Sign in

I forgot my password.

Pokemon Stories.

Deadlyparasite1

BANNED

Alright. So, got black 2 and wanted to hear some stories / encounters you guys have had. (Does not have to be from just Black 2/White 2 Just post encounters you have had in your "Career")

81 Replies

CyroWolf

Shiny Zapdos in SoulSilver. Greatest moment in my 13 years of playing the games.

DashingRainbow

I spent half my child hood leveling up my Blastoise in fire red, and got it up to lv100 and still have it

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

Never found a shiny. And I've done so many soft resets.

Deadlyparasite1

BANNED

I found a shiny once. Guess what it was? A FUCKING WINGULL.

JiffyLoob

I caught a shiny Gyarados once.

CyroWolf

Total shinies I've had were Zapdos, Wingull, Sentret, Unown, Gyarados, and Poliwhirl.

Neal

ROLF

I found a shiny Poochyena after I had like level 60s in Sapphire. Then my visiting cousin ripped it out of my hands and said let me try and killed it. I was so mad.

CyroWolf

@JiffyLoob: Shout out to the Lake of Rage.

Deadlyparasite1

BANNED

I believe I've caught other shinys before. Not sure. But I remember getting PISSED at finding a shiny wingull.

DashingRainbow

I've never seen a shiny before but my brother wasted my masterball on a tentacool lv11

Deadlyparasite1

BANNED

@DashingRainbow: That blows.

LaughingMan9

This one time I clicked some highlighted text until something died. The end.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@CyroWolf:

Well, I did catch that  shiny.

But that doesn't count, obviously.

DashingRainbow

@Deadlyparasite1:
yeah I wanted to kill him

shenmoki

BANNED

I bought a used Silver cartridge at gamestop. It still had a guy's save on it. Apparently he was named Carl and he was amazing. No Shinies. :/

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

Oh man do I have a story. When I was playing Crystal, I was trying to catch the Red Gyrados. I had used all but one of my pokeballs, I only had one pokemon left, the Gyrados had a tiny sliver of health left, as did my Tauros. I hadn't saved in a long time, it was all down to this last throw, all or nothing. I threw the Pokeball, and being the dumb kid I was did that mash the A and B buttons thing. One twitch, still mashing those buttons. Second twitch, the sweat is starting to show. Third twitch, my thumbs are a bright red from the mashing. And then... click! I Caught that god damn Gyrados and headed straight towards the Pokemon Center. I healed up, saved, and was happy for the rest of the day.

DashingRainbow

@Redblood801:
that was beautiful!

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@DashingRainbow: And it was all true.

DashingRainbow

@Redblood801:
it's so touching!

prodocol

This one time I only beat the games through the elite four and didn't go any further because it takes too long.

EDIT: AND THIS ONE TIME I LOST MY FUCKING SOULSILVER CARTDRIGE

Brooks

First shiny pokemon was a rattata, then a nincada, then an arceus. Well that escalated quickly.

Fapplejakks

i got a shiny wurmple once. I didn't catch it because it was a wurmple.

Deadlyparasite1

BANNED

@Fapplejakks: Welp.

Fapplejakks

@Deadlyparasite1: I was 9!! I didn't know anybetter!

Deadlyparasite1

BANNED

@Fapplejakks: Still. If I was nine I woul- Oh wait. I am nine.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

I actually have another story. In my White 2 game, I spent about 2 hours trying to find a Riolu. After I caught it, you could probably imagine how happy I was. So when I got to Nimbasa City, I decided to get my Pokemon checked out in the subway. I show the guy my Riolu and he says that he has the best IV's you can get. Man, those 2 hours were worth it.

Parks

Ass To Ass

I found a shiny wingule in Ruby once.

forcep

BANNED

destroying ghost types with sudowoodo

Bio

When i was playing Pokemon Red, when i was about 7 or 8, I caught a Nidorino and saw tht I could give it a nickname. i thought about and named i Horny. Then i went to my mom and said, "Mom look I caught a Nidorino, and gave him a nickname!"
She ased me what i named it and i told her i named him Horny. She looked at me and sai,"You need to change that now."
I asked why and she just looked at me and said, "i'll tell you when you're older."

Ogrelord_Shrek

BANNED

I got so tired of those fucking Zigzagoons in Sapphire.
And I caught the Red Gyrados in Gold, that was pretty beany.

Fapplejakks

Fighting a gengar with my eevee, And the stupid motherfucker uses mean look, except, that the gengar only knows ghost type moves.

ltayl1

Got a Red Gyrados in Gold and spent my entire childhood playing Gen 2, 3 and 4.

sonny88p

Found several shinies, didn't feel the need to catch them
Had pokerus a few times, that is awesome
Beaten so many trainers, collected so many badges
My favourite pokemon game is still silver but now it's just with more soul

Silaninil

The first shiny I ever saw was a shiny hoothoot on my gold emulator I was playing for a let's play, I wasn't paying too much attention to the hoothoot as I was just turbo farming them one night and looked at the screen just in time to see the golden bird fade out as it fainted. Heart crushing night.

aStingyMiser

@JiffyLoob: O i get it.

aStingyMiser

@Deadlyparasite1: Faget I found a shiny Tentacool.

...Actually I also found a Machoke but that's another story.

JohnStephen

I found the Shiny Gyarados, but that's scripted.

My first and only shiny was a Wurmple in Emerald, unfortunately I wasn't given any Pokéballs yet.

Deadlyparasite1

BANNED

@AStingyMiser: A TENTAcool?

aStingyMiser

@JohnStephen: HA.
I mean
aww.

Fapplejakks

@AStingyMiser: so much for leaving CHAT huh?

SerpentHawk

I caught Pokerus on my Sceptile one time in Emerald. Fighting Team Magma in Lavridge, I believe. At the time I was a kid, so I had no fucking clue what was going on. I told my friends that I got poisoned and burned at the same time through some weird glitch. I zoomed through Nurse Joy's little monologue as per usual, but it was different (as is the case when you have a party Pokemon with Pokerus) and all I caught was basically my Pokemon was dead. I freaked out and restarted from my last save. I believed my Sceptile had been killed through some freak game glitch until almost 8 years later I read about Pokerus. I regret that moment more than any fucking decision I've ever made in my young life.

forcep

BANNED

@SerpentHawk:lol, we just end up fucking ourselves

Shannon

Queen

Caught a dunsparce in the dark cave in heartgold. A 5% encounter rate. first pokemon I encountered entering dark cave. Never seen it before so I googled it after capturing it. It's the best story I have.

forcep

BANNED

@19nonnahs93:Caught it in a swarm in silver

I've only caught/encountered one shiny pokemon, and even though it is my favourite pokemon, it is the worst shiny. I had caught an Absol and as you might know, they are red. And I had always liked Absol because it was a pure dark pokemon but the red just made it look weird, so I was mad yet happy because at least the only shiny pokemon I had ever encountered was my favourite

I've only caught/encountered one shiny pokemon, and even though it is my favourite pokemon, it is the worst shiny. I had caught an Absol and as you might know, they are red. And I had always liked Absol because it was a pure dark pokemon but the red just made it look weird, so I was mad yet happy because at least the only shiny pokemon I had ever encountered was my favourite.

DashingRainbow

MinJabe24:
Absol is pretty legit

FlygonNick

Not sure what my first shiny was, but I would have to say it was a shiny Oddish and Tentacool in FireRed, which was later erased my to my EXTREME annoyance. I also recently managed to run into a shiny Patrat on my most recent replay of Black 2. I was smiling for the whole day. Those are pretty much all of my legit shinies, I have a lot of shinies that I got off some Asian kid who had an action replay and way to much time. XD

Is this statement racist?
  1. Yes

Poll has been closed.

FlygonNick

And I caught the Patrat before fighting Cheren. I was just leveling up my Pokémon in the grass. :D

JohnStephen

I've actually had a lot of Shinies, just not legit.

aStingyMiser

I'm gonna fucking kill myself now; saw a shiny Solosis without Pokeballs.

SpartanWarrior4

Got my Pokémon to Level 100

Arcanine

I'm the best Pokemon.

Arcanine

CHAT Image

Arcanine

BOOM

forcep

BANNED

Beat the Elite 4 in pearl w/ lvl 50 pokemon, first try, no soft resets

cannonofdoom

Superannuate

I got all 151 Pokemon in the original Red & Blue. Even got Mew at an event. Then my cousin deleted my save game. I died inside that day.

Shannon

Queen

@cannonofdoom: And your cousin physically died that day right?

JohnStephen

@cannonofdoom:
And this is why we have the obnoxious button combination to clear a saved game today.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

In Pokemon White 1 I caught Zekrom without hurting it, first try with a great ball. Never used him but that was awesome. Also, I found my stash of older pokemon games and moved all my favourites from them to white 2. And my last story has to do with the pokewalker that came with HG and SS. Two save files ago I caught a Scyther on HG. And since I already had my full chosen team (all my favourites of those two gens AND my shiny growlithe which is now in my white 2 PC c:) I put him on the pokewalker. Now a year later I found it and the Scyther is still on it. But he is trapped and has to stay there because he is from two save files ago and it will delete him. So now I keep him alive on there as a little virtual poke pet thing.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

Damn that was long.

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

Once my brother died and he left me his favourite version of Pokemon yellow. But when I started playing, I realized immediately it wasn't a normal version of Pokemon yellow. Pikachu was nowhere to be seen. Except when you did see him. You'd turn a corner and on the screen move, there he'd be. His fur all disheveled, his eyes crazy, and his mouth oozing blood. And the sky was a crimson red, like blood red, and all the textures were a distorted blackish version of all their normal colors.

And then Pikachu raped Gary Oak in the ass with a knife and Ash threw up and choked to death on his own vomit and text appeared on the screen saying... "I'm right behind you".

A day after that, I committed seppuku.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

@FappingBlackGuy: Jesus.

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@MrFozzilla: Figured I'd make up some cheap, shitty creepypasta if no one else did already.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

@FappingBlackGuy: It escalated pretty quickly. I read the beginning of that somewhere (it was similar at least) only it had a happy end. Did not expect that outcome.

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@MrFozzilla: I just threw together a bunch of dumb creepypasta cliches I heard from Retsupurae videos. I find it pretty amusing that it initially seemed pretty familiar, since I imagine exactly what I made up is probably a real creepypasta somewhere.

CyroWolf

@FappingBlackGuy: It sounds very familiar to the few I read over a year ago. Although I did not see a mention of "hyper-realistic blood."

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@CyroWolf: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

@FappingBlackGuy: Here. I'll give you a reaction since you worked to make the story.

MrFozzilla

the Inactive

CHAT Image

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@MrFozzilla: I didn't work at all. It took like a minute to pull such dumb shit out of my ass.

But that's a lulzy gif.

forcep

BANNED

@MrFozzilla:AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Acetal

My younger brother found a shiny and boy was I jealous. Oh well, lucky him

Pat_RedHawk

i got my first shiny pokemon ever, it was a shelmet

forcep

BANNED

@Acetal :delete his save

Overtoad

Gold Version; trying to catch Ho-oh for hours; probably my twentieth attempt or so; I hand my brother my Game Boy Color, and he runs out of Ultra Balls (I probably had 40 or so in my inventory), so I tell him to just restart, but he runs through the Great Balls and even Poke Balls, and lo! with only three or so left, he catches that fucking glorious bird. I save, but by some weird fluke my game gets glitchy and my Quilava (I never evolve it because just I prefer Quilava's appearance to Typhlosion's) suddenly has Sacred Ash as its item, and Bill's PC is completely wiped.

Mozzla94

@DashingRainbow: ive done the same thing with my charizard :)

Deadlyparasite1

BANNED

This is still a thing?

aStingyMiser

@FappingBlackGuy: Twice my brother died and left me his favourite version of Pokemon, Pokemon Silver. But when I started playing, I realized I don't have a brother.

Overtoad

@FappingBlackGuy:wait... YOU CAN'T SEE THE SKY IN YELLOW VERSION!

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

@Overtoad: Exactly.

You must be signed in to reply.