Sign in

I forgot my password.

What drives PC elitists insane...

ST_mayfield

Here's my list of things that drive PC elitists's insane:

- I use an AMD processor, and I like it.
- I play Minecraft on a console.
- I enjoy having a fair and equal gameplay experience.

Now come on Internet, come at me bro!

65 Replies

M4xwell

Insanitarium

"- I believe the Mac is better in quality than the PC."

Use this for a shitstorm.

NOTE: This is merely a quote, this is not my idea/belief. I am indifferent/not giving a shit towards them AT ALL.

Deleted user

@M4xwell:That's quite a scatty comment to make, seeing how Macs are just PCs running software Steve Jobs jerked out.

I prefer gaming on a Mac.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@simsoy: I'm indifferent towards them both: if they let my play and wank, i'm good.

masterofxen

Dick Fiddler

@M4xwell: #shotsfired

masterofxen

Dick Fiddler

people say PC is mater race but never really say

the way I see it is that the PC is the master race because graphics

EDIT: graphics is the reason I get shit for playing on a console so thats how I see it

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

CHAT Image

Deleted user

@masterofxen:I think of it as a master race because the PC is such a meta platform. I played Final Fantasy X and VII on it, as well as Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger and the original Fallout. I also have a few hundred games on my steam list, I can join custom servers and have epic 200 v 200 battles in Mount

Parks

Ass To Ass

A controller is the only way to play an RTS.

• +1
ltayl1

An FPS is best played on a controller due to the greater first person control gained from analogue sticks.

mlp_midnaspet

Homo-Queen*

super metroid is best played with analogue sticks

mlp_midnaspet

Homo-Queen*

nintendo d-pads are terrible.

mlp_midnaspet

Homo-Queen*

Replying to OP:
I agree that amd is a good chipset. use it myself.
I dont like minecraft so im indifferent.
fair and equal is vague, elaborate further.

mlp_midnaspet

Homo-Queen*

@M4xwell: what pisses me off is that people act as if all windows based machines are the same. its hard to argue with ignorant people.

masterofxen

Dick Fiddler

@simsoy: I undersatnd the massive capabilities of the PC but we all have to admit that the people who prance around going "PC master race" have their heads so far up their ass its not funny. All consoles are equal.

mlp_midnaspet

Homo-Queen*

@masterofxen: I dont like elitists however all consoles arent equal... well, it depends. what area are we speaking?

masterofxen

Dick Fiddler

@mlp_midnaspet: Mainly PC's and Mainstream generation consoles

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

Replying to OP:
"I use an AMD processor, and I like it"

why

just why

whyyyyyyyyyyyyg

Chujitsuna

BANNED

people who think that gaming on their phone is real gaming

JohnStephen

"Console are cheaper."

Gets 'em all the time.

redshankinvento

BANNED

@Chujitsuna:I mean, it could be. Depending on the game. as far as I know there are some real games in the apple store. and with real games I mean games that aren't made solely to play whil shitting or to convince 10-year olds to use their parent's creditcards to purchase in-app shit

JohnStephen

@D4haka97:
Yeah, mobile gaming is making huge advances. Pity its overrun with shite, though.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@JohnStephen: *cough* Angry birds *cough*

Miser_Reborn

@masterofxen: Considering you asked a legitimate question, I will willingly throw myself into the line of fire from everyone by DARING to speak my opinion in something longer than a tweet, in a place that's ironically mocking individuals with my opinion, no less.

Graphics aren't really that much better, but frames per second are. Not to mention, there are entire genres of game, namely strategy, that just don't work on console. Not counting Pikmin, which... don't count Pikmin... With the exception of the Wii U, a PC can emulate most good exclusives, and the handful it can't are a trade-off for a much larger library of games when compared to the console peasants. Lastly, there's so much more you can do on PC. The modding community, for example. I'll admit console gaming has its perks. But those are few and far between. Considering you can buy a wired 360 controller for any game that demands it, the console really doesn't have much to say its defense.

You may now proceed to rape my face.

Miser_Reborn

The human eye can't see past 25 frames per second.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Miser_Reborn:
That's one of the few things that drives me crazier than "so much for global warming" and its derivatives (hehehe calculus)

redshankinvento

BANNED

@Miser_Reborn:The human eye doesn't SEE in frames per second

Miser_Reborn

@D4haka97: How can't our eyes see in FPS if they aren't real?

redshankinvento

BANNED

@Miser_Reborn:Wait what? Also the human eye sees the difference between 25 fps and 60 fps. And what I meant was that the human eye doesn't work with frames per second.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@D4haka97:
I'm honestly baffled

redshankinvento

BANNED

@TheXRayFactor:Did I say something retarded again?

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@D4haka97:
I'm perplexed you didn't realize he was joking and then making a reference. Unless you did indeed realize it and are now making me look foolish. That would a be shame.

Now that we've got that out of the way, what do you mean with "the human eye doesn't work with frames per second"? I don't think that makes sense (taking photons in consideration), but I'm not well versed in biology.

redshankinvento

BANNED

@TheXRayFactor:As in the way the human eye sees things is as uninterrupted data. It doesn't see things in a bunch of stills. The reason that people say you can't see past 25-30 fps is because that's the amount you need to make a bunch of images look like uninterrupted data.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@Miser_Reborn:
CHAT Image

M4xwell

Insanitarium

"The Half-Life series is at best mediocre on the PC."

Again, this is not my statement.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@M4xwell:
I've never seen someone saying anything like that.

Eddie

I hate when console peasants say "Human eyes can't see over 30 fps"

But honestly I have never seen anyone say this firsthand. I have only seen screenshots and heard stories. I like to think that there are not people that stupid in this world.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@TheXRayFactor: I know 'mates' in my school who stand up for that statement...

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@M4xwell:
Let me clarify. I've never seen someone saying it's mediocre exclusively on PC, but not so in other platforms.

Unless the person in question is saying it is mediocre on PC and complete shit on consoles. That would make me just a tiny bit less bewildered.

Savis117

Meat-Spinner

@Chenzo: Bingo

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@TheXRayFactor: Let me clarify, I know people who hate valve games on PC because they believe they're not a good and functioning as their Xboxs, half life 2 in particular. They believe Valve should've stayed only with Xbox games and that Steam marketplace will never go past/beat Xbox Marcketplace and for Steam to not try...

It's terrible.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@M4xwell:
I'm usually able to understand how people can be so idiotic, but I just don't see how can anyone in their right mind think that.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@TheXRayFactor: I live in Miami, so they're possibly high on cocaine.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@M4xwell:
welp

Deleted user

I like computers and consoles. yay

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@MadBadCoyote:
GET THE FUCK OUT

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@MadBadCoyote:
THINK OF THE CHILDREN GOD DAMMIT

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@TheXRayFactor: CONSOLES AND COMPUTERS GETTING MARRIED IS LIKE SATAN COMING ON EARTH TO KILL EVERYONE!

Deleted user

@Redblood801:
I think valve is working on that

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@MadBadCoyote:
HALF LIFE 2 EPISODE 1: RELEASED IN 2006
HALF LIFE 2 EPISODE 2: RELEASED 6 YEARS AGO
HALF LIFE 2 EPISODE 3: 2 * 3 = 6

GABEN CONFIRMED FOR THE COMING OF SATAN

JohnStephen

@M4xwell:
Can't you just have them put down?

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@JohnStephen:
Sounds reasonable enough.

mlp_midnaspet

Homo-Queen*

@JohnStephen: not nessesarily

mlp_midnaspet

Homo-Queen*

I believe that, and this an objective point of view.
Consoles can be cheaper, with this latest generation the lines are sort of blured at the time.

Console gamers dis pc gamers for being nerds, and in it for the specs which, in some cases, is true.

PC has a larger library and purely because of that it beats the console exclusives, just numbers.

emulation, just, emulation.

PC can be hard to get into and is out of many peoples leagues, but the return is far greater then the low-effort, low-return consoles.

for people to have an accurate stance they need to play the best of both sides and generate an opinion based on that. Too many people throw shit in either direction without the necessary info.

However if I am speaking from my opinionated standpoint. I think that mouse is more precise, if you dont like it. Get a game pad(I was in a public place with my friends, we were on our laptops and one of us was using a gamepad to emulate OoT. This retarded looking guy(not kidding on the retarded thing) came up and, in the most ignorant of child like tones, says "WOAH you can use a controller on pc?!" I almost had an aneurysm)
exclusives are a touchy subject but PC has more so...
online isnt a paid feature
community servers keep games alive long after the devs forget about them.
games cost less on pc.
mods make games better.

so yeah. I stand on pc personally but I can understand anyone's decisions.

Chujitsuna

BANNED

@mlp_midnaspet: also you forgot that actually good computers can be very pricey

Chujitsuna

BANNED

the main part of people i saw on xbox, when i played it, was people under 16, usually 13-15, this isnt the case on pc gaming, i usually dont see people who are 16 because they can afford good computers, and my friends on xbox have pretty much all switched to pc gaming, im pretty sure thats because thats when they can afford good computers

cannonofdoom

Superannuate

Pft, tabletop gaming is best.

• +1
JohnStephen

@mlp_midnaspet:
Wow, you really missed the point of the thread.

This is a thread all about things to say that annoy PC elitists. What I said is something that annoys PC elitists, not fact or my own opinion.

It's because while an Xbox or Playstation is cheaper than a good tier gaming PC, the PC can be upgraded for less than it will cost to upgrade a console and also PC games are generally far cheaper.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@M4xwell: Half Life isn't mediocre it's just not amazing.

Miser_Reborn

@Chujitsuna:
The Xbox One is 500 dollars.
My computer was 500 dollars.

I've had absolutely no problem running any game beyond Alt Tabbing, which is to be expected.

I'm afraid your point is a little shoddy.

Chujitsuna

BANNED

@Miser_Reborn: i got my xbox360 at 200$ my point is for old generation gaming which can run cod ghosts while a 200$ computer cant

redshankinvento

BANNED

@Parks:It's mediocre to people who've played it in 2012-13-14 after the internet hyped it for so long. I enjoy it but it's not as good as people say it is to me

risaxis

BANNED

Steam is bad. I like mac gaming. Valve is the worst. I love gaming on my console. It has better graphics and far more games. With consoles, you can play multiplayer. The only way to play games is on a 50 inch TV. I think the only good pc game is solitare.

NOTE: I do not believe any of this but if you tell it to a PC elitist, they will explode.

mlp_midnaspet

Homo-Queen*

@JohnStephen: now now. I know what I was doing. I felt like putting out there what I felt.

mlp_midnaspet

Homo-Queen*

origin rocks, steam just pales in comparison. both in quality of service and selection.

Nmoz

@Miser_Reborn:
Edit because I'm fucking stupid. At least I think I am, unless you did what I thought you did. 

You must be signed in to reply.