website suggestions

risaxis

BANNED

New ideas for mike to see

498 Replies

Mike

OVERLORD

@Eddie:
No. Your shame will forever be accessible to everyone.

@shenmoki:
1. What would be the point in a voting system?
2. What other format do you want? JPEG? LOL
3. There is a topic search already.

• +1
risaxis

BANNED

@Mike:so when is the next update because it would be nice to see how many people post on a poll.

shenmoki

BANNED

@Mike: 1. You made about that and i posted my ideas there relating to the top posters.
2. Yes JPG or JPEG files would give wood.
3. Where?

risaxis

BANNED

@shenmoki:png's are better because you can use transprancy. Just convert to a png or gif dumbfuck(dmf)

shenmoki

BANNED

@risaxis: MMMMhhmmmm

Eddie

@shenmoki: the search button is at the top of CHAT next to the stats button. It has a magnifying glass next to it.

risaxis

BANNED

@shenmoki:kill yourself

shenmoki

BANNED

@Eddie: Ohhhhhhhhh

Eddie

@MikeFUCK, well the dumb ones are never going to get asked b/c they are already downvoted to oblivion, but if "What happened to Mike?" ever gets high up (it's at 6 votes now) for some reason just ignore it. It was from the time when you took a hiatus.

forcep

BANNED

No more stats

shenmoki

BANNED

@risaxis: You right

risaxis

BANNED

More advanced stats such as ammount of characters used in posts

risaxis

BANNED

how about a way to make the website a little easier on mobile devices such as an option(not default) but no gifs.

Even though I love gifs.

risaxis

BANNED

Also put a suspicious label on anybody that put the word clop and an image.

Reaver

The bit system and reset the statistics for best pony. And maybe add an "I don't care" for non bronies so it doesn't lean all the FUCKING way to fluttershy

aWSOMN360

@Reaver: Jelly much?

Wouldn't mind a bottom of page button, similar to the "go to top of page" button or arrow that we have now. It would be great for long threads.

Also i'm not sure if it was just a problem on my part, but if not, I would like to be able to be logged in on two devices simultaneously.

Fapplejakks

@1: THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

-Hashtag functionality

-Make the thread notifications smaller

Please.

aWSOMN360

@Chenzo:

a. Hashtags? Really?

b. Its a reasonable size.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

A button similar to the return to the top, but for the opposite direction.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@aWSOMN360:

1. ye

2. no

Ogrelord_Shrek

BANNED

Calm down NGF. Post has been censored.

risaxis

BANNED

it's cool looking back and seeing that many of these requests were granted by Mike. <3

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@risaxis:

CHAT Image

Mike

OVERLORD

So yeah, pretty much everything reasonable suggested has been added now. You're welcome.

• +1
BronzeMitten

There Should be a random podcast button

aStingyMiser

@forcep: No it isn't. Stop mentioning that word.

aStingyMiser

@Fapplejakks: Hit "end."

Fapplejakks

@AStingyMiser: wait really?

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@Fapplejakks: That works on every website (along with pretty much every program ever).

Fapplejakks

@SpongeyGString: Well, you know, i'm kinda stupid.

risaxis

BANNED

Integrate the poll for your sexuality into the website and also the hall of fame onto the website as well. Just have curtains and a light coming down with classical music playing in the background with a trophy of Dan's head. or just a picture of Dan.

risaxis

BANNED

Or you could make it so we can see how many people vote on each poll so that we can see how many people vote so they serve A FUCKING PURPOSE!

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

I think risaxis should be banned. That would improve the site tenfold.

risaxis

BANNED

@SpongeyGString:nah

risaxis

BANNED

Also a way to see who's online, wether it's part of the want to bang list or a thing that will show everyone who's online.

KorporalKitty

PAM

I think that risaxis profile gets changed so that his Want to bang is changed to want to ban and its just a list of people who want to ban him for all of his suggestions

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@Korporal_kitty: This.

risaxis

BANNED

@Korporal_kitty:for all you know mine is want to ban. All we see is a WTB.

forcep

BANNED

go back to the old search system

risaxis

BANNED

@forcep:The old one was way better.

forcep

BANNED

@risaxis:that's why I brought it up

risaxis

BANNED

Also I linked it in the search topic.

aldude3

Video ads with really loud audio.

risaxis

BANNED

How about like a banner ad whenever you go on the website.

risaxis

BANNED

Like how about having the search no look for keywords in threads but having a filter such as keywords and titles of threads. Also if we could message people on our WTB list and have the messaging system called "sexting" or "nudes"

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@risaxis: This is a forum, not a social networking site. Find some other way to speak to people on CHAT.

risaxis

BANNED

@SpongeyGString:then how about skype integration kinda like the twitter integration. only this would actually serve a purpose other than following people easier.

risaxis

BANNED

@SpongeyGString:there is no pleasing you.

Eddie

@aldude3:
I agree.
Pop ups would also be a nice addition.

KorporalKitty

PAM

@risaxis:By the looks of this thread there is also no pleasing you.

risaxis

BANNED

@Korporal_kitty:there will be one day. Maybe.

KorporalKitty

PAM

@risaxis:well seeing as all your suggestions suck and will probably never be implemented it's highly unlikely that there will be .

risaxis

BANNED

@Korporal_kitty:A high number of them have already been implemented. So yeah if I were you I would just kill myself out of emmberasment so here this might help

KorporalKitty

PAM

@risaxis:no need to kill your self just use a site that already has all these features that you want and more! AKA facebook

risaxis

BANNED

@Korporal_kitty:shoutout to the WTB list that bartek suggested in this thread. Also chenzo's search idea that got made, and many problems of the site were fixed here. Not to mention how the improved stats page was invented here.

risaxis

BANNED

@Korporal_kitty:also my want to ban list that is similar to the want to bang list only mine consists of people who want to ban me.

KorporalKitty

PAM

@risaxis:I said 'your' meaning you risaxis not every one else I said 'there is also no pleasingyou' because all the things you suggested where bad.

risaxis

BANNED

@Korporal_kitty:then in that case about half of the things were pretty bad. A few actually were made but mostly improvements and fixes.

KorporalKitty

PAM

@risaxis:Do you read what you have written before you post it?

risaxis

BANNED

@Korporal_kitty:it depends. If i'm on my phone, no. If I'm at school, occasionally, and at home, yes.

KorporalKitty

PAM

@risaxis:So you must be on your phone then because all the 'facts' you bring up are wrong (like the WTB list that sonny88p suggested)

risaxis

BANNED

@Korporal_kitty:go to the top of this thread.

KorporalKitty

PAM

@risaxis:why?

risaxis

BANNED

@risaxis:you are correct but still that was created in this thread. so I guess it stillm proves my point.

KorporalKitty

PAM

@risaxis:No it does not, the ideas would have made it to mike one way or another and if you did not make this thread it is very likely that some other mother fucker would.

risaxis

BANNED

@Korporal_kitty:they already did but it was a failed thread because they were gaylords. I'm not taking credit I'm just throwing shit at the wall and hopefully it sticks. But it usually doesn't.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

CHAT Image

risaxis

BANNED

@SpongeyGString:Was this for a specific person and you forgot to hit reply like a fucking idiot (<3) or is this a suggestion.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@risaxis: It's an inside joke between me and Nolan regarding you and Looie's discussion, so reply to someone was not necessary.

risaxis

BANNED

@SpongeyGString:You win this one.

risaxis

BANNED

Why can we no longer edit posts?

deadshadow

foking furry

@risaxis: you can you just need to click on your post to edit it

risaxis

BANNED

@deadshadow:it's not letting me do it anymore. I use to be able to but not anymore. Try to edit your post.

Overtoad

TEST

risaxis

BANNED

@Overtoad:BEST

Overtoad

Nope

risaxis

BANNED

@Overtoad:what exactly are you testing?

risaxis

BANNED

@Overtoad:no responce. Okay then fuck me.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

##

Mike

OVERLORD

So what would be a cool idea to earn new bits?

• +1
SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

Bump, so that a better man than I can answer Mike's question.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@SpongeyGString: Oh uh... uh... uh... everyone gets 1 bit a week maybe?

M4xwell

Insanitarium

How about a 'thread' count on your personal profiles (to see how many you have made) AND you can press it to find certain threads you made.

ColdStew

All of my posts got removed by the OVERLORD.

Overtoad

@Mike: Maybe a secret word like on Pee Wee's Playhouse (that changes daily or so) grants a bit everytime it's used.
Or maybe admins (if there were to be any) could grant them infinitely.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@Overtoad: LOL ADMINS (like Mike could fully trust someone in this CHAT to not raise chaos)

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@Overtoad: Nah, we should get slimed.

aWSOMN360

@M4xwell: Shifty eyes.

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@VoodooSoup: That's no better than the old system. The current system may be flawed but at least it doesn't encourage shit posting like the old one did.

M4xwell

Insanitarium

@SpongeyGString: I still think the thread suggestion is good.

Overtoad

@SpongeyGString: Yeah. That'd beg for spamming.

aWSOMN360

@SpongeyGString: How about people posting in their own thread don't count.

KorporalKitty

PAM

@VoodooSoup:Then people just make threads ask questions where everyone just posts once with no conversation will become top poster dispute them not being a good poster.

ColdStew

All of my posts got removed by the OVERLORD.

KorporalKitty

PAM

@VoodooSoup:Well you don't want some one who doesn't make good posts to have bits and often the initial post is not the funny/best part of the thread and some threads with lots of posts have them because they are negative responses so why would someone want there negative response to 'help' the person out. Also it would be getting bits for other peoples good content comments.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

Still waiting for that down arrow.

aldude3

You get a notification when someone replies to your comment.

the_steve

I'll be honest, this whole site looks like a child playing with tools whose proper use he doesn't fully comprehend. It is filled with inside jokes and poorly-considered elements.

It's very clear that Mike has great technical ability to create a website of this complexity, and for that he should be (and properly is) lauded for his abilities. And yet, in his employment of these talents, it appears in every way that he has created a site not primarily for the benefit of the community, but primarily for his own amusement. It appears that no thought has been given to how the site might be viewed by anyone other than Mike. And the end result is a site that makes us all look like children for being here.

So my suggestions for the site are all aimed at adopting a more user-friendly and professional appearance:

1) A rating system for questions that's not based on an inside joke. (Mike loves Fluttershy, so her cutie mark is an upvote; and he hates Applejack, so her cutie mark is a downvote.) If you aren't aware of this piece of inane trivia, as I wasn't until I had listened to a number of old podcasts, then the rating system is not comprehensible.

2) A better color scheme than "black everywhere all the time forever."

3) The ability to flag questions as inappropriate.

4) The ability to rate questions on the list page, rather than opening each question's individual page.

5) The ability to change your vote on a question.

6) The removal of the confirmation popup when you're about to rate a question.

7) Or, if 5 and 6 aren't possible for whatever reason, then the replacement of the choices on the confirmation popup. Specifically, replace "Do it you won't" with "Yes" and "No I'm a pussy" with "No."

8) Either abandon the implementation of a Metro-style CHAT index, or do it better, because right now it looks like a poorly-performed homework assignment in a coding class.

*edited to add*
9) Renaming WTB with Friends, or something else that's readily comprehensible. Jesus Fucking Christ.

You must be signed in to reply.