Sign in

I forgot my password.

Twilight Sparkle is Changing

Captain_Chaos

Well looks like Twilight is going to become a princess. I have mixed feelings about it and don't really now what to expect. What do you guys think?

158 Replies

aStingyMiser

Replying to Eddie: A winged pegasus? Why, in all my days of watching the show...

Nate

BANNED

Replying to Eddie:
Yeah I hate this new link system it spams the hell out of a thread

Eddie

Replying to AStingyMiser:
lol, I can't believe I put that. I would edit it, but that is such a great fail it needs to stay.

Leisdog

You guys brought this on yourself, Hasbro realized that bronies keep buying toys and watching the show even if it is crap. So it is easier for Hasbro to make bad episodes that people will still watch no matter what than actually spend time and money on good episodes.

aStingyMiser

When was this show a fucking democracy? It's not. If it jumps the shark, it's Hasbro's fault, but it's because they making shitty episodes, not because they REBELLED AGAINST THE FANS. That's like blaming the governor for- well, okay, bad example. The point is, YOU ARE NOT THE GODS OF THE SHOW. YOU ARE ITS FANBASE. Voice your comments, fine, but don't think you have anything close to power.

Deleted user

Replying to AStingyMiser:
well Hasbro is the cause of most of my panic toward this. just sayin. they seem like the bad guys in this situation. definitely not the show's creators.

deadshadow

foking furry

CHAT Image

deadshadow

foking furry

felt that was appropriate

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

Replying to AStingyMiser: CHAT Image

From here on out I'll consider whatever happens in season 4 to be a marketing ploy.

s34n_h

my point of view
CHAT Image

prodocol

Replying to Chenzo:
Someone used my gif!

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

Replying to prodocol: <3

Neal

ROLF

Here is the thing guys you can say nobody is saying anything. But Tara Strong, and many other voice actors are saying that the show won't change much. My guess is that the episode/season 4 ending (if it doesn't happen that episode) is that Twilghit will realize she is not ready and go back to normal. Then it will also show that she will be worthy. Now stop freaking out. We have two weeks and until then and it is no different from another show doing something like this. This doesn't make it a marketing ploy. They make far much more money on the show thanks to Bronies and they would not screw that up. But people act like the writers showed up drunk and high and were just like "HASBRO WANTED A NEW PRINCESS AND THEY WANT THAT PRINCESS TO BE IN THE SHOW MORE AND NOT MAKE A NEW CHARACTER!? WELL INSTEAD OF CADENCE, LUNA, OR ANYTHING ELSE LETS PUT WINGS ON TWILIGHT AND THEN FUCK THE SHOW WE'LL HAVE MONEY!"
By the way that is probably not what happened in case you are worried about that now. We are promised a new season and if the show changes it won't mean a bad change.
P.S. Sorry if this is a repost but I don't have time to read all of the thread. Also I know it is mostly madbadcoyote. from what I have read.

Deleted user

Replying to s34n_h:
I saw that thing on reddit. I explained my opinion better in it's comments here

I'm back to panicking again... Haven't slept well since hearing about it...

I'm still worried :(

aStingyMiser

Replying to Neal: I hadn't even considered that. That's a good point.

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to MadBadCoyote: calm down

Deleted user

Replying to deadshadow:
I've been trying to. It doesn't appear to be working.

I've been really sad all day at school today. It just won't get out of my head
:(

Neal

ROLF

Replying to AStingyMiser: Which point? I made several, I think.

Neal

ROLF

CHAT Image

Captain_Chaos

Replying to Neal: Where? In the windy city?

Eddie

Maybe we should be worried apparently this is how princesses work.
CHAT Image

Deleted user

Replying to Eddie:
I know that's supposed to be funny, but it makes me sad....

JohnStephen

Replying to Eddie: Jesus Christ....

natehalodragon

Yes most of the princesses have no personality but I think that is because most of the princesses on the show are pretty much secondary characters.Twilight however is a main character i don't think they will change her personality or her friendship.

Captain_Chaos

Replying to Eddie: Well all hail Queen Derpy!

Deleted user

Replying to natehalodragon:
That's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried that this change will close off the possibility of exploring Twilight's wonderful strengths and weaknesses in future episodes. I don't want those plot ideas to be replaced with her dealing with being a princess and the problems that can come from that. I think that sounds infinity less interesting and has a unfortunate possibility of taking over a lot of the show.
(i also think that plot idea sounds incredibly dumb. Nothing about this seems like a good idea.)

I've been trying to emotionally detach myself from Twilight. It hurts to look at her right now.

natehalodragon

Replying to MadBadCoyote:The pain is too much!

s34n_h

CHAT Image

Mirado

They already got rid of Derpy. Do they have to ruin Twilight too? Maybe this won't kill the show, but I'm going to be very disappointed if she doesn't change back.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

Replying to s34n_h: ALLOFMYFEELS

Deleted user

Replying to s34n_h:
I appreciate what that picture is trying to tell me, and I commend the artist for doing so.

It's just not helping me. Looking at her like that feels like a permanent reminder of a horrible decision.

natehalodragon

Replying to s34n_h:EXACTLY!

s34n_h

[i]Replying to <a href=topic.php?id=2482

deadshadow

foking furry

i would still bang her just fyi

Captain_Chaos

@s34n_h: ?

s34n_h

@Captain_Chaos: i fucked up

deadshadow

foking furry

i don't see the problem

Captain_Chaos

Well the writers pulled it off I am completely satisfied with Twilights transformation into a princess. Blab it worked out.

ghostface

Reference

I don't understand the reference

Aldriko

Are people really freaking out already? I understand being worried about it but you have no idea where the show is going now, might be cool having Twilight with wings.....plus i hated the episode, not cause Twilight became a princess, but just cause it felt incredibly sloppy and ill put together how they crammed 2 completely different stories into 22 minutes. They could have at least made it an hour long like ever other season

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

I only like the first two seasons of MLP. You know, because season 3 is untrve and I'm too fucking necro to like that shit.

deadshadow

foking furry

i still wanna do her in the butt

RenegadeAngel88

@deadshadow: ok, we get it...

ANYHOOSLE, I think evryone freaking out over nothing. Granted, I'm not as hardcore of a brony as the people who are (apparently) actually losing sleep over all this, but I think it's a great change. I thought the show was getting a little bland/stale with one random event after another with little to no progression of the overall plot. I'm glad to see they're actually going somewhere with the show, and not just cranking out lame stories every week just to say they've done something. I am very much looking forward to seeing what they do from here.

RenegadeAngel88

Also, I don't know why there are 2 n's where there should be a new paragraph...

aStingyMiser

@RenegadeAngel88: It's funny because one of our best friends on the site is seriously losing sleep over this.

Deleted user

@AStingyMiser:
Shhhhhhh

deadshadow

foking furry

CHAT Image

Deadlyparasite

BANNED

#Swagyolo

JohnStephen

@RenegadeAngel88:
You've probably figured this out by this point, but reloading the page fixes that.

twilightsparkle

Your all idiots (besides the people that support princess twilight) twilight sparkle has become an alicirn so what you haven't seen the episodes to come so you don't know what they are going to do with it so shut your stupid face. Twilight number 1 fluttershy number 2

twilightsparkle

Alicorn* stupid auto correct.

deadshadow

foking furry

@twilightsparkle: hi newbe meet me behind the dumpster at denny's

Wario

@deadshadow: Gotta get his lumps.

Deleted user

@twilightsparkle:
Don't be mean. It's just an opinion.

I'm just worried. The fact that it felt tacked on and didn't have anything to do with the episode it was in didn't help either.

I wish this thread would go away now.

s34n_h

I think they played it off pretty well...

Captain_Chaos

@s34n_h: Agreed

s34n_h

time to double the length of this thread...
CHAT Image

deadshadow

foking furry

so this is still alive and i still don't care she changed

You must be signed in to reply.