Sign in

I forgot my password.

website suggestions

risaxis

BANNED

New ideas for mike to see

498 Replies

DashingRainbow

@forcep: wouldn't the top posters just take up the most persentage of posts?

risaxis

BANNED

Or a better stats page where we can see like how many total accounts there are and what are peoples favourite episodes based on what they favourite.

risaxis

BANNED

or a way to ban anyone who uses the cursed word , applejack but only if they don't put the slash through it.

FappingBlackGuy

OW;TheJosher

Make a giant dick so we can suck it.

risaxis

BANNED

don't do that, yet. Do it next month on the first

DashingRainbow

@risaxis: no!
APPLEJACK! APPLEJACK! APPLEJACK! APPLEJACK! APPLEJACK! APPLEJACK! #Firstworldanarchist

Eddie

Could you make it so when you lock a thread it doesn't bump it?

forcep

BANNED

@Eddie:could you not post on dead threads. (It's the same as shit posting)

Eddie

@forcep:
The funny thing is I didn't. My name is not deadlyparasite

Mike

OVERLORD

@Eddie:
Not really, with the way the database is currently set up.

Eddie

@Mike:
That's fine. Was just wondering because I remember I was locking some of my old threads once and they all got bumped, so then on the first page there was like 5 locked threads. Next time I won't do mass locks.
Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Eddie

Oh I remember something. You can't edit your favourite episodes. I accidentally added the same episode twice and can't remove one of them.

QuendaltonBreed

@Mike: Be able to view how many posts each person has rather than just the list of who has the most.

risaxis

BANNED

One kewl thing would be a way to sea all the 5 most recent fan art pictures from the facebook page on the IB website

risaxis

BANNED

or a way to see which IB podcast is theyre favourites based on what we chose as our favourite episodes

ItalianBadger

@risaxis: I think you are just suggesting ideas for the sake of suggesting now....

risaxis

BANNED

Or to maybe one day help with the development of the website.I may not be able to physically help but I can try to give ways to help.

risaxis

BANNED

But here's a really good idea though. Just some sort of messaging system or a embedded tweet add on so we can message each other because the profile comments system sucks. Just an idea.

Shannon

Queen

I think a private message system, or a wall would be cool. That way it's easier to make friends here. Or a friends list. :)

Mike

OVERLORD

@risaxis:

What's wrong with the profile comments? :(

risaxis

BANNED

You can't post on your own comments. Also a message system would be more personal because everyone can see your chat and comments but only you and the sender can see your messages.

risaxis

BANNED

I guess not being able to post on your own comments isn't really a problem but A messaging system would be great.

DashingRainbow

I think a PM system is a bad idea, the openness and un-exclusivity are big parts of the site and I think that this makes making friends here easier, and gets everybody to meet everybody.

BreadWolf

Weinerlord

@DashingRainbow:
People do the same thing through Skype at this point. There's really no reason not to.

risaxis

BANNED

Nah a messanger would be cool

KorporalKitty

PAM

butts for everyone?

risaxis

BANNED

@Korporal_kitty:yes please

risaxis

BANNED

It would be cool for a way to upvote and downvote intros to decide which one will be played.

lcfc2

@DashingRainbow: I got to agree with on this no messenger

DashingRainbow

@lcfc2: finally somebooooooooody agrees with me

shenmoki

BANNED

System that tracks what episodes youve listened to

risaxis

BANNED

the old layout because the new one sucks

Deleted user

@risaxis:
this please. This one confuses me

risaxis

BANNED

Me too and it also slows it down signifimitriglitrinitletelantkollinishlyly. If it ain't broke don't fuck it up

risaxis

BANNED

Also I would like a internet box button. Kinda like a twitter button only it takes you to a specific part of the IB website.

Mike

OVERLORD

@Eddie:
Actually, changing this right now. Should be implemented in the next few minutes or so.

Mike

OVERLORD

@risaxis:
?

risaxis

BANNED

@Mike:The new layout is slow as fuck.

risaxis

BANNED

How about replacing the circle loading thing with meatspin. it would be a hit

risaxis

BANNED

also a native uploader for images, your community needs it.

risaxis

BANNED

holy Fuck I love the new stats thing where we can see how many posts are mine and how we can see the most favourited topics. But can you make it so when someone locks a thread it will be unfavourited from everyponies favourite list.

risaxis

BANNED

I wish someone's stats were public so we can see like how many chat posts they have or how many questions thay ask.

risaxis

BANNED

or mike's stats so we can see how many posts he's censored and also his normal stats.

ST_mayfield

24-hour Meatspin.

risaxis

BANNED

already have that. Just go to the meatspin thread.

DashingRainbow

banner ads. You need to make money off of us fucking around

risaxis

BANNED

@DashingRainbow:good idea. Just no pop-ups. Fucking annoying. Also no video ads.

shenmoki

BANNED

@risaxis: Yup. I'm in agreement. They deserve some bank for all this.

risaxis

BANNED

Also they could make money with some official merch.

risaxis

BANNED

Just no premium accounts, EVER!

risaxis

BANNED

holy fuck the new poles are awesome!

Mike

OVERLORD

Alright, you should be able to remove favourite episodes now. Go to http://questions.internetboxpodcast.com/members/favourite-episode.php?id=Episode#&r=1

Let me know if there are any issues.

risaxis

BANNED

@Mike:thanks

risaxis

BANNED

opinions

OFFICIAL IB merch
  1. I would buy some
  2. I WOULD NEVER BUY!!!

Poll has been closed.

risaxis

BANNED

well hope your slap band fuckin burns up.

DashingRainbow

@Mike:

like the new changes to the personnal stats. would it be possible to get number of questions answered and date joined in there?

SpongeyGString

Akari~n!

@DashingRainbow: Date joined is total no. of posts divided by ave. posts/day then use that to work it out.

DashingRainbow

@SpongeyGString:
that would still be completely inacurate.

Mike

OVERLORD

@DashingRainbow:

What do you mean number of questions answered? Also, sign up date is not recorded.

deadshadow

foking furry

i would like more people as admins so if some people are fucking up chat the people can deal with it

DashingRainbow

@Mike:
like in your personal stats it could say how many of your questions have been answered on the podcast, not that I've been keeping track or anything.

risaxis

BANNED

no way because the admins would fuck up chat because the power would go to their dicks.

KorporalKitty

PAM

Teal for neal

risaxis

BANNED

#tealforneal

teal for neal
  1. TEAL!
  2. no teal

Poll has been closed.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

How about a search function for the answered/deleted section of the Questions Archive, sort of like what the thread page has already?

Apparently this is the hip-happenin' place to make suggestions.

risaxis

BANNED

@Chenzo:don't we already have that?

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

How about a search on the questions archive that doesn't use email, but uses the username.

risaxis

BANNED

@Redblood801:that would be cool. Or a way to set up a favourite member on our profile section and have the default be mike. Kinda like the favourite pony one.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@risaxis: No. I'm talking about instead of searching under email you'd search under keywords, like "Fluttershy", "Pokémon", "Super Suit", etc. This way we can know if the question we want to ask has already been answered/deleted.

risaxis

BANNED

@Chenzo:that would be cool but I was talking about something totally different.

Mike

OVERLORD

@Chenzo:
Done.

shenmoki

BANNED

@Mike: Awesome, thanks Mike

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@Mike: Well milk my duds, he did it.

CHAT Image

risaxis

BANNED

How about in the sweet links section adding the CHAT wiki?

risaxis

BANNED

Hey can we have a button to take us to the last page in the question archive?

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

How's about a poster of the week?

forcep

BANNED

@Redblood801:but it would always be me ;)

risaxis

BANNED

@forcep:or deadshadow

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@forcep:
@risaxis:
Not if my bees have anything to say about it.

risaxis

BANNED

OH GO NOT THE BEES!

risaxis

BANNED

@Mike:hey can you make a way to see when someone is online or how many users are online?

Deleted user

@Mike:how about a homiez and gehylordz lists where you can see what your friends and enimies are up to.

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

I think the locked thread symbol on a NSFW thread should be a chastity belt.

DashingRainbow

I think you should get an alert when someone replies to you

risaxis

BANNED

@DashingRainbow:good idea.

DashingRainbow

@risaxis:
ty

risaxis

BANNED

and can we have a button to take us to the last page on the question archive?

When I write I like to have some structure, to prevent creating a single block of text. It is simply an attempt to make my words more aesthetically pleasing, and also makes it easier to speed read.

So, I would greatly appreciate the ability to add line breaks to my comments.

While I understand the admin's desire to prevent users creating posts with many blank lines, I feel a better solution might be to somehow impose a limit on post size, based on word limits or line limits, or perhaps a limit on the number of times the text may be parsed within a single post.

risaxis

BANNED

@1:what is this, tumblr?

Well colour me surprised! Apparently my internet skills leave much to be desired. It would appear that I can easily add line breaks. I am terribly embarrassed. I'd like to apologise for wasting everypony's time.

deadshadow

foking furry

still waiting for the multiple admins and that i can sign up as one

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@deadshadow: Lol not gonna happen.

forcep

BANNED

how about a notification when you have a comment on your profile

Redblood801

Chief Dingus

@forcep: I second this.

Chenzo

( ͡° ͜ʖ

@forcep: There already is one but you have to click on the tab next to your name on the top right of the page to see it.

forcep

BANNED

@Chenzo:like highlight our name so that we know

risaxis

BANNED

@forcep:how about desktop notification?

Eddie

Could we get a way to delete questions we asked? Some on the ones I have asked are retarded or don't pertain anymore and I feel embarrassed for asking them.

shenmoki

BANNED

Being able to vote up posts or vote against them. Not sure how hard that system would be to implement but it'd be nice and letting Us post picture formats on our profile other than a PNG or gif and also having an actual search engine to find topics

risaxis

BANNED

@shenmoki:I still want a way to see who's online and who's not.

You must be signed in to reply.