Sign in

I forgot my password.

Equestria Girls thoughts

MLP_JoshF

I'm very skeptical on it. There are only a few ways this can be done right, if any, and so many ways it can be done wrong, but if anyone can pull it off, it's the staff at MLP. What're your guys' thoughts on it.

169 Replies

M4xwell

Insanitarium

He's not here.....whew.

I think it will be another generic movie.

Neal

ROLF

Without seeing the trailer I say the idea is only worth a television movie or straight to DVD. And the only hype they seem to get is bronies. Which is the best way to get us to know about it.

Bluemander

To me(I don't care about the show), it's just a furry fan-service.

MLP_JoshF

@M4xwell: While I feel that this may be the case, I still feel like there is some hope even after Brad or whatever the hell you want to call the generic love interest. Hopefully Meghan McCarthy can deliver. I mean if anyone can do it, it'd be her.

MLP_JoshF

@Neal: You should really check out the trailer

shenmoki

BANNED

Man, fuck that shit

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@shenmoki: Scat? Whatever floats yer boat...

DashingRainbow

I doubt it will be good, seeing them as humans ruins the "fun" of the show, if I wanted to watch Bratz or fuckin Barbie I would

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@DashingRainbow: How many bronies (in %) do you believe will be there?

MLP_JoshF

@shenmoki: I mean MLP taught me to give something a shot before I judge it, so I'm still gonna see it, but my thoughts towards it before seeing it are very indecisive if not a little negative.

DashingRainbow

@M4xwell:
be where?

MLP_JoshF

@M4xwell: Hopefully more than little girls watching it with their parents, so I don't look like a pedophile.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@DashingRainbow: in the theatres.

DashingRainbow

@M4xwell:1%

MLP_JoshF

@DashingRainbow: Don't say that. I don't want to look weird watching it in theatres.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@MLP_JoshF:

Eh, i am going with my mates to do a MST3K in the theatres.

MLP_JoshF

@M4xwell: Wish I had friends willing to see it in theatres. I've told them that if we go together that it won't be that weird, but they're resisting.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@MLP_JoshF:

We can all be dickheads, so it works.

DashingRainbow

@MLP_JoshF:
I think most bronies feel that way

MLP_JoshF

I'm still gonna go even if its by myself. I mean YOLO, right?

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@MLP_JoshF: who knows, maybe we live nearby and we can share the pain.....bullshit.

MLP_JoshF

@M4xwell: What makes it worse is that It's not in my local theatre, and I have to drive about 30 minutes away to see a movie that I'm skeptical about by myself. But I mean, YOLO, right?

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@MLP_JoshF: Yeah, of course. YOLO

MLP_JoshF

@M4xwell: Exactly

shenmoki

BANNED

@MLP_JoshF: I UNDERSTAND NOW!! HASBRO CREATED MLP FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO MAKE EQUESTRIA GIRLS! NOW! THEY KNEW FANS WOULDN'T LIKE IT SO THEY MAKE FIM TO TEACH PEOPLE TO WATCH SOMETHING BEFORE THEY JUDGE IT SO THEY HAVE MORE CUSTOMERS! FUCK YOU HASBRO YOU BRAINWASHING FUCKKK!!!

MLP_JoshF

@shenmoki: Never thought of it like that...

shenmoki

BANNED

@MLP_JoshF: Okay i was overreacting intentionally but you can't deny it's kind of a good point... AND they would make some people lose faith in the show with season 3 so they would turn to Equestria Girls to see if it would change anything...

Deleted user

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

MLP_JoshF

@shenmoki: I personally had nothing against season 3. For my reasons why, just look up Digibrony's video on it. Explains it well. You just need to get over the fact that when he shows his face, it looks like he has donkey teeth.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@MadBadCoyote:
huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

shenmoki

BANNED

@MLP_JoshF: Okay, but in general people seem to dislike season 3.

Deleted user

@MLP_JoshF:
looking up to digibrony is not advised

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: He may have the mouth of a donkey, but he does raise valid points.

Deleted user

@MLP_JoshF:
no no no. I was referring to his points.

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: I did legitimately enjoy the season 3 finale, but Digibrony does take that a tad far. He literally sucks the dick of M.A. Larson in his review. It really should've been two parts

Eddie

@MLP_JoshF:
Hey you're new here some I'm going to give you some advice.
MadBad hates MLP and Mass Effect, and if there is ever a conversation/argument about it he is very stubborn. There is no point trying to sway his opinion or disagree with him. Just ignore it.

darkjungle

It'll be good. Give it a chance

MLP_JoshF

@Eddie: Thanks man for the advice. I figured that after a few replies, but I'm using him to bring up some of my opinions. Kind of a dick move, I know, but I don't want to start a new thread with each different opinion of mine.

Deleted user

@Eddie:
I was referring to digibrony, nothing more.

i dont know what i did to make you mad. Whatever it was, I'm sorry.

FlygonNick

I liked season 3, it was just too short. The Alicorn Twilight thing didn't ruin it for me, if anything it just made me curious as to what angle they're trying to come from for next season.

deadshadow

foking furry

not sure if i wanna watch it

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: You didn't make me mad, you just came off as a bit trolly.

FlygonNick

Oh, and Equestria Girls looks...well, dumb. I'll watch it just to give it a chance, but I know it's going to be painful to watch.

MLP_JoshF

@FlygonNick: I agree with you on season 3, but I'm not as harsh on EG as you are

Deleted user

@MLP_JoshF:
I apologize if i do. this subject is something that kinda hurts to talk about.

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: It is for a lot of people. I'd like this thread to be more open-minded, but then I realized that I'm on the Internet. People are going to be biased. Such is the way of the Internet.

Deleted user

@MLP_JoshF:
well. it's a little more than EG for me. but for me to explain all that would require a skype chat

people don't seem to like me after i explain in public

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

It can be any worse than Problem Solvers.

MLP_JoshF

@Redblood801: lol

deadshadow

foking furry

i think the plot will be sub par from the trailer

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: Just say it, we're not in public, and I'm a nice enough guy to hear out your opinion.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@MLP_JoshF: Yeah, it's only the internet. What's the worst we can do? Spam you?

Wait...

Deleted user

@MLP_JoshF:
no. not here.
people always yell when i say it here

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: We can't yell, we're in a chat room. It's YOUR opinion, so just say it, this is the perfect place for it. Unless it's unrelated.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@MadBadCoyote: We can only caps.

MLP_JoshF

@Redblood801: imma hack ur azzzz bichhhesssss. Just had to quote the hardcore badasses that go around and say they're gonna hack you.

MLP_JoshF

@Redblood801: with angry faces

deadshadow

foking furry

@MadBadCoyote: i won't yell

Deleted user

@MLP_JoshF:
no. it's just a bit long

FlygonNick

@MLP_JoshF.
I don't really have a harsh opinion of it, its just the trailer didn't really do it for me. I mean I'll watch it, but I know I won't like it nearly as much as the show. That's all.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@MLP_JoshF: Why would you hack my azz?

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: don't worry, this thread is only on the front page right now, so I promise it will be private. Oh and forget about length, I got all day

MLP_JoshF

@FlygonNick: and I respect that. I just hope that you won't ditch it entirely and now watch it at all and just blindly hate on it.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@MLP_JoshF: Inconsiderate asshole, it's night over here.

Nah, I'm just joshing, but it really is night.

Deleted user

@MLP_JoshF:
I write it, post it somewhere else, then link it here when i'm done

MLP_JoshF

@Redblood801: it is here too, but just for those who stumble across this thread later, I said day

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: Whatever man, but there really is no need to be this secretive about it

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@MLP_JoshF: *Mike* Ooooooooooooooohhhh.

MLP_JoshF

@Redblood801: Oh... I see how it is...

FlygonNick

Nah, I'll give it a shot. Hell, I gave MLP a shot and three seasons later I'm debating Equestria Girls. lol. And if it does suck in the end, then oh well, at least I can look forward to Season 4. I'm not going to let a spin-off show ruin MLP for me. And who knows, it might turn out to be good.

MLP_JoshF

@FlygonNick: That's the spirit!

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@FlygonNick: Still never seen the show.

MLP_JoshF

@FlygonNick: You do know that it's a movie, right? Not a show

FlygonNick

Well then, Equestria Girls probably won't do anything for you then, will it?

MLP_JoshF

@FlygonNick: Was that directed towards me or @Redblood801?

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@MLP_JoshF: Most likely me.

MLP_JoshF

@Redblood801: But no one has seen it, It hasn't come out yet.

FlygonNick

RedBlood, and yeah, I know.

FlygonNick

I wish the stupid CHAT would automatically update when someone comments. Come on Mike, get your sh!t together.

FlygonNick

I didn't realize I had said show, whoops.

shenmoki

BANNED

@FlygonNick: I agreee!

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@FlygonNick: Boy is your face red.

MLP_JoshF

@FlygonNick: I have to agree with that too. I mean come on Mike.

Deleted user

@MLP_JoshF:
i just lose friends when i say it here. not going to take that chance again.

still typing it.

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: This is the Internet, you're not losing any real life friends over an opinion on the Internet

FlygonNick

I need some ice chips, my face is so red right now.

Equestria Girls?
  1. Awesome
  2. Sucks
  3. To be Decided.

Poll has been closed.

FlygonNick

I guess my final answer is I hope it'll be good, if it isn't...oh well. We'll have to wait and see. Is comes out soon, right?

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@FlygonNick: What flavor do you want?
CHAT Image

MLP_JoshF

@FlygonNick: To be decided definitely. The trailer doesn't matter in comparison with the movie. I mean just look at Dredd, the trailer sucked, but the movie was really good.

Deleted user

@MLP_JoshF:
Internet friends are real. They matter to me.

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: Fuck dude, you've been typing that for like half an hour now. You don't need to type a damn novel to get your opinion across.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@MLP_JoshF: Let's see where he goes with it.

Deleted user

@MLP_JoshF:
I'm a bit slow. Sorry

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: Okay, not to be an asshole, but you need to stop taking things people say about you on the Internet the wrong way. I mean if everyone on 4chan was that way, the Internet would be a much different place. Don't take everything so literally.

CyroWolf

I seem to have gotten to this late, but I'll go through my opinions on each thing.

I have not seen the trailer, but I will give it a chance before saying anything for or against it. However, I will not go to the theaters to see it.

Also, S3 was perfectly fine. A bit short, but still. I didn't care for the finale, and as someone else said, it did seem to need 2 episodes.

MLP_JoshF

@MadBadCoyote: again, not trying to be a jerk, just saying that you shouldn't take what people say on the Internet so seriously.

FlygonNick

@MadBadCoyote: Just say it man. And I'll be honest, I did know that you could buy ice chips. WTF? XD

MLP_JoshF

@CyroWolf: That was me, and thanks for your input. I'd like to get a general idea about what the fandom thinks of this. I would've done one on the S3 finale, but there are probably hundreds of those.

FlygonNick

S3 Finale did need two episodes. It seemed a little rushed, but all in all it was alright. The songs in it were really damn good, particularly the one in the beginning.

MLP_JoshF

@FlygonNick: A True, True Friend gives me fucking chills that's how good it is. It's probably my second favourite song in the show behind Smile, Smile, Smile.

You must be signed in to reply.