Sign in

I forgot my password.

What Relgion Do You Follow

Gamechild

I believe in Rhollr-The Lord Of Light.. What about you?

131 Replies

RIP_Krog

@JohnStephen:Very interesting. Hard to say whether I believe it or not, but I certainly would like to.

JohnStephen

@shamanowl:
Apparently, it was a monk who told here, I think Franciscan, Brother Richard something.

RIP_Krog

@JohnStephen:Well it's definitely a cool story. I will probably end up telling people I know personally about it.

RIP_Krog

I just read through all of this. From what I can tell it is predominantly atheism and agnosticism, with a touch of semantic-argumentism.

forcep

BANNED

CHAT Image

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@JohnStephen: That story about Lucifer only comes from the show Supernatural.

In Islam, however, the demonization of the jinni Iblis is because he refused to bow towards human beings, though it is debated whether this is out of love for god or pride of himself. (Note that Muslims don't believe in Lucifer, since Lucifer, or Helel Benshachar, is an angel and angels have not a will separate from Allah. As such, Iblis is viewed as a jinni, as well as separate from Lucifer.)

But the Yezidi actually believe that Shaytan, or who they call Melek Ta'us because they refuse to use the name Shaytan in fear Muslims will prosecute/murder them, was rewarded for refusing to bow to man, since he is considered a manifestation of god itself and as such shouldn't bow to anything.

aStingyMiser

@JohnStephen:
Pulled out my dictionary for this one (this is abridged, mind you).

1 : the personal commitment to and serving of a God or gods with worshipful devotion, conduct in accord with divine commands esp. as found in accepted sacred writings or declared by on true believers, and typically the relating of oneself to an organized body of believers 2 : the state of a religious 3 a: one of the systems of faith and worship : a religious faith b : the servances and social practices found within a given cultural context 4 : the profession or practice of religious beliefs : religious observances 5 archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS, FIDELITY 6 a: a personal awareness or conviction of the existence of a supreme being or of supernatural powers or influences controlling one's own, humanity's, or all nature's destiny b : the access of such an awareness or conviction accompanied by or arousing reverence, gratitude, humility, the will to obey or serve : religious experience or insight7 a: a cause, principle, system of tenets held with ardor, devotion, conscientiousness, and faith : a value held to be of supreme importance b : a quality, condition, custom, or thing inspiring zealous devotion, conscientiousness, maintenance, and cherishing

aWSOMN360

How the fuck is this still alive?

aStingyMiser

@AStingyMiser: Now, I suppose that the seventh definitions could be applied to atheism; but not only is that sketchy at best, it also doesn't fit perfectly. Religion, by all the other definitions, refers to reverence to a spiritual being. Atheism is the disbelief, and therefore lack of reverence to, a spiritual being; it's the un-religion. White isn't considered to be a shade of black.

Oh, and religion doesn't have a "flexible" definition. There's no such thing. The fun thing about definitions is that they're definite.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@aWSOMN360: RELJUUN.

aWSOMN360

@SpongeyGString: CALL YUR BIBL, SPIN SPIN SPIN.

JohnStephen

@FappingBlackGuy:
Yeah, that's why I said to ignore it.

JohnStephen

@AStingyMiser:
Then religion doesn't have a definition I guess. I don't think I ever said it had a "flexible definition".

RIP_Krog

I find it amusing that nobody is Mormon.

aStingyMiser

@shamanowl: Same could be said of Zoroastrians.

aStingyMiser

@JohnStephen: My mistake, but you've said similar. And it does have a definition. It's that excessively long post I made.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@aWSOMN360: DOOD TEH DEVL IZ WER ITS AT.

JohnStephen

@AStingyMiser:
For each of those "definitions", there's at least one religion that contradicts it. Religion is not defined.

aWSOMN360

@SpongeyGString:

CHAT Image

Miser_Reborn

jesus

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@Miser_Reborn: dat buump.

Parks

Ass To Ass

@M4xwell: dat unnecessary bump.

Insanity_Trials

Whisper Kick

Huh. This happened about a month before I showed up, and I just read through a lot of it. I'm impressed by CHAT that there was no fighting really. At least not the sort of common internet hooligans. Made me like this place that much more.

ltayl1

I never posted in this thread. Huh.
Well I was raised under protestant Christianity and I follow the same beliefs. I'm not really all that outgoing with the whole witnessing type thing though.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

Praise the sun.

BigPaul2

i am a minion of all mighty ug-thok lord of snakes, and deity of all creation. he is a fake god i created one day back in high school when i was in ISS all day. even wrote down some commandments. one of my favourites is commandment #4 "Don't take peoples shit." though commandment #2 is also good. "Dont be an asshole." there are 23 and a half commandments in all. most are ridiculous.

ADashofRainbow

@Redblood801:
#justpraise
#420praiseit

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@BigPaul2: Sounds like some Damballah Weddo shit to me.

Shannon

Queen

Im not part of a religion but I don't claim any of them are wrong, as they all usually have the same basic moral - don't be an asshole. I also don't follow a religion because I follow the mind set of 'I'll figure it out when I'm dead'.

FunkSoulBrotha

Replying to OP: Christian (Protestant) because it's better to choose to love God, not be forced to

Xflasher

CHAT Image
http://gabegaming.com/
Maaaaaaaay gaben have mercy on yo souls!

You must be signed in to reply.