Sign in

I forgot my password.

Twilight Sparkle is Changing

Captain_Chaos

Well looks like Twilight is going to become a princess. I have mixed feelings about it and don't really now what to expect. What do you guys think?

158 Replies

KimmyJ

King Chad

Show is kill.

Nate

BANNED

Replying to KimmyJ:
"show is kill"
"no"

Deleted user

:(

JohnStephen

From the brief amount I've watched, Twilight is worst pony. I hope she gets murdered.

KimmyJ

King Chad

Replying to Nate: I'm glad you understood the reference!

Deleted user

I'm all for character development, but this feels like Hasbro forcing the show to do something just so they can sell toys.

I like Twilight. I really do. And I don't want her be changed just because Hasbro said she should be different.

man, now I'm sad again

prodocol

At least it's nice to know that ponies are mentally retarded when it comes to monarchy.

s34n_h

Replying to prodocol: yea, you right.

Captain_Chaos

Replying to MadBadCoyote: Well I am really disappointed in Hasbro now.

Bello6

She gonna look cool but who knows the episode might be bad

SoralovesKairi

spoiler

Deleted user

"However, this pales into something that came down from above regarding S4"

I'm actually crying now. MLP is one of the few things that makes me happy nowadays

KimmyJ

King Chad

Replying to MadBadCoyote: Don't worry, the Internet Box will be here!

aStingyMiser

Replying to MadBadCoyote: I actually believe that image was largely disproven, but there's new evidence for the Twilicorn thing.

I'm seriously going to un-become a brony if that happens to Twilight.

It's bad enough that the episode quality's downhill, now they're going to lose most of their fanbase.

OH, LAUREN FAUST, WHY DID YA HAVE TA GO.

Captain_Chaos

Replying to MadBadCoyote: I'm really sad, Twilight is my favourite pony and if Hasbro messes this up I will be furious! But if it turns out ok then that's that it will all be in the past . Best case scenario Twilight gives up here new form to save everypony.

Bello6

Yeah this is kinda sad kinda why I like seeing shows end before a lot of this kind of stuff happens

Deleted user

Replying to Captain_Chaos:
i hope it isn't permanent.... but that possibility doesn't look good

s34n_h

Replying to Captain_Chaos: thats what i hope too.

RIP MLP

Nate

BANNED

Replying to MadBadCoyote:
Oh no. Oh no no no. Why hasbro, why?
Well, the show had a good run, maybe, MAYBE, they can fix it.
At least the brony fandom will be around, maybe someone who is very talented can make their own show, plot, animation, voice, everything.
Dark days, but like you said one of your favourite quotes,
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.â€

s34n_h

i think its alright though since McCarthy(the head writer) said; “I don’t think becoming a princess really changes her; I think it’s going to introduce some new challenges for her.†so, more variety, and stories in the episodes i guess!

Deleted user

Replying to Nate:
I immediately thought of that quote.

I just don't want MLP to become a thing i used to like. I already feel sad knowing I might never see most of my favourite characters ever again. Even worse, I don't want the show to become terrible.
That would hurt even worse than cancellation.

I'm gonna go cry now.

Nate

BANNED

Think about it though, has MLP done you wrong yet?
Don't cry yet, this could be the best season, you never know until you watch it.

Deleted user

Faust tweeted this.
CHAT Image
Then she deleted it and tweeted it again without the last part

Leisdog

Replying to MadBadCoyote: I agree that the "becoming a princess to sell toys" is stupid and totally against what made the show good. But we did see this last year with both the wedding and crystal ponies (I'm not saying I liked those I'm just saying that is what they were for.) But the thing that brings my blood to a boil is that it is complaining that "we didn't get a say in this" you don't get a say in this because you shouldn't get a say in it because you are the fandom not the creators. I find it horrible that the fandom thinks the creators will do what they say, and it isn't even fan service anymore it is straight up servitude.

aStingyMiser

Replying to MadBadCoyote: As I replied, the Twilight Alicorn thing was never official. But she said it. So now it is official. So FUCK HUMANITY.

prodocol

Actually I'm just hoping for another finale summary like Mike did for season 2.

Parks

Ass To Ass

I'm a fan of changing up show's in ways people don't expect (only if the change makes sense, and the creators don't regret making that change.), that being said it sounds great for the show if Lauren can't be Twilight anymore.

Deleted user

Replying to Leisdog:
I'm not demanding anything. I'm just really worried. I just want the show to be the best it can be..

I wasn't around for the Royal Wedding thing. I don't even understand how that seemed like an issue at the time.
This seems more like a permanent change to the show that the creators of the show didn't want to do in the first place.

Deleted user

Replying to Nate:
I won't answer the first question because you wouldn't like my answer.

And if i don't think about it, i remember why i'm not thinking about it. Then tears

Bello6

Replying to MadBadCoyote:Come on be happy Don't cry

Nate

BANNED

I'm sorry, I'm really bad at making things better...
Don't worry no matter what happens, You, Eddie, and I can still be gay togethers

SoralovesKairi

well as long as she's happy.

Captain_Chaos

I wonder what will be said about this on the Internet Box next week

Deleted user

Replying to Bello6:

Replying to Nate:
it's okay, I'm used to being sad. It's just i haven't been like this in awhile....

Replying to Captain_Chaos:
I hope there's a commotion over this at Bronycon.

s34n_h

Replying to MadBadCoyote: i think (or kinda hope) it will be sorted out by that time

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

TO HASBRO HQ!

CHAT Image

JohnStephen

I'm sure it won't change much. It'll probably just she gets some new princess mode or some shit. Then again, if that happens all the others will probably get their own ones for more Toys.

So, the show is going to become My Little Power Rangers, and I'm OK with that.

KimmyJ

King Chad

Replying to SoralovesKairi: Woah, I haven't seen you around here in a while.

Captain_Chaos

Replying to JohnStephen: I thought the Elements of Harmony filled the super mode role.

ghostface

Reference

I watch the show because like cartoons, and it reminds me of the old days were cartoons were full of innuendo and pop culture references

JohnStephen

Replying to Captain_Chaos: Really? I didn't watch much of the show.

aStingyMiser

Replying to Leisdog: MFW.

Tereall

It would be funny if like as soon as the episode airs they just send out tweets and stuff saying we where just joshin ya

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

Did you guys seriously think something like this wouldn't happen with Lauren Faust no longer running the show?

Also season 4 premiere sneak peek:

It unbalances the ponies since there will now be 1 alicorn 1 unicorn, 2 pegasi, and 2 earth.

Leisdog

I just had a vision.
I have seen the future.
Twilight becomes princess.
They have an episode showing off how much responsibility it is.
Then probably Sombra (still sucks) appears.
And good Discord is the Deus Ex Machina who make Twilight normal again.

ltayl1

WHAT IF?
Hasbro is just trolling?

Acetal

I only kinda liked twilight so as long as they don't mess with the other ponies im not too worried for the show

Deleted user

Alright, i stopped panicking.
im going to believe this so I don't cry myself to sleep right now.

I really hope it isn't permanent. I really do.

Sccratch

BANNED

Jesus fucking christ it's even here I can't get away from it. It's on Bronies Australia, Reddit and I'm sure it's on Equestria Daily..... I'm just gonna blank it out until the last second when the episode comes out and from there think about how i'm gonna take action.

ltayl1

Replying to MadBadCoyote: All will be revealed this Saturday!

Deleted user

Replying to ltayl1:
Feb 16th :(
The waiting doesn't help calm my fears at all
(Is there even an episode this week?)

JohnStephen

Replying to EVERYONE:

"Alicorn"

Click to play

Eddie

All my hope goes down the drain...
CHAT Image

deadshadow

foking furry

i don't want this

Captain_Chaos

Replying to Chenzo: Oh god help us!

Deleted user

well now i'm crying again. I dont actually wanna watch this episode at all. or any episode at the moment.

Eddie

Peter

Now best pony is gonna be princess. All hail queen sparkle!

Deleted user

Replying to Eddie:

Even if it's well received, I don't think I'm going to watch this episode as soon as it comes out. Especially if it's not.

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to MadBadCoyote: im gonna watch it and i will inform you about it

Deleted user

Replying to deadshadow:
thank you

I don't think I'd be able to make myself watch it at all tho

JohnStephen

Replying to MadBadCoyote: That's in Saw XXXIV, the people are forced to watch the new MLP episodes.

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to JohnStephen: nice

Eddie

CHAT Image

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to Eddie: true, nice pic where did you find it

JohnStephen

Replying to Eddie: 10 spacebucks says the story will be as follows:

Twilight becomes a princess (because Equestia's monarchy is corrupt as fuck), everyone's happy for her at first, everyone misses her, she misses everyone, she sacrifices being a princess because friendship, everyone's happy and Spike murders them while they sleep, earning his freedom.

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to JohnStephen: then he turns super sayian and kills everyone freeing his people he will let rarity live just to fuck her

Eddie

Replying to deadshadow:
Saw the link on Reddit, but the pic is from Deviantart.

Deleted user

Replying to JohnStephen:
I hope they do that (well, at least the first part) with the season 4 opener. I don't think i can watch if she's like that all the time.

Bello6

Replying to deadshadow:What the fuck

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to MadBadCoyote: that would be best writing wise

Eddie

The shitty thing is that in the rare chance that they can actually make this a good thing we won't be able to find out until season 4.

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to Bello6: yea i dont think i should have gone there

Eddie

I think I have the plot figured out. Twilight drinks Red Bull. It gives her wings.
CHAT Image

Deleted user

Replying to Eddie:
I wish i could laugh at that.

i... just cant right now

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to Eddie: nice red bull is shitty though

Eddie

For once I sympathize with Hitler...
Click to play

JohnStephen

Replying to Eddie: There it is again! "Alicorn"!

Why does every think that's what Alicorn means?

prodocol

God damn I didn't actually realize how much this show meant to people. I actually hope to one day get attached enough to a show/game to feel this strongly.

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to Eddie: welp

Deleted user

Replying to prodocol:
I've only done this to Mass Effect and Avatar: The Last Airbender (show) before.

One ended spectacularly.
The other imploded in on itself (for me at least). I don't want that to happen to MLP

JohnStephen

Replying to Eddie: Once again, "You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means".

Alicorn is what unicorn horns are made from, a winged unicorn is called a Pegacorn or just Pegasus.

Eddie

Replying to JohnStephen:

It has 2 meanings. The definition is:

Alicorn historically referred to the horn of a unicorn or its substance. See alicorn on Wiktionary for citations of other uses. It is also used as a name for a Winged unicorn in popular culture.

It's also not like I'm the only one saying this. It is what the MLP fandom calls them. The writers have called them that too. It may not be the actual meaning, but in the MLP universe winged unicorns are called Alicorns.

EDIT: I also checked the Wiktionary it refers to, and this is one of the definitions: A winged horse with a single horn on its head; a winged unicorn. Synonyms: pegacornunipegunisus
I'm just using the defintion accepted by the fandom.

deadshadow

foking furry

im not relay sure how i feel i like twilight but i feel like it wouldn't work story wise

Eddie

Replying to Eddie:
apparently when I copy text that is a link it automatically makes it a link on this site now?

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to Eddie: nice

Eddie

Replying to deadshadow:
no not nice. Now this shit is spamming the thread.

Deleted user

Replying to Eddie:
The weird auto embedding is kinda annoying

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to Eddie: its better than it no showing up

JohnStephen

Replying to Eddie: I didn't know that they were referred to Alicorns, I always thought they called Princess Celestia a unicorn?

Eddie

Replying to JohnStephen:
The call her a princess. the fandom call the alicorns. I don't see why you're getting mad at me. It's not like i'm the only one that calls them that. It is what everyone calls them.

Deleted user

Replying to Eddie:

Alicorn was used to describe the amulet Trixie wore

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to MadBadCoyote: yea she was a bitch in that episode

JohnStephen

Replying to Eddie: I'm sorry, I didn't mean for you to see it as getting angry at you, or at all.

I'm was just confused why everyone was calling them Alicorn.

Eddie

Replying to JohnStephen:
it's cool. Also what MadBad said. They have referred to alicorns on the show.
This is called the alicorn amulet (it shows a winged pegasus):
CHAT Image

JohnStephen

Replying to Eddie: That looks strangely Nazi-like.

deadshadow

foking furry

Replying to JohnStephen: yea kinda

You must be signed in to reply.