Alicorn Princess."

Bello6

I have to see it

MLP_Scythe95

what

Parks

Ass To Ass

@SpartanJason: Oh no?

deadshadow

foking furry

well they said it would happen so were can i see it

DashingRainbow

pony database

DashingRainbow

@DashingRainbow: nm

deadshadow

foking furry

@DashingRainbow: ok should i send a link to madbad

Eddie

I liked the episode. Twilight didn't change a bit. She just has wings. Now as a princess she leads her own studies.
The episode doesn't really show the total affect of her being a princess because it ends after the coronation, But after seeing this episode I definitely have faith in the writers,
The episode also is full of great songs, and is practically a musical episode.

Eddie

@deadshadow:
Episode

deadshadow

foking furry

@Eddie: i don't like it so far

natehalodragon

People on the internet get all fucking angry when something changes. I think the show needed something new and maybe if they play their cards right this could be it.

natehalodragon

@Eddie:We still on for the stream tonight?

natehalodragon

The songs were fun.

FlygonNick

This is supposedly the first part in a three part episode. Anyway, I liked the episode, the songs were good, and it wasn't nearly as bad as people were saying it was going to be. I look forward to season 4.

natehalodragon

The musical part was like the pony version of Les Miserables.

natehalodragon

Everyone on the internet is overreacting as usual. I thought is was pretty good.

Eddie

@natehalodragon:
What stream?

DashingRainbow

I'm not sure how I feel about the finale, I think I like it.

natehalodragon

I love the part with the flashing memories. It reminded me of Kingdom Hearts.

natehalodragon

@Eddie:Aren't we doing a season 3 stream?

Eddie

Well on twitter I still see people bitching, and I would like to say that..

You can't even complain yet. The episode ends with her coronation. That's it. We won't be able to tell if this has any major plot effects until season 4.

From what I can conclude everything is going to be fine. Celestia said that this means twilight is going to do her own studies and teach everyone what she learns. This mostly means that she doesn't have to send letters to Celestia anymore, which she pretty much stopped doing in S3. All of her friends are still with her and she is not leaving them.

There is need to complain and say the show is over when we haven't even seen the implications of this plot change.

Also I think it is quite childish that you would leave a fandom that has changed and become a big part of your life (I know that doesn't apply to everyone).

tl;dr You don't know the outcome don't complain. Twilight doesn't change. Stop being childish.

Eddie

@natehalodragon: This is my first time hearing this, but sure. That sounds great! What time?

natehalodragon

I loved Pinkie's spit take!

natehalodragon

@Eddie:Whatever time is good for everyone else is cool with me.

Deadlyparasite

BANNED

I thought it was good. My friend Matt disagrees though.

natehalodragon

@Deadlyparasite:Most people do unfortunately.

Tereall

That was good stop bitching or I'm going to rape with a barb wire dick

Bello6

I thought it was good for a normal episode not a finale but it was fine I liked it

natehalodragon

@Tereall:I know right?

Eddie

CHAT Image

natehalodragon

CHAT Image

Deleted user

Lost my trust in the writers for awhile.

natehalodragon

@MadBadCoyote:Soooo what did you thinks?

Deleted user

@natehalodragon:
:(

natehalodragon

@MadBadCoyote:It wasn't the best season finale, but seriously? Well at least you aren't going to quit watching the show like a lot of people.

natehalodragon

Most people that don't like it are making out like it's "The end of the show".

natehalodragon

@MadBadCoyote:Why do you not like the Alicorn princess thing?

Deleted user

@natehalodragon:
http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/17lqpv/you_know_what_i_see/c86po16

natehalodragon

@MadBadCoyote:Yes hasbro is a douchey corporation. The money for the show has to come from somewhere though. They've been building up to this since the end of season 2. Do you want the show to just stay the same forever? Friendship lessons. Fight Badguy. Sing. Rinse. Repeat? I want them to change it up a bit.

Eddie

@MadBadCoyote:
Well, I'll miss you.

Deleted user

@Eddie:
Did I say I was leaving?

Eddie

@MadBadCoyote:
Well no. But if you hate the show now and can't think about it without getting upset, I didn't think you would be staying.

Deleted user

@natehalodragon:

I would type out a response to you, but I'm on my phone and its hard to read/write long posts. I'll try to  make a proper response later

Deleted user

@Eddie:
I said I was disappointed and worried. Sure, I might not have liked the episode, but that doesn't mean they won't redeem themselves.

<3

aStingyMiser

Allow me to give you my 10-second master's thesis as to why this what a shit idea:
CHAT Image
The fact that there used to be two Earth ponies, two pegusi, and two unicorns provided an interesting model. The fact that now they completely did a 180 with Twlight undermines the entirety of the three-race model. Twilight shouldn't become a fucking princess.

I'm not saying "hold on a sec, I'm gonna go kill myself because they changed an admittedly minor detail," it's just that it feels so awkward. It really feels like a toy deal, sorry to say.

The episode, though, I did enjoy. The first half was pretty decent. My biggest problem though is that it's basically Daniel Ingram's latest album. That, and that it's paced about as quickly as Taken, a movie pretty much designed to be stupidly fast-paced.

Neal

ROLF

@AStingyMiser: Some of you say makes sense. Like that fact that the episode is super fast paced. Like they should've had more time. Like a second episode. Where the fist episode would end with the cutie marks being correct and Twilight disappearing and then a second episode. But I really liked the episode. And you are right about the balance of the number of ponies, but that never really mattered much it was more symmetry (unless you are Death the kid that shouldn't make you kill yourself) and I like that you gave the episode a chance, unlike others. I know you like the episode but I'm also making points you missed or that are in the favor of the show. Also the people on the show have stated that this is part one of a three part arc. So season 4 will pick up on this and continue it. But I really liked all the singing. I felt like it was all great and I like when story is told through action like all the ponies doing there real jobs and the song as a great tune to accompany it.

Neal

ROLF

I loved this episode. It is now number five on my top five episodes. (But the top 3 are the Discord episodes) I know that this isn't the end. I'm still in love with the show and I feel like a shark hasn't been jumped. After all this is part one of a three part arc of episodes. (that has been confirmed) So I think they should have made two really well spaced episodes for story, but I really liked this fast paced episode. It isn't just a toy selling thing though. Hasbro has the right to make toys and they pay for the show. But the show has so much freedom that they barely get a word in edge wise. I know most people are afraid of the show changing but they shouldn't be. I love the show and if there is no development that means anything then it would get stale after a while. I look forward to the next season. And now to re-watch all the episodes.

tl;dr version: I really liked the episode and still love the show. You should feel bad for not liking the show after this episode or just not liking the episode, and if you think all MLP is about is selling toys then I've stated how you are wrong.

Answer to thread topic question: I'll be watching MLP:FiM.

Deleted user

@Neal:
Thanks, I needed another reason to feel bad

Bello6

Penis

JiffyLoob

Replying to OP: Jokes on you, I stopped watching that shit awhile ago.

Neal

ROLF

@MadBadCoyote: Well after all your winning. I determined that if Equestria didn't explode then you were wrong to be worried.

Nate

BANNED

Episode was great.

Xflasher

Still here not giving a fuck about MLP :)

natehalodragon

@MadBadCoyote:Don't feel bad :(.

aStingyMiser

@Neal: Fair enough.

I just found it an interesting dynamic.

Shout-out to Death the Kid.

Neal

ROLF

@AStingyMiser: Shout out to kid. But you are right it was a cool dynamic, but it didn't ever affect the story much.

You must be signed in to reply.