Sign in

I forgot my password.

What Relgion Do You Follow

Gamechild

I believe in Rhollr-The Lord Of Light.. What about you?

131 Replies

Carlsbean

BANNED

What's a relgion? Is that like a railgun?

Nick.Boyer

Relgion. Hmm...

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

Railgun? The ones on the back of a Broadside Battlesuit.
Religion? Atheist.

JohnStephen

This thread could escalate quickly...

Reaver

Nothing. I fear for this chat though, everyone will be arguing with one another I can just feel it.

Nate

BANNED

Odin
CHAT Image

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@Reaver: As long as it stays in the thread and is all well constructed arguments (neither of which are likely to happen) I don't see any problem with a bit of debate. I won't be taking part so it doesn't bother me.

bigteddybear93

I'm a christian .... I guess
I don't know
Hail Stan?

Reaver

@SpongeyGString:
Your profile.. Gif I guess? Is fucking amazing.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@Reaver: Thanks, I try my best.

Deadlyparasite1

BANNED

LOL RELIGON

aWSOMN360

Replying to OP: I plead the fifth.

Alacaie

i have no religion, i'm agnostic.

Reaver

So far so good.

Reaver

As in no fights

Deadlyparasite1

BANNED

@Reaver: I don't think this place could get into an argument about religion. But, as long as people don't shove it in my face, i'm fine.

aWSOMN360

@Reaver: Thats because nobodies really put a religion.

ghostface

Reference

agnostic

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

CHAT Image

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@Nate: That's because ice giants live in Niflheim, dumbass.

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

Devout Satanist.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

CHAT Image

Parks

Ass To Ass

Christian.

MLPZoomity

Atheist

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@MLPZoomity: Really, what kind?

Badumtish.

• +1
Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@FappingBlackGuy: Allow me.
Click to play

Bello6

That one cool religion thats best

aWSOMN360

@Bello6: sou youre atheist.

prodocol

FOR ALLAH

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@aWSOMN360: Atheism isn't a religion it's a lack of one. Much like a vacuum isn't a thing, it's a lack of {insert fluid/solid here}.

Goddamn code meant I had to use the shitty squiggly brackets not the arrows grr....

aWSOMN360

@SpongeyGString: I know that, i was making the joke that no religion is cool.

forcep

BANNED

@Nate:Shout out to Norse Mythology

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@forcep: Blatantly pretentious Norse mythology.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@forcep: Shout out to that image of Odin being from the game Age of Mythology.

TheOnlyHuman

Absolutely nothing.

JiffyLoob

Christian.

aWSOMN360

Click to play

ReservoirDog

I'm a pastafarian.

Nate

BANNED

@FappingBlackGuy:
Can't take a joke-ology? I'm Atheist.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

Click to play

To answer this question accurately, Roman Catholic.

ItalianBadger

@M4xwell: I as well

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@italianbadger:
CHAT Image

JohnStephen

@italianbadger:
@M4xwell:
Roman Catholicism is best Catholicism!

CyroWolf

Thor. No, Loki. No, Cthulu. No, FSM. No, it has to be the only true god... The Porcelain God.

(Actual serious answer: atheist.)

deadshadow

foking furry

i rebel against the flock as i am practicer of freedom

darkjungle

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Shannon

Queen

Agnostic. I'll figure it out when Im dead.

I'm definitely spiritual but I've looked at a few religions and find for the most part that they are only good for making bad people understand basic morals that most people understand from birth. To choose one religion that makes full and complete sense to me would be impossible, I can't even decide between monotheism and polytheism.

DashingRainbow

Replying to OP:
you fucking Red piece of shit, the Old Gods are the true gods

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@Nate: Take can't my cock-ology up your tight assology? I'm john wayne gaytheist.

aprecursor

I'll be agnostic until being a snow is acceptable. Why John why!?

aStingyMiser

@BreadWolf: Beat it to me, fucker.

WarOnErrorism

None

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@WarOnErrorism: Thanks for that. Are you agnostic or atheist, as "none" could mean either of those.

aStingyMiser

@SpongeyGString: Technically, there are other things he could be; pantheistic, certain types of Buddhist, etc. But it's most likely that he's atheist and/or agnostic, so I'll stop talking.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@AStingyMiser: Types of Buddhism? Wat? Surely if you are part of a religion you don't not belong to one.

aStingyMiser

@SpongeyGString: Sorry, what? I'll explain what I meant by that, and hopefully answer whatever question that was. Secular Buddhism refers to people who follow the teachings of Buddha in a rationalist, human way, without supernatural mumbo-jumbo mixed in. They're just as nonreligious as agnostics and atheists.

JohnStephen

I'm actually an ordained Dudeist minister, I'm part of the Church of the Latter day dude.

(actually, this is grounds for excommunication from the Catholic Church, and while I don't really follow it, it's nice to be part of it in a country that was once practically governed by it)

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@AStingyMiser: But they are a sect of Buddhism and thus belong to a religion.

aWSOMN360

@SpongeyGString: Thats like saying i follow the word of Martin Luther King Jr. is a religion.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@aWSOMN360: No, Martin-Luther-King-jr.ism isn't a religion. Buddhism is.

Nice grammar by the way

aStingyMiser

@JohnStephen: Awesome. Freakin' amazing.

aWSOMN360

@SpongeyGString: But Buddha was a real person, following the word of a real person isnt a religion until you start thinking that they are super-natural.

JohnStephen

@aWSOMN360:
You realise religions don't have to have a supernatural connection? There are atheist religions. Look at the Mayans who worshiped the Sun. They didn't worship a deity connected to the Sun, they worshiped the physical Sun in the sky. They're atheists, but it's a religion.

aStingyMiser

@SpongeyGString: Ever watch V for Vendetta? With the guy (I think his name was Gordon) who secretly kept a Quran not because he was a Muslim, but because he liked the poetry within it? It's liked that. It's like saying you're a Christian if you go to church. I've gone, I've respected the rules, policies, and whatever-else-have-yous within, but that didn't mean I converted. It's just not being an asshole.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@aWSOMN360: That's not the definition of a religion. Scientology is a legitimate (though somewhat strange) religion in America and that doesn't follow any deities (unless it does but I don't think it does).

aStingyMiser

@JohnStephen: Technically, it refers to superhuman entities. So it does have a supernatural connection. But it doesn't mean that supernatural entity has to be a god.

aWSOMN360

@JohnStephen: But they worship the sun. Following the teachings of another person isn't worshiping them.

aStingyMiser

@SpongeyGString: Right. All rectangles are not squares, and all supernatural entities are not gods.

aWSOMN360

@AStingyMiser: But all Deities are Supernatural, or at least claim to or are believed to be.

aStingyMiser

@aWSOMN360: Exactly. And all squares are rectangles.

aStingyMiser

@aWSOMN360: Just as all rectangles are parallelograms, and all supernatural entities, from gods to ghosts to unicorns to bigfoot, are fake.

• +1
aWSOMN360

@AStingyMiser: And for that you get a bit.

aStingyMiser

@aWSOMN360: HUZZAH! I'm up to 1!

JohnStephen

@AStingyMiser:
That is one definition of religion, yes. But the term "religion" itself is very, very loose. A religion can simply be a philosophy that is followed by a large group, it all depends. This is why there's still ongoing debate on whether Atheism is a religion. It's very hard to define.

aStingyMiser

@JohnStephen: There's a debate, yes. But that doesn't mean that no one is wrong.

KrazyHips

Rastafarian.

JohnStephen

@AStingyMiser:
Yes, but we don't know who is.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@JohnStephen: They can both be right, as atheists are both a group of people believing the same thing (a religion) and by definition it is the absence of religion. Whether or not it is a religion is pretty much up to which you think it is.

TL;DR: In a way, atheism is both a religion and not a religion at the same time.

WarOnErrorism

@SpongeyGString: Atheist

JohnStephen

@SpongeyGString:
I like to look at like this; Atheism is an Atheist religion. Because there are people who follow Atheism like a religion, people who write books and such about Atheism. Hell, look at this thread for example. There are others who just don't believe in a God and don't follow a religion.

I probably made an ass of my point, but oh well.

Deleted user

I'm Christian
By the way I'M BACK BITCHES

aStingyMiser

@JohnStephen: I'm assuming you would consider collecting stamps a hobby?

(Socratic Method time, friends; anyone can answer, really.)

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@deadshadow:

CHAT Image

aStingyMiser

nvrmnd

aStingyMiser

@SpongeyGString: I guess, but just look at the etymology of the word. "A" means not, and "theism" would mean any kind of religious body. In any sense, it's not a religion.

JohnStephen

@AStingyMiser:
Look at the Tasmanian Devil, with that name he should be a devil, correct?

We are suggesting separating the majority of atheists who just don't believe in a God like myself from the people who go around preaching the word of Atheism.

For a lot of these people, having no religion is a religion to them.

Gamechild

@DashingRainbow: Stannis will come with ships and soldiers and take kings landing or he will fail again but the second one wont happen because the red woman say we will win

Gamechild

@FappingBlackGuy: I hope he does... I hope he does

luffxan

Sith :) best religion ever

KorporalKitty

PAM

I believe in the heart of the cards

aStingyMiser

@JohnStephen: Preaching doesn't make it a religion. I could preach to you about recycling, that doesn't make me anything more than an environmentalist.

RIP_Krog

Man, I'm almost afraid to say my beliefs for once.

aStingyMiser

@shamanowl:
TELL US.
*prepares to stone to death*

RIP_Krog

Welp, I was raised to believe in the Christian understanding of God. However, as I studied religions more and more, I began to believe that there is more to God than what Christianity teaches. Looking through multiple religious doctrines, one will start to notice certain archetypes and similarities. That sort of thing has led me to believe that there definitely is a God, or at the very least, a power that we can only currently understand as God. I don't think that any one understanding of the word "God" is inherently different from another understanding of the concept. Essentially God or even multiple Gods are generally viewed as benevolent rulers of the universe. Therefore, I believe my religion of choice falls most closely under "pantheism". However, I like to think there is a bit more to my beliefs than that definition offers. I certainly hope that made as much sense as it did in my head.

Gamechild

@shamanowl: Wow! nice to hear someone actually studies their religion than blindly following it

JohnStephen

@AStingyMiser:
There's a difference between preaching about recycling and preaching atheism. It all depends on what you believe the meaning of the word "religion" is, a term for which there's no strict meaning.

@shamanowl:
There's a story I think I've told at least 3 times on CHAT, the one about the boy with the "imaginary" friend, did you see the story? It's kind of related to what you are saying, which makes sense.

RIP_Krog

@Gamechild:I study it because it's actually very interesting. My beliefs are the aftermath.

@JohnStephen:Can't say I've heard that story.

JohnStephen

@shamanowl:
After a little searching I found it, keep in mind that it's copy and pasted from another forum that I posted it on, hence the mention of statuses.

Here it is

JohnStephen

Also, just ignore the very last part. I got it very wrong. Fucking mistranslated, this is why you shouldn't play fucking telephone with a Holy Book.

You must be signed in to reply.