Sign in

I forgot my password.

Saw this Comment in a news article

rkdq94

"The 'good news' for South Korea is that there are too few US troops present in Korea to screw up the South's military defense and counter-attack against the North. The Koreans on both sides of the DMZ are well aware of the US military's inability to win wars since WWII, and that was a dubious victory since the US turned over most of Eastern Europe and the northern half of the Korean Peninsula to the Communists. My experience serving in Vietnam and in Korea for six years is that the South Korean military is far superior to that of the US military. They are tougher physically, mentally and morally than today's feminized and homosexualized US military. The ROKs have a true purpose for existence - to actually defend their homeland against aggression. The American military, on the other hand, has had had no legitimate purpose since 1945. Americans have been the aggressors in no-win imperialistic wars in Vietnam, Yugoslavia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Yemen, Syria, etc., etc. While none of the wars the US has particpated in since 1945 had anything to do with a threat to US security, the complete opposite is true in regards to an invasion of SK by its northern neighbor. Wars are always lost by the aggressor when there is no legitimate reason for initiating hostilities - that's been the case for the US since 1945. No doubt the US underestimates the effectiveness of NK's military, as it did in 1950 when we dispatched Task Force Smith to whip up on the NK commies. You can be sure that President Pak and her Ministry of Defense will not rely on the US military. She will, if necessary, unleash the full strength of her military to counter any threat from the North. In the meantime, the US forces will be in frenzy mode in its attempt to pack up and load out American dependents from Seoul and Pyeongtaek. Sorry, there won't be any PXs or Burger Kings, or other camp followers to accompany US troops in combat in Korea. I would imagine by the time US commanders gather its troops from the villes, sobers them up, and points out which direction is north, the South Korean military will have everything well in hand."

Thoughts?

57 Replies

JiffyLoob

tl;dr

Cameyjw

It's not just the U.S that would get involved, so it makes the whole article irrelevant.

rkdq94

lol

rkdq94

not to mention the fact the US is bound by treaty to lead the south Koreans anyway

Cameyjw

You can't really compare it to the current war in the middle east either. Seeing as it's not so much a war on a country, but a group that is dispersed over many countries, including Western. A group that is willingly to kill themselves to kill 10 enemies.

North Korea would be crushed. China doesn't even support what they are doing, and China are their biggest allies.

KimmyJ

King Chad

Why doesn't the U.S. just take a note from Best Korea and stay the fuck away from other people? Pull out of all third world shitball countries and let them handle their own shit. I don't get why the U.S. always comes to the aid of others. It's not like we ever get any respect. We can stay in touch with Canada and Mexico, but why do we even bother with the rest of the world? Isolationism my friends, we need to look into it.

rkdq94

I don't see why we let this problem fester on for over 60 years; I get that China's a big factor here, but I say we take our chances. North Korea's been a pain in our asses for too long, and when they fall then we can leave.

deadshadow

foking furry

this is what we should do let people deal with their shit build giant lazers in space should some one try to fuck you blast them to hell from orbit

KimmyJ

King Chad

@rkdq94: I don't know about that, what do you think would be the best way to take them out? Can't use nuclear weapons and a land invasion would be horrific.

KimmyJ

King Chad

Also, I agree with the writer that the average U.S. soldier isn't as tough as a Nork soldier, but we have a fuck ton more technology then they do. We would be fighting Cold War relics with drones in the end.

darksoulguy

just missle every inch of the aggresors home land with non nuclear missles illregardless if there are innocent people we should start making examples out of our enemies

Acetal

@KimmyJ: Once that shale fracking thing gets us self sufficient for oil we can pull out of all those countries we're just helping for oil.

darksoulguy

@Acetal : or you could try other sources of fuel

arikisbeastley

I live in America and I hate it, we're too politically correct and worried about hurting someone's feelings, but we idolize those who are offensive. America is hypocritical and democracy is flawed. Democracy is either rule of the mob or rule of the elite. Right now the elites and appeasing the mob to keep themselves powerful. Those are a few of the reasons America is flawed.

Acetal

@darksoul guy: Yeah but until somebody in the government realizes that oil is finite and we need to research alternate fuels (which I doubt will happen anytime soon) using shale fracking gets us a cheap, efficient source of fuel that we can get from our own country and keep our soldiers from being in foreign hellholes.

deadshadow

foking furry

there is a reason i want to move away from here

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

"hey are tougher physically, mentally and morally than today's feminized and homosexualized US military. "
 Well fuck you too.

arikisbeastley

@BreadWolf: *they (for other people)

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@arikisbeastley:

Yeah. It's a shame I can only edit my post once. In the process of fixing one mistake, I usually create many more.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@KimmyJ:
The US always come to "aid" the other countries because it's part of the american ideology that they are responsible to bring MUH FREEDOM to other countries. Social darwinism, really.

forcep

BANNED

@Acetal :if Obama ever allows the pipeline. he wastes money on "green" energy, but won't allow us to claim an energy source that could help the majority of the population

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@forcep:
I don't get it how investing in green energy is waste, but that might have something to do with those quotes...

KimmyJ

King Chad

@TheXRayFactor: We need an ideology change. They can fend for themselves.

rkdq94

KimmyJ, I think the ideal situation would probably be either a desert storm coalition type of attack, shock and awe, or a Libya type deal where we supply air cover while they attack on the ground. Could get messy, but this shit's been going on for too long.

rkdq94

Also I'd like to leave all those other countries alone to deal with their own problems. It would just be a very long process to do that, we're bogged down too deep to just up and leave. People bitch about fracking, but I would totally be fine with that and reindustrialization hurting the environment as a short term solution to make us self-sufficient again. Then research green technology and alternative fuel sources.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@rkdq94:
The US will never be self-sufficient.

That applies for all countries, as a matter of fact. Unless all the 200 countries in the world gather around to form a few super-countries, but even then shit would be difficult.

KimmyJ

King Chad

@TheXRayFactor: The U.S. along with Canada and Mexico can get shit done!

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@KimmyJ:
That's the least thing they worry about. Fighting to save the people from the evil menace of authoritarianism in a far away place is just the silly excuse to become indirectly the reigning power over there. And that is because no country would openly go and say "hey America, you guys should stop bombing Libya (for instance), you fuckers", as it would sound like "LOOK AT THAT GUY, HE DOESN'T LIKE FREEDOM".

In other words, the world is fucked.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@KimmyJ:
So... You are joking, right?

KimmyJ

King Chad

@TheXRayFactor: I'm also including places like Haiti where we throw millions of dollars for humanitarian aid, not just places with our military presence. We just need to keep to ourselves and eventually the world can un-fuck itself... Hopefully.

KimmyJ

King Chad

@TheXRayFactor: Huh? There are enough resources in those three countries to sustain ourselves for hundreds of years. I don't see how that is a joke.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@KimmyJ:
Well, if by 'becoming self-sufficient' you mean living in a subpar standard, way worse than it is nowadays, then yes, you are absolutely correct. If by 'becoming self-sufficient' you mean maintaining the quality of life as it is, then no. Despite being one of the major food producers in the world, the US also imports a lot of aliments, so there is that. There wouldn't be any import products, so you would need to produce everything in your own land, which would not only diminish the productive land, as it would also mean a lot more of energy being used - and, as you know, the US isn't self-sufficient in that matter.

You would also need to keep your shit going on despite the current population growth, so not only a lot of power, but also a lot of raw materials. If I remember correctly, the US could be auto sufficient in that matter, but it wouldn't last for long sustaining those three countries.

You might also argue that water would be a problem, if you stretch the concept of 'no importation' so long that you wouldn't be able to take water from the ocean and put it through a desalinization process, so eventually... Yeah.

I'm talking 1984 shit here. The whole american continent. That could get something going.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@TheXRayFactor:
That chapter about history being subjective was fucking amazing. Shoutout to George Orwell.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@BreadWolf:

The one when he reads the book, right? My favourite chapter of all time.

It's a great book. I personally liked Brave New World a little bit more, but they are both incredible must-read books.

KimmyJ

King Chad

@TheXRayFactor: If people want their imported shit so bad then wouldn't businesses sprout up rapidly to supply those goods? Also we've got more productive land as of now then we know what to do with. Food wouldn't be a problem. I'm not saying we should hole up right now without the proper infrastructure to support ourselves without foreign fuel, but once we've got energy production down, why not?

The U.S. couldn't provide raw materials forever, but hey, I did include Canada for a reason.

natehalodragon

@BreadWolf:Cautionary tale works of George Orwell?

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@TheXRayFactor:
I'm talking about when he's being interrogated near the end of the book. "The book" was pretty great, too. Never read Brave New World, but I think I'll get on that.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@KimmyJ:

The problem is not the supply of the goods, but the supply to those who supplies.

And I'm not so sure about Canada having a lot of iron and so on. I did miss that class, however. Fucking videogames.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@BreadWolf:
Oh, right, the interrogation. Damn, everything from the book until the end is incredible. Regarding Brave New World, here is a warning: yes, the first chapter is boring as fuck (although great), but don't let it get on your way.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@natehalodragon:
You know it.

@TheXRayFactor:
I'll keep that in mind.

KimmyJ

King Chad

@TheXRayFactor: Canada is loaded with oil, lumber, iron, and precious metals. It'd make a great place to conquer... low population and a shit ton of resources.

natehalodragon

@KimmyJ:The reason Canada has all that is because they're not us.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@KimmyJ:
I guess I should have watched that class. Now my megalomaniac plan might be flawed!

forcep

BANNED

@TheXRayFactor:it's because the technology is very expensive, and most third world countries can produce the items cheaper, so when we invest in companies they still get driven out of business like solyndra. Finally, nuclear energy is the way of the future, it's way cleaner, and a thumb sized pellet of urnaium can generate more power than a ton of coal

JohnStephen

I think the last time a soldier in the Irish army died while on duty was in about 2004. He was the 86th since 1960.

I just though I'd add this instead of reading this military/politics thread.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@JohnStephen:
Okay... thanks?

JohnStephen

@BreadWolf:
I've been waiting for an excuse to post this.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@JohnStephen:
Oh, alrighty then.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@forcep:
Of course it is expensive, nobody thoroughly researches it. Just take solar energy, for instance. It was expensive as fuck in the past, now it's way more accessible. That's how things work. First, you develop it. When you develop it, the idea is making it to work. Then, you improve. When you improve it, the idea is to make it work more.

But, of course, it will take a while for solar, wind and so on to become cheap enough to be reasonable. And, of course, those solar arrays and etcetera require a huge area, so there's that too.

However, bear in mind that some 'greener' alternatives are already pretty much consolidated, such as biomass in Japan (I might have got the country wrong) and hydro and ethanol in Brazil.

JohnStephen

@BreadWolf:
Also, the Irish were the one's to introduce spaces between words.

Thought I'd squeeze that in there too.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@JohnStephen:
That's pretty sweet. I'm in Latin and I can tell you, that shit is stupid.

JohnStephen

@BreadWolf:
It was because we were a Christian country and needed to be able to read and write Latin, but not in the Roman empire so we had to learn it. Separating the words made it easier and then became what every country did normally.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@JohnStephen:
Yeah, it certainly makes it easier to understand sentences when they're not just a string of letters.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@BreadWolf:
Ibegtodifferactually

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@TheXRayFactor:
WhatthefuckdidyoujustfuckingsayaboutmeyoulittlebitchIllhaveyouknowIgraduatedtopofmyclassintheNavySealsandIvebeeninvolvedinnumeroussecretraidsonAlQuaedaandIhaveover300confirmedkills

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@BreadWolf:
Perfect, just perfect.

Those were the days, man.

darksoulguy

well in terms of energy you can produce it aany where even in your own house when you flush the shitter and you could also layer the sides of building with salor panels yes some of this might be high cost to keep up but did you know that you can sell any excess energy to your local power company

You must be signed in to reply.