Sign in

I forgot my password.

What was your RTX like?

Spoky

I'm not sure if I want to get tickets to this coming RTX and have to deal with hotels and all that shit. So tell me what your RTX was like! Did you go alone?
Did you meet people?
Other question?
Or if you think I'm an NGF and you don't want me to go for some reason, tell me you had a bad time and that I shouldn't go.

36 Replies

Deleted user

Haven't been to RTX, but cons are normally a good time.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

I had a bad time and you shouldn't go

Spoky

@TheXRayFactor: What a great community we have here!

Spoky

@Nat: Yeh, I went to PAX South and had an alright time, but I was with two other friends. RTX would be solo for me.

AwYeah

@super_legit

Went to RTX 2015 solo. Hung out with a few fans I had a good couple night with, ran into a shit-faced ProJared, got a picture with Andy and J$, and helped cause a fire hazard with Andy and Mica via Yugioh. It was a pretty good time. Through I did spaz out talking to Matt from AH. Also played Rocket League with Freddy Wong. It was a pretty good time. Debating going this year, though.

Deleted user

@Hylan143:
I always go to cons with people, then just ditch them.

Deleted user

@AwYeah:
Can you expand on this ProJared story?

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

RTX Sydney has Hideo Kojima.

My_nama_Jeff

Oil

But in all seriousness, I've never been to an RTX due to me living quite a distance from both RTX Sydney (a 1 hour flight I think) and the American RTX (I think 20 hours of flying). Although I live in Queensland which isn't that far from Sydney, due to my financial position, I would have to choose RTX Sydney (which I would have to pay for completely by myselfe) or Gold Coast Supanova (I split the room payment with 5/6 others), and I think Nova would be the better of the 2 imo.

However, as I said at the start, never been to an RTX but from what I've heard from friends, it's a fun time.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

RTX killed my parents

KorporalKitty

PAM

RTX seems like a cool place to go if you can drink because of all the events and hangouts, but seeing as i'm 19 and america has stupid laws it isn't really worth me flying over the ocean for.

KorporalKitty

PAM

connor smells

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@LouAPinto: Nice double post. Are you new?

AwYeah

@super_legit

@Nat: Not much to it. I was with some people I met at RTX, and we went to this one bar I like on 6th street, but not the college-y part of it. Anyway, as we're walking down an alley to get to it, ProJared stumbles out of a door with someone, all glassy eyed and stumbling. I told one of the guys I was with, "Oh hey, that's ProJared." Apparently the guy was kinda star-strcuk at it, but I just kept walking because I don't really watch any of his stuff.

KimmyJ

King Chad

lol never went

Spoky

@KimmyJ: But how was it though

deadshadow

foking furry

i have gone 3 years in a row i more or less go to hang out with friends and buy weeb crap like figurines and katakanas

Spoky

@deadshadow: yeh I have no friends and I can just order stuff online, so I'm probably not going.

Deleted user

@Hylan143:
If I were to go, I'd be your friend. Haha

Spoky

@Nat: What a great community we have here

Deleted user

@Hylan143:
Not that we aren't friends already.

deadshadow

foking furry

@Hylan143: yea i would say its a waste of money then

AwYeah

@super_legit

It's a good time, whether you go solo or in a group. Plus, if you get sick of it, Austin is still a really cool town

deadshadow

foking furry

@AwYeah: well if you just want to go to austin then don't go during big events

AwYeah

@super_legit

@deadshadow: I'm just saying that if you went to RTX and didn't like it, there are other options.

Spoky

@deadshadow: I actually live really close to Austin, so I can go whenever I want. I know what you mean with ACL and SXSW

deadshadow

foking furry

@Hylan143: well it could just be a reason to be in downtown austin

Spoky

@deadshadow: I might just buy a day pass and test it out this year. It's going to be great if they move RTX from Austin and I just never get to go when it's convenient.

deadshadow

foking furry

@Hylan143: i doubt it will leave austin as they are based there

Spoky

@deadshadow: I guess maybe they could just do RTX North or something instead of transplanting it. I just wonder how they will expand.

Deleted user

@Hylan143:
I feel like they'd likely do a Canadian RTX.

deadshadow

foking furry

@Nat: im sure they would but it's a lot of planning to do a big con like it

Deleted user

@deadshadow:
True, but it seems like a natural expansion for them.

Spoky

@deadshadow: Probably not harder than Aus, right?

sonny88p

Expect to wait in long lines in the heat and then not being able to see what you want to see

If you expect that and nothing more, if you still want to go than I would say go for it
If that doesn't feel like something you want to do, then give up and never look back

Spoky

@sonny88p: Actually some pretty decent advice. A little dramatic at the end, but good!

Thanks!

You must be signed in to reply.