Sign in

I forgot my password.

Less well-known animes

SenselessVirus

This thread is for animes that you think are more obscure/not as well-known, but still awesome . Mine are Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu, The Vision of Escaflowne, and King of Braves GaoGaiGar.

62 Replies

aWSOMN360

Is This A Zombie? Is an anime, i wouldn't call it good, but it's definitely interesting. Good watch but don't expect it to be a classic.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

The Monogatari series is damn good. I'd say that it's pretty well-known, but isn't exactly popular enough. One that I don't think any of my friends have seen is Haiyore! Nyaruko-san. I'd recommend giving the first season a shot. It's not great, but I enjoyed the handful of pop culture references.

aWSOMN360

Also Rosario + Vampire is a pretty obscure anime that i really enjoyed.

ReservoirDog

Great Teacher Onizuka

CyroWolf

@aWSOMN360: Kore wa Zombie Desu ka.

aWSOMN360

@CyroWolf: Yes, if you want to be an asshole about it.

CyroWolf

Seikon no Qwaser is pretty good once you get past the fact that the entire show is pretty much based around powers that are fueled by breast milk.

aldude3

Naruto.

aWSOMN360

@aldude3: .................. no, shut up.

ReservoirDog

Great Teacher Onizuka is the only comedy anime I have watched where I have consistently laughed.

ReservoirDog

Also Kids on The Slope is pretty good and BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

aldude3

@aWSOMN360: Pokemon

CyroWolf

Elfen Lied.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

Hellsing Ultimate (not the original show) is a solid action series with lots of gore and Nazi Vampires. It's not on Netflix or anything, so I'd consider it "less well-known".

ReservoirDog

[i]@BreadWolf:[/i I don't know why but I still haven't watched that, I'm currently watching Ghost Hound.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@ReservoirDog:
"Ghost Hound is an anime TV series, created by Production I.G and Masamune Shirow, noted for being the creator of the Ghost in the Shell series."
Well shit why I haven't I seen this?

Overtoad

Naruto

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

No one I've talked to know about Toradora. Can't guarantee any of you guys will like it. I'm just a pussy who likes shows like that . :D

M4xwell

Insanitarium

Ranma 1/2

SenselessVirus

@Overtoad: We did that joke already.

risaxis

BANNED

@SenselessVirus:who are you?

KorporalKitty

PAM

@risaxis:He is the creator of the thread.

RIP_Krog

Baccano!

SenselessVirus

@risaxis:...Batman? CHAT Image

CyroWolf

@SenselessVirus: I'll allow it.

barbraisgay

like only super indie ones? COWBOY BEBOP ONE PIECE NARUTO DEATH NOTE AND LIKE MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO

KorporalKitty

PAM

RWBY the Japanese re-make

CardinalJohn

Samurai Champloo or JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? (Though thanks to Dylon JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is probably popular now)

SenselessVirus

@CardinalJohn: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a really good one, I hope they bring it over here. Can't wait for part 3! Huh. We can’t seem to load this image.

• +1
JohnStephen

@CardinalJohn:
Samurai Champloo is pretty well known, though.

CardinalJohn

@JohnStephen: Then replace that with Zetsuen no Tempest....

BigPaul2

birdy the mighty?

Overtoad

Fruits Basket. My girlfriend mentions it a lot.

MLP_JoshF

Squid Girl

aWSOMN360

@MLP_JoshF: ............ No, shut up.........................

LaughingMan9

Everything ReservoirDog said.

risaxis

BANNED

@MLP_JoshF:great show but it's kinda well know. so I'd have to say love lab.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

Ranma 1/2 (like I said before)
Air Master
Chrono Crusade
Lovely Complex (May be wrong on this one. I believe it has a big following)
Steins Gate
Rahxephon

Grave of the Fireflies (anime MOVIE, not show)

CyroWolf

@M4xwell: Would Steins Gate be considered lesser known? I've heard of it plenty of times. (Haven't watched it yet.)

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@CyroWolf: ...Yeah I guess, but due to the fact that NOT THAT MANY people have seen it, I counted it as that.

also, it's pretty good.

JohnStephen

[NEVERMIND]

ghostface

Reference

softenni is pretty good

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

Yugioh season zero.

CyroWolf

@Redblood801: Yay, you're back!
 But onto more relevant information, I take it it's worth watching once I finish the original series? I'm almost done with season 3 right now (at episode 129/224).

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@CyroWolf: It's much darker than the show we got, but there is a distinct lack of children's card games.

CyroWolf

@Redblood801: I saw LittleKuriboh's abridged version of it, so I think I have a general idea of the lack of overly complicated children's card games as compared to green-haired rule-screwers.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

Rave Master, Noein, Tokko, and Prince of Tennis. These have all aired on American TV, but I'm not sure how many people have seen/still remember these. From what I remember, they were all pretty good. Then again, it's been forever since I've seen them.

Deleted user

Planetes. It's a great show, if you like hard science anime if you love realism. It's very adult, so the relationships are realistic, fun to watch and mature.

LaughingMan9

Has anyone ever heard of a show called Future Diary? A kid I know recommended it to me and I can't tell if its worth watching or not. Leaning towards not. Seems like a mix of Death Note and East of Eden.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

@LaughingMan9: I read it all and I liked it. Pretty good if you have the free time to watch it.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

@BreadWolf: RAVE MASTER. Some people only know Hiro Mashima for Fairy Tail but he puts so many references from Rave Master in FT and people don't get them.

Overtoad

Code Lyoko

Overtoad

Teen Titans

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

@Overtoad: I remember that. That used to be the shit when I was younger. Think I might go check that out now since I can fully understand it now.

Jakalarf

madbull 34

Jakalarf

Click to play
Click to play
Click to play

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@MrFozzilla:
Yeah. Honestly considering reading Fairy Tail, but probably gonna watch Rave Master first. Of course, neither is going to happen anytime soon. What really confused me is when I first saw Plue in FT, but knew absolutely nothing about it.

Jakalarf

if you're interested only watch the first one the other 2 repeat things.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

@BreadWolf: Yeah the same happened with my friend. He is watching Fairy Tail but he doesn't get all the little references hidden throughout the show. I do recommend reading it. I'm all caught up and now just waiting for new chapters. I have so much to watch and read but first I need to re-catch up with One Piece. And that will take forever.

Verwind

I'd say Gintama but I think that's actually somewhat known.

Plastic Nee-San
Sket Dance

Denpa Kyoushi is getting an anime soon and if it's anything like the manga it'll be great.

ReservoirDog

@LaughingMan9: Yeah, Mirai Nikki is an excellent anime, although it's really similar to Eden of the East.

You must be signed in to reply.