Sign in

I forgot my password.

Love, or Lost in Translation?

Deleted user

So, I like a girl here on campus, and we hang out and stuff, and it's a good time. The only thing is, English isn't her first language, so I can't really tell if she likes me back. Today she told me that she always looks forward to seeing me, and enjoys talking to me, but with the language gap between us, I can't tell if her statement seemed affectionate because of translation or if she likes me too. Any thoughts, guys?

• 1 Cool

15 Replies

Parks

Ass To Ass

What ethnicity is she? Seems like she's super into you.

Deleted user

@Parks:
She's from China. You really think so? Haha

Mike

OVERLORD

Are you sure she isn't "into" you because she wants a green card?

DrunkTankPodcas

Good thinking Mike.

When I was in high school we had an exchange student from Yemen. He tried very hard to get the teaches to adopt him so he wouldn't have to go back.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@Nat: Absolutely, she probably doesn't know how to say that she does.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

I've never asked anyone out on a date, so any advice I'd give may not be helpful. Sorry.

• +1
Deleted user

@Mike:
She has expressed to me her interest in going back to her home. She likes the adventure of being here in America, but she misses her home and her family.

• +1
Deleted user

@Parks:
I mean, she's fairly fluent. I just don't want to get any wires crossed.

• +1
Deleted user

@My_nama_Jeff:
Your presence is enough.

• +1
Parks

Ass To Ass

I think you're best move would be the "I really like you, and I get the feeling that you feel the same way about me."

Deleted user

@Parks:
Seems like a good idea. Next time I see her, I'll say something if I can work it in naturally.

Deleted user

@Parks:
So, I haven't been able to work it in naturally, but I've started introducing her to my other friends today, and we've been getting along really well. Haha

Parks

Ass To Ass

@Nat: That's more progress than I've ever made with any girl.

Deleted user

@Parks:
I also gave her some chocolate, and she got super excited. Haha

sonny88p

How to read her body language:
imagine she was someone you were not interested in (let's say for example a man) and she behaved in the exact same way, would you be creaped out?
if the answer is yes then she likes you

You must be signed in to reply.