Back So I Left

Mike

OVERLORD

So, instead of answering all of the questions individually and to end all of the speculation; this is why I left. The biggest reason I saw speculated was that my work forced me to leave. Nope. In fact, the people I work with are well aware of the podcast, my online identity, and my love of Fluttershy. There's no problem there.

I'm just going to write this in third person. This is a story about Mike, Sam, and Andrew.

Back in September, Mike and Sam started talking to each other. Mike's computer had recently broken and he didn't have anything to do during the day. So having someone to talk to all the time was great! They became best friends, and after a while developed feels for each other.

Mike eventually fell for her, and told her how he felt. Unfortunately Sam didn't want a more "serious relationship" at the time. However, she did promise some things that would probably happen in the future. Mike understood the reasoning behind it, but was still heartbroken. He still felt very strongly about her and wasn't going to give up. Over the next few months, it seemed like she started drifting away slowly. She never really explained to him why. Mike had accepted that they were never going to be what he wanted, but he still wanted her in his life, and he didn't want to lose one of his best friends.

Fast forward to February. Sam told Mike that she and Andrew had a thing. They did come clean and tell Mike straight up about it, but things still hadn't really been resolved between Mike and Sam. Andrew could have at least waited until they had worked out everything first.

Mike was so depressed and upset by everything that had transpired that he left everything. He told the appropriate people at AH and IB that he was going away for a while. He just needed time away from everything. He didn't know how else to deal with it.

Throughout the month of February, he watched as everything that Sam had promised him, she was doing/going to do with Andrew. He couldn't be angry, the depression just made him feel empty and numb. So he just shut Andrew out of his life. He couldn't deal with it. It made him sick when he did think about it.

Back in December, Mike had made plans to visit Sam in March. When that time finally came around, he knew that it wasn't going to be the trip he wanted, but he was going to fix everything when he was there.

Things did not go as well as he thought. Without going into too much detail, she backstabbed him and betrayed his trust and privacy. Mike couldn't believe it. However, after multiple lengthy conversations they finally worked things out. Mike still loved her with everything he had, despite everything that had happened, but all he wanted was to see her happy. And he still wanted to be best friends. Although, things were still pretty tense with the whole Andrew thing, and Mike made it clear that he was done with the podcast completely. He just wasn't happy anymore, and didn't want to return.

A day later the tension finally snapped and everything pretty much fell apart. It's like the conversations that Mike and Sam about fixing their friendship didn't happen at all.

Mike didn't want the podcast to be involved at all, they were two completely different things. Everything was just so intertwined now, it was almost impossible to untangle it. Sam cut Mike out of her life completely. They had worked things out, but everything had unravelled by the time Mike returned home. He lost his best friend over a stupid podcast. She blamed him for things, all because he didn't want to go back because he wasn't happy anymore.

Mike still cares a lot for Sam, but his worst fear has come true, he lost her completely (at least for now). Something that he wanted to avoid more than anything else. It's so painful to talk to someone literally everyday for over half a year, and then have them completely shut you out. He hopes that this time away for her will be good. And that they can eventually be friends again at some point, because he really values that a lot.

So. That's why I've been gone.

After reading through CHAT topics, messages, tumblr posts, Tweets, and reddit threads, I didn't know how much I would be missed. Thanks to everyone for the kind messages and everything like that. I <3 you guys. You are the reason I'm back (I don't know for how long). I should be on an episode again soonish.

created

293 Replies

Mike

OVERLORD

Also get shit on Ben. I left Twitter without even trying and for like so much longer than you. LOL

aStingyMiser

BANNED

Wow, I've actually had to deal with shit like this before. Fuckin' sucks, man. Glad you're back though.

LaughingMan9

"It is sometimes a mistake to climb; it is always a mistake never to make the attempt"
-Sandman: Fables and Reflections by Neil Gaiman.

ItalianBadger

That's really tough...relationships can be the worst.I probably would've done the same thing as you. You've got a lot of support from your fans Mike. Happy to have you back.

Bartek

It's very painful when a woman you love rejects you even as a friend... A story just like that happened to me as well - only it lasted for about 2 years...

SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK MIKE!

aStingyMiser

BANNED

@Bartek: Was it Thalia?

JohnStephen

Glad you're back Mike. Now CHAT is whole again.

Bartek

@AStingyMiser: I don't wanna talk about it...

Eddie

I feel for you Mike. It sucks when shit gets all intertwined. I missed you and am glad that you are back. You are my favourite IB member. I think you are really funny and I like when you talk about ponies. I'd like to say I know what you're going through, but in reality I don't. I can't imagine how you are feeling. I really hope everything gets better, and I'm glad that you are back.
Huh. We can’t seem to load this image.
Sincerely,
That loser on CHAT, Eddie

aStingyMiser

BANNED

@Bartek: That bitch ruined the end of TDKR, seriously dude.

But srs I j/k.

prodocol

BANNED

Just remember, you are always our overlord.

aStingyMiser

BANNED

@prodocol: *OVERLORD

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

Now you get it why 2D is the best D. I pity those who care about 3DPD.

I didn't really understand the "He lost his best friend over a stupid podcast" part, though.

MadBadCoyote

Replying to OP:
*Hugs!*
Im glad ur still around! 😊

Zackizzle

Who?

Mike

OVERLORD

@TheXRayFactor:

She's mad or something that I wouldn't return. Therefore causing the end of the podcast, and "ruining her potential relationship".

|  edited 1 year ago

DashingRainbow

BANNED

your story made me feel sincearly sad and upset but I know you must be going through a lot worse, I hope my simple words can be enough to cheer you up at least a little bit, but words are wind. sincearly a humble member of your website and a devoted supporter.

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Mike:
Oh, I see. That's silly of her. Now seems to be the appropriate time for you to embrace Waifuism!

Now, really, get your ass back at the podcast. You're funny as fuck, either by accident or not. Is this whole thing going to stop you from going to RTX?

ΞNDΞRMΞN

Yay, Mike!

Captain_Chaos

I missed you Mike the Podcast wasn't as good without you. Glad you are back in action!

LaughingMan9

What is with everyone on the podcast and online relationships anyway? With Lt being the exception.
 I still don't understand the appeal of that. 

|  edited 1 year ago

deadshadow

foking furry

People can suck just accept it

Bello6

Hey mike sounds rough hopefully you can get over this whole thing eventually i dont like seeing you kinda upset

FlygonNick

Replying to OP: Mike, you're an amazing guy and we, THE PEOPLE, missed you. Good to have back man. Things may seem hard now, but things will get easier with time. Shoutout to Mike, the greatest Overlord ever...of all time. :D

aStingyMiser

BANNED

@FlygonNick:

natehalodragon

Wow Mike... That really made me shed a tear. I am such a homoking. We've all been friend zoned before but this sounds really rough. I hope you feel better. Remember, you'll always have fluttershy. I'm glad you're back. VIVA LA MIKE.

Bello6

Also mike why are you in third person like theres no real reason

natehalodragon

@Bello6:Why not?

aStingyMiser

BANNED

@natehalodragon:
I've never been friend zoned.

Bello6

@natehalodragon: oh right this is the internet

LaughingMan9

@AStingyMiser:I've beaten the friend zone. Twice.

aStingyMiser

BANNED

@Bello6: Distancing himself from the story. Makes it easier emotionally.

KimmyJ

Wow, sounds EXACTY like something that happened to me. And it happened right around the same time frame. Mike... are you me?

JohnStephen

@KimmyJ:
This explains so much.

KimmyJ

@JohnStephen: I noticed that I've started getting thinner and more pale lately... and my newfound love for Fluttershy... It all adds up.

risaxis

BANNED

Mike, I don't know if you will read this but time away is good. you have to try to make it so that you can see Sam and Andrew and not be depressed. The same thing happened to me with my ex Shayla and my friend Marcus. She cheated on me with him though but I eventually ot over it (3 months later) and we are now good friends. Just try to get her out of your head, try finding someone else to hang out with or go hang out with some friends so that you can get her off your mind.

FappingBlackGuy

That red faced fuck.

JiffyLoob

BANNED

Tragic...
I'll miss you being on the podcast. You were one of my favourites.
Also, I don't know if this has been addressed before but will you ever do a Mikecast again?

risaxis

BANNED

Calm down gaylord. Post has been censored by Andrew.

FappingBlackGuy

@risaxis: More like redfacedcuck, am I right?

risaxis

BANNED

@FappingBlackGuy:Yeah, you right

DashingRainbow

BANNED

@FappingBlackGuy: holy shit I laughed so hard at that!

arikisbeastley

BANNED

Replying to OP: I'm in a similar situation mike, I can sympathize. Shit sucks, glad to have you back man.

Cameyjw

So I'm slow on Chat - and had to get lead to this like a dog.

Internet/Long Distance relationships suck Mike. So don't sweat it in that part, not saying all crash and burn, but a large percentage do. And I'm assuming unless you planned to move, well you'd be doing a lot Cyb0r.

I was in a similar situation myself a few years back, alas I was young. Go out, get some SWAG in your heart and go get a hooker. Will make you and your pee pee feel better.

KrazyHips

I'm glad your back mike, keep your head up, it will all get better.
Your faithful student, krazyhips.

arikisbeastley

BANNED

Hurry back to being the swagger mike we all know and love

s34n_h

holy shit. i never knew the Mike "the White Knife" Kroon would ever have to go through something like that. im in utter shock

aStingyMiser

BANNED

@KimmyJ: AND you just moved to Canada!

s34n_h

@Mike: do you mean her virginity? did you really... youre growing up so much!

Mike

OVERLORD

@TheXRayFactor:
No. But we're going to have to figure something out...

Mike

OVERLORD

@JiffyLoob:
I don't know at this point. Probably not anytime soon, sorry.

forcep

BANNED

@Mike:  :'(
 |  edited 1 year ago

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@Mike:

If everything else fails, there is also the possibility of you guys fighting in the middle of the panel.

That would be something.

|  edited 1 year ago

risaxis

BANNED

Don't you hate when the entire world knows about your relatonship befor you do.

JohnStephen

Mike, just remember that we are your fanbase. We'll listen to whatever you want us to listen to, we'll talk about anything you want us to talk about. We'll kill anyone you want us to kill.

Just say the word.

JiffyLoob

BANNED

@Mike: Awww Ok you just get better.

risaxis

BANNED

the word@JohnStephen:

AlphaOmega

So how will this effect the whole RTX panel situation? Due to the fact that not only are you and Andrew on bad terms, but Ray and Dylon are also on bad terms... That's in less than 4 months. Will there still be a panel?

Also. Sucks to hear what happened. That's really shitty man, but I hope you bounce back from it! I really hope to hear you on the podcast again soon! You and Ray are both easily my favourites.

BigPaul2

what if like the podcast splits up and they make 2 different podcast's each one trying to ruin the other one with like an ultimate podcast war?

risaxis

BANNED

@AlphaOmega:I like dylon too but huuuuge mike fan. it's not his fault, he's a natural swagger dude.

risaxis

BANNED

@BigPaul2:Also this is an intersting concept and I would like to see this happen. Then we get 2 podcasts every week. The internet podcast vs the box podcast
 |  edited 1 year ago

BigPaul2

@risaxis: twice the content, but half the ruckus

risaxis

BANNED

@Big:  So do you want to get started on the box podcast. I heard they need more people.
 |  edited 1 year ago

prodocol

BANNED

@AlphaOmega:
The White Knife can take on the Red Faced Fuck live at RTX.

risaxis

BANNED

@prodocol:How much is a RTX ticket, I'll just for the IB

BigPaul2

@risaxis: HAHAHAHA that was good. fo real. uhhhh... ehhh....fuckin knee slapper. but fo real do. funny as heeeeellll.

risaxis

BANNED

Seriously how much is one, are you willing to donate yours?

BigPaul2

@risaxis: last year i think it was like around 40 im willing to guess mid forty to about 50 for this year

BigPaul2

yup 50 for a three day

risaxis

BANNED

KEWL i wonder if I should buy multiples so I can takes some friends and my GF(not sure if I want my gf to see me there, I met become like really starstruck and super fanboy)

BigPaul2

@risaxis: yeah id love to go...but im a loser adult with no way to travel 2200 miles. i say adult becuz i turned 18 a couple whiles back...

risaxis

BANNED

Well im fourteen and I live in florida so im a plane away.

BigPaul2

@risaxis: ughhhh!!! im so frakin jelly!!!! just you wait ima finsh up mah college and move down to austin then ill be a bike ride away!!!

risaxis

BANNED

I too want to move to Austin. I heard they have strip clubs there. Thats like a fourteen year olds heaven. /they dont have any in our town

rynojvr

@risaxis: You will learn the world can be a beautiful place! :D

JohnStephen

@AlphaOmega:
Wait, wait, wait, what happened between Ray and Dylon?

rynojvr

@JohnStephen:
Ray and Dylon aren't following each other on Twitter, and then there's this, and this.

JohnStephen

NO! How can Dylon and Ray be fighting? Mike, Ray, Dylon and not Andrew are my favourites!

forcep

BANNED

@JohnStephen:It can't fall apart

JohnStephen

@forcep:
First the Yogiverse splits,
Then Peva.tv splits,
Now IB CHAT might split.

Why does this keep happening?!

DashingRainbow

BANNED

@JohnStephen: I was never big into the yogscast community, what happened?

Carlsbean

BANNED

@DashingRainbow: some boring people did boring stuff

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@rynojvr:
Haha, oh wow, I laughed hard at that 'lol no' one.

rynojvr

@TheXRayFactor: Did you think it was just Ray being Ray? Or do you think he sounded mad?

TheXRayFactor

Based Deak

@rynojvr:
I don't know if that's how he acts, but it definitely didn't sound like he was mad or something.

JohnStephen

@DashingRainbow:
The full story is too long to post here, here's a pastebin link.

DashingRainbow

BANNED

@JohnStephen: huh wow

dracoizumi

Cool story.

DanFlyhight

Sorry to hear about that Mike! You have my sorrow, I know that feel. Not exactly, but we all deal with loneliness and I definitely know what its like to not have one's feelings returned. I know I'm random, but if you need someone to talk to, I'm around.

Chenzo

I doubt you (Mike) will read this, but I feels ya brah. I may be the few who hasn't really been a fan of how you carried yourself for the last few months, but I'm sure a good number of The People can relate to your situation (including myself) and hope you'll be able to pick yourself up, get up on that horse and ride that bitch into the sunset.

That's pretty much it. Take care pal.

SkyGodHirachnik

Replying to OP: So you wont be returning at all?

Xtrememan

Replying to OP: Try talking to a girl, being awesome friends with her, enjoying everything she does, being good friends with her, and being awesome friends with her friend group, and getting completely shut out. This was after a year of being a good friend. But, then again, that's life.

JohnStephen

@Xtrememan:
That's what all the people say,
You're riding high in April, shot down in May...

Chenzo

@JohnStephen:
But I know I'm gonna change their tune,
When I'm right back on top in June...

Xtrememan

@Chenzo: Well, at least some people got the reference. That song's kinda what I used to cheer me up a bit. Well, that, the IB podcasts, and Video Games. But yeah, that's all true, and sucky.

Neal

ROLF

|  edited 1 year ago

DashingRainbow

BANNED

@dracoizumi: I asume your the Sam this refers to?

joellau1234

@DashingRainbow:

Correct. Check her twitter too.

prodocol

BANNED

@Chenzo:
wake me up when september ends

JohnStephen

@Xtrememan:
I get surprisingly few references usually, this has been a good day for me.

LUCK O' THE IRISH, AYE LADDIE?

Topic has been locked.